Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I see good hanzo's constantly at my level. He can spam pretty heavily and his ult is very powerful for taking ults. Also because he has a huge hitbox so his skill floor is much lower than widow's.

Symmetra is a more advanced hero... he might not have realized he could give everyone a shield.
    This guy played two hours as Symmetra. His excuse was "Nobody else was trying, so it!", even though the game just started. He chose Symmetra, went all the way to the opponents, and decided to do nothing.

People are ing re ed. Between that and people wanting to play only as one character in the name of "fun," this game has become infuriating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy played two hours as Symmetra. His excuse was "Nobody else was trying, so it!", even though the game just started. He chose Symmetra, went all the way to the opponents, and decided to do nothing.

People are ing re ed. Between that and people wanting to play only as one character in the name of "fun," this game has become infuriating.
    Are you on console?

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Ew, no. I spent $2000 on my pc, so I sure as am going to use it.

I am level 90, and I get a competent team less than half the time. It goes "win, win, get kicked out lobby, lose, lose, lose."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was great fun for the couple hours I played. Definitely another Blizzard classic created. At this point, is it even debatable there's ever been a better purely third party developer than Blizzard? I say third party because in my heart of hearts, Nintendo will always be #1, but they've always been handicapped by their console ties.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    calm down there CH. people were ming themselves over Destiny for the first months and now only autistic kids still play lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    calm down there CH. people were ming themselves over Destiny for the first months and now only autistic kids still play lol
    There was never a compe ive scene around Destiny. It was always a timebomb since there's an end game to the content, the same with any grab and loot game.

Overwatch has a ton of momentum and the scene is rapidly expanding. It's most likely going to be a premiere tournament game.

But this is basically the SpursTalk hater timeline for future reference:

Pre-launch: this game is , everyone who plays it is , it's going to completely flop

Release date: magazines giving it a 92/100, the do they know? They're bought and paid for anyway. This game is gonna be in the bargain bin in a month.

Massively successful launch: bunch of kids just playing the new game, it's going to fall hard and fast

Developed compe ive scene with 15,000,000+ players worldwide: Pfff the do they know, the game is still

And on and on. SpursTalk's favorite pastime is hating on something to feel superior.

Overwatch isn't going anywhere, dude. All indications are pointing to a very long lived compe ive le with multiple years of tournaments. This has been one of the most successful product launches in history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol compe ive scene. well see how it's going in a year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol compe ive scene. well see how it's going in a year
    It's basically an FPS version of LoL. So if it's 1/5th as popular it will be MASSIVE

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/0...-in-overwatch/

For example, we recently realized that “Avoid this player” was wreaking havoc on matchmaking. One of the best Widowmaker players in the world complained to us about long queue times. We looked into it and found that hundreds of other players had avoided him (he’s a nice guy—they avoided him because they did not want to play against him, not because of misbehavior). The end result was that it took him an extremely long time to find a match.

The worst part was, by the time he finally got a match, he had been waiting so long that the system had “opened up” to lower skill players. Now one of the best Widowmaker players was facing off against players at a lower skill level. As a result, we’ve disabled the Avoid system (the UI will go away in an upcoming patch). The system was designed with the best intent. But the results were pretty disastrous.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Widowmaker and Hanzo are ing . They ing ruin games because morons automatically pick them regardless of whether the team needs them or not.

I just entered the first prestige and was playing a close match on Ilios. A low-level player, who was playing Bastion, clearly wasn't helping, so I asked him to switch. He did switch--he chose Widowmaker. He chose a sniper on a map where the main objective is to get on the point... a camper on a map where you are not supposed to camp. Needless to say, we lost the game in the third round.

Fundamentally, I am against banning any character, but when one's team loses over and over again because one player makes a horrendous choice, I start thinking about how better the game would be without snipers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Widowmaker and Hanzo are ing . They ing ruin games because morons automatically pick them regardless of whether the team needs them or not.

I just entered the first prestige and was playing a close match on Ilios. A low-level player, who was playing Bastion, clearly wasn't helping, so I asked him to switch. He did switch--he chose Widowmaker. He chose a sniper on a map where the main objective is to get on the point... a camper on a map where you are not supposed to camp. Needless to say, we lost the game in the third round.

Fundamentally, I am against banning any character, but when one's team loses over and over again because one player makes a horrendous choice, I start thinking about how better the game would be without snipers.
    You're going to have that in ANY game though. I mean, name a team based game that newbies don't wreck? You ever played LoL with sub 30s? "Hey we have an adc tank support and mid we need a jg" >>> instalocks another adc. "Hey we have adc mid support jg we need a top" >>> instalocks a mid mage with no mobility.

It's just going to take the noobs time to get accustomed to the strategy. It's definitely frustrating though. Yesterday I was playing Pharah because the other team had two Torbs and a bastion. No one else on my team switched to counter them, so we had a team of me, Roadhog, Rein, Mercy, reaper, and Tracer. I probably destroyed 15 turrets in the game but it didn't matter. Couldn't handle 3 of them by myself.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Dude, I was level 90+ and I had another level 90+ on my team. I was Zarya, they were Mercy, and we were defending Route 66. I was thinking, "They know what's up. They will heal/buff me, and we will dominate the other team." Nope, we got ed up by the Reinhardt, Mei, and Tracer. I had to practically beg him to use some common sense and heal me, sense I was the only semi-competent player on our team. We barely won the match.

It feels like the game gives you a competent team once or twice, then kicks you out and stacks the deck against you so you lose two or three times in a row. Teammates make baffling character choices, or if they make decent choices, they switch and screw up your chemistry for no conceivable reason.

I just have to play with a group of 5 others. This is ridiculous.

Edit: Please tell me that level is not an indicator of skill, because I, and 3 other prestiges, lost TWICE on King's Row against a team with only one prestige. And dude, I cheesed the out of both matches: I used Junkrat in the first match and just spammed, and I used Pharrah in the second match on attack with a pocket Mercy.

That whole experience is embarrassing.
    Last edited by redzero; 06-24-2016 at 12:18 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

HOLY YES......anytime I'm on an attack team and pre-game I see two dip s on my team pick Widowmaker, I leave the match immediately.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're going to have that in ANY game though. I mean, name a team based game that newbies don't wreck? You ever played LoL with sub 30s? "Hey we have an adc tank support and mid we need a jg" >>> instalocks another adc. "Hey we have adc mid support jg we need a top" >>> instalocks a mid mage with no mobility.

It's just going to take the noobs time to get accustomed to the strategy. It's definitely frustrating though. Yesterday I was playing Pharah because the other team had two Torbs and a bastion. No one else on my team switched to counter them, so we had a team of me, Roadhog, Rein, Mercy, reaper, and Tracer. I probably destroyed 15 turrets in the game but it didn't matter. Couldn't handle 3 of them by myself.
    That should improve when the introduce a compe ive mode, right? Then you can at least set up scrimmages, etc and stay out of newer players' way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That should improve when the introduce a compe ive mode, right? Then you can at least set up scrimmages, etc and stay out of newer players' way
    Absolutely. I mean, I hardly see it anymore. If I'm not queuing with my noob friends, most of the people I see in my games are above level 40.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Wow, I just got put with a Symmetra who would not shield AND a Mercy who would not heal. I was a Reinhardt defending King's Row, and my supports refused to do anything at all. Symmetra didn't do anything, and Mercy did mental gymnastics to somehow justify not healing her teammates (since Symmetra didn't shield, Mercy didn't want to heal; how that makes sense, I have no idea). It is literally incomprehensible how people could be so re ed in a team-based game. I am truly baffled by the idiocy displayed by my teammates.

A sociology study could be made on how re ed people can be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, I just got put with a Symmetra who would not shield AND a Mercy who would not heal. I was a Reinhardt defending King's Row, and my supports refused to do anything at all. Symmetra didn't do anything, and Mercy did mental gymnastics to somehow justify not healing her teammates (since Symmetra didn't shield, Mercy didn't want to heal; how that makes sense, I have no idea). It is literally incomprehensible how people could be so re ed in a team-based game. I am truly baffled by the idiocy displayed by my teammates.

A sociology study could be made on how re ed people can be.
    Well, trolls exist in every form. Especially since compe ive mode isn't out yet, they're just hurting their MMR. Maybe sandbagging as a duo queue?

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I just had a Soldier 76 get killed trying to take out a turret mode Bastion
    we had two Reinhardts
    they were shielding
    in clear view of the Bastion that was targeting us

I was one of the Reinhardts, so I saw the whole thing. I watched this dummy try to flank a Bastion instead of just shooting him from behind our shields.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should have to pass an IQ test before being allowed to use Widowmaker. Four teammates get onto the point, wiped out by a goddamn Pharah Ult. As I wait to respawn, I watch a teammate let the Overtime meter run out completely as he stood back still ing sniping instead of jumping down onto the point.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    You should have to pass an IQ test before being allowed to use Widowmaker. Four teammates get onto the point, wiped out by a goddamn Pharah Ult. As I wait to respawn, I watch a teammate let the Overtime meter run out completely as he stood back still ing sniping instead of jumping down onto the point.
    Sounds like the typical Widow/Hanzo player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's easy to get tunnel vision as a sniper.

Hanzo has become pretty hated from my perspective. He has hit me so many times when he's not even looking at me that it's infuriating.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Thread Information