Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Where was this in my neighborhood...

Ben Collins Verified account ‏@oneunderscore__

People on a street corner in Manhattan watching the McGregor-Diaz fight on someone else's roof.

Post Count
    Is it just me or does Nate Diaz sound like he has been hit a billion times in his head? He sounds like he has pre Alzheimer's. Dude better stop before he is eating dinner out of a straw.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    Is it just me or does Nate Diaz sound like he has been hit a billion times in his head? He sounds like he has pre Alzheimer's. Dude better stop before he is eating dinner out of a straw.
    I feel sorry for the guy in this respect. He grew up raised to fight, it's basically all he knows yet he really does not like it anymore, he is just very good at it. There was a story about him constantly roused up by his older brother to fight so that the brother might deem the opponent worthy. Diaz is on automatic when put into the situation , he does not give an inch. He is in incredible shape. It might be part of his ability to keep going. He is clearly slower than Connor, he just has to survive long enough till the slow down to his level. This will probably be true with most of his opponents from now on. (I hope there are not many more)

This guy is really very straightforward. Tough life. Fight and then party. He will not make it past 60 and he's gonna hurt every morning in 5~10 years. I think he knows it. He has obviously matured a lot... Backing out of this latest fight for more money at the appropriate time.

My take. The guy is real. I don't think he wants anything to do with a normal life right now, while protecting people close to him that can't handle seeing him get beat up.

Just saw the fight, a draw would have worked. But, if we had to have a winner then it would be Conner.

Great fight~

Smart move not wanting to get on the ground with Diaz on the behalf of Conner.

Come on number three.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-22-2016 at 09:52 PM.

Believe.
    Post Count
    He should defend the belt at 45 VS Aldo. Aldo rebounded against Edgar and that fight now again has huge marketability.
    I agree, however Connor grew immensely with his two fights against Nate. He was steamrolling at 145 before, and he's a much, much better fighter now. What are Aldo's chances realistically?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    I agree, however Connor grew immensely with his two fights against Nate. He was steamrolling at 145 before, and he's a much, much better fighter now. What are Aldo's chances realistically?
    Dana White is going to realize Connor is going to call the shots on his next opponent.

Believe.
    Post Count
    That last combo of Cowboy to end the fight was a ing work of art.

Post Count
    Dana White is going to realize Connor is going to call the shots on his next opponent.
    Yep, and Connor doesn't need to go around promoting the fight either.

Post Count
    i dont get the pay scale, if u can take the hits, why not go to boxing where the money is?

conner took home 3m, diaz 2m...how much did the promoter made from tickets and ppv...chump change for fighters

Post Count
    i dont get the pay scale, if u can take the hits, why not go to boxing where the money is?

conner took home 3m, diaz 2m...how much did the promoter made from tickets and ppv...chump change for fighters
    Conor is rumored to make 15 mil off the fight. PPV points are huge..

Thread Information