Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Repeating means that the odds are stacked so much in favour of one team that it can sail through the issues throughout more than one full season and still ring. It is also no coincidence that outside of Detroit, all the teams that repeated (Celtics, Lakers, Miami, Chicago, Houston) are from big markets that can afford to carry extra personnel (luxury tax), and/or can attract the right players to play for them.

Detroit was still a relatively large city in the late 80s, and the fact is that they had to change the way people approach the game of basketball to win championships on the "cheap", but still carried multiple HoFers with a solid supporting cast.
    The 1st 3peat Bulls were built from the ground up...all from the draft and a couple of trades. They had no big free agent signings to speak of and really had no odds stacked in their favor except chemistry from 3+ seasons of playing together and knowing how to win at the highest level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 1st 3peat Bulls were built from the ground up...all from the draft and a couple of trades. They had no big free agent signings to speak of and really had no odds stacked in their favor except chemistry from 3+ seasons of playing together and knowing how to win at the highest level.
    Their odds was called Michael Jordan.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Repeating means that the odds are stacked so much in favour of one team that it can sail through the issues throughout more than one full season and still ring. It is also no coincidence that outside of Detroit, all the teams that repeated (Celtics, Lakers, Miami, Chicago, Houston) are from big markets that can afford to carry extra personnel (luxury tax), and/or can attract the right players to play for them.

Detroit was still a relatively large city in the late 80s, and the fact is that they had to change the way people approach the game of basketball to win championships on the "cheap", but still carried multiple HoFers with a solid supporting cast.
    Terrible argument, the only big market team is LA on that list. Maybe Miami as of late, but its really NY and LA, Chicago hasn't signed 1 bigtime FA since the MJ days. Maybe Pau, but even he was past his prime and on the decline. Since the CBA has changed the spurs rang and failed to repeat, while the playing field is leveled.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I am pretty happy with championships in each of the last three decades. Spurs got one in the 90s, 2000's and the 2010's. Noone else has had such sustained excellence during that run.
    As you should be ...I wouldnt trade two in a row like the Rox over 5 in total.
    But repeating is very cool and if I would still have 5 no matter what... I would prefer a repeat be in there somewhere.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    no doubt. all these years later still relevant.
    Im sure many guys here have seen a TV show or movie where a guys cheats and then has to explain why we would not do the same ...
    Or the situation where a girl tries to portray their not easy and makes you wait Leasing the pu$$y with an option to buy ...so much great stuff.
    Eddie was in a dark place relationship wise ...but some brutally honest comedy.
    My brother is a in dog and cheated on girlfriend after girlfriend and whenever the family got together the girlfriend would always go to my wife asking for advice or to vent. My brother's stink started rubbing on me a bit because my wife started looking at me in a su ious way and went into the hypotheticals And let me tell you how far she went. I don't know about phones. My wife got my phone and somehow synced my GPS location on Google Plus to her phone so she could see where I was on Google maps all the time. It was like a tracking device and I had no in idea for months. So whenever I went out alone and she called and asked where I was she would know if I was lying or not. Luckily I'm a good man so I was where I said I was. She finally got the guilty conscience and told me about it

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My brother is a in dog and cheated on girlfriend after girlfriend and whenever the family got together the girlfriend would always go to my wife asking for advice or to vent. My brother's stink started rubbing on me a bit because my wife started looking at me in a su ious way and went into the hypotheticals And let me tell you how far she went. I don't know about phones. My wife got my phone and somehow synced my GPS location on Google Plus to her phone so she could see where I was on Google maps all the time. It was like a tracking device and I had no in idea for months. So whenever I went out alone and she called and asked where I was she would know if I was lying or not. Luckily I'm a good man so I was where I said I was. She finally got the guilty conscience and told me about it
    I wont even judge. Wives will look through your phone,email etc. Because even you are not a cheater, chances are she knows someone; her ex, brother, cousin etc was/is and so they will check. Plus, lots of women are insecure so they check not hoping to find anything but praying that they don't ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    damn, is this true? Good thing you didnt slip my man.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I wont even judge. Wives will look through your phone,email etc. Because even you are not a cheater, chances are she knows someone; her ex, brother, cousin etc was/is and so they will check. Plus, lots of women are insecure so they check not hoping to find anything but praying that they don't ...
    Bull , they have no ing right. Whats the point of trust if your constantly mind ing yourself?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    damn, is this true? Good thing you didnt slip my man.
    Yep, if any would-be players out there have a Samsung Galaxy you better go in the Google Plus app and check to see if your location sharing is turned on and see who it's shared with. I'm pretty sure my brother's current girlfriend has his rigged so he's on trial right now and doesn't know it

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Bull , they have no ing right. Whats the point of trust if your constantly mind ing yourself?
    When I found out I was being spied on I should have been angry but I wasn't. I laughed it off and she felt really guilty about it anyway.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I ain't no different than the loyal opposition. They attack Lakers/Kobe like a broken record. I attack Spurs/Duncan like a broken record. (They) just don't want to take it. They only want to dish it.
    If you're fine with your sad state of affairs, what do I care, then.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Detroit is still a sizable market today. It's TV market is only slightly smaller than Houston's. The city has declined but the area has remaineed stable.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget Robert Horry.
    Horry was a role player, like Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The importance of repeating: You have to make the playoffs first.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    When I found out I was being spied on I should have been angry but I wasn't. I laughed it off and she felt really guilty about it anyway.
    On the iphone there's an app that's basically the same thing, but i have it for my buddies when we are out at and , just in case someone dies we can track the body. But to use it to see if someone is cheating thats some trust issues tbh.. Your a bigger man my friend.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The importance of repeating: You have to make the playoffs first.
    What is your opinion on why they could never get it done. Is it because pop is really easy to out coach?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horry was a role player, like Kobe.
    Boiled down...

Big Shot Bob: 7

The Tired Old bag Bryant: 5

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Boiled down...

Big Shot Bob: 7

The Tired Old bag Bryant: 5
    Boil down the repeats for me chrissy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe not going the playoffs 2 seasons in a row was a dandy of a repeat amirite?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My mistake, Kobe managed to threepeat not going to the playoffs

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My mistake, Kobe managed to threepeat not going to the playoffs

Must really sting that your deflecting this hard. This is what upsets me at Spur fan , can never admit they are wrong.

Boiled down

Kobe 2x Repeats
    Spurs 0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is your opinion on why they could never get it done. Is it because pop is really easy to out coach?
    I'm O_V, nice to meet you.

If Pop doesn't bench both of his centers in the 2006 playoffs, the Spurs walk to a threepeat. I've only said that maybe a thousand times on this message board in the last decade.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm O_V, nice to meet you.

If Pop doesn't bench both of his centers in the 2006 playoffs, the Spurs walk to a threepeat. I've only said that maybe a thousand times on this message board in the last decade.

i dont go upstairs its forbidden, so i wouldnt know how you felt tbh. So we can agree he ed up then?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i dont go upstairs its forbidden, so i wouldnt know how you felt tbh. So we can agree he ed up then?
    Yep. Most tragic three-pointer in the history of the team. By the end of that series, Horry was starting, Oberto was getting backup minutes, and Duncan couldn't stay out of foul trouble. People blame Manu for fouling Dirk, but don't question why a a shooting guard was guarding a 4 at the end of a game.

To this day, in blowout games, I root for the Spurs to just dribble out the ing shot clock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, I'm pretty sure that Popovich actually bad mouthed Nazr to someone in the press after that game. It wasn't a joke, and he didn't think it was funny.

Thread Information