Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yep. Most tragic three-pointer in the history of the team. By the end of that series, Horry was starting, Oberto was getting backup minutes, and Duncan couldn't stay out of foul trouble. People blame Manu for fouling Dirk, but don't question why a a shooting guard was guarding a 4 at the end of a game.

To this day, in blowout games, I root for the Spurs to just dribble out the ing shot clock.
    Cant win them all my dude.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cant win them all my dude.
    If you actually believe that, maybe you can shut the up about repeating.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    You cant repeat if youre never dominant.

The Spurs won championships on the tail ends of Bulls/Lakers/Heat dynasties.

05 was a transition year and they were the third best team in 07.

They get kudos for consistency and luck but you have to be dominant to repeat. They closest they got was winning one game against the Lakers in 2008.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Repeating" is arbitrary. It just means you won two championships, and they happened to be in consecutive years. It's no more impressive than winning 2 les in 3 years - or in the Spurs' case, 3 in 5.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

They get kudos for consistency and luck but you have to be dominant to repeat. They closest they got was winning one game against the Lakers in 2008.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If you actually believe that, maybe you can shut the up about repeating.
    I dont

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    begging again.. Smh
    Hes just trying to get even because he's obsessed with me. You should see how many of my "mentions" are strictly from CN. Its kind of creepy.

Ive hurt him too badly.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Yep. Most tragic three-pointer in the history of the team. By the end of that series, Horry was starting, Oberto was getting backup minutes, and Duncan couldn't stay out of foul trouble. People blame Manu for fouling Dirk, but don't question why a a shooting guard was guarding a 4 at the end of a game.

To this day, in blowout games, I root for the Spurs to just dribble out the ing shot clock.
    What's the story behind that? Did Nazr get put in the doghouse for the rest of the playoffs for shooting a garbage time shot?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Suns have repeated. They are zero and always, not even one year of missing that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the story behind that? Did Nazr get put in the doghouse for the rest of the playoffs for shooting a garbage time shot?
    Yes pretty much. His minutes started to decline through out the Kings series and after game 1 of the Mavs series Pop decided not to play him at all. Instead the Spurs played this re ed small ball line up of Parker,Manu,Finley,Bowen,Duncan for that whole entire series.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Suns have repeated. They are zero and always, not even one year of missing that.
    Dont get mad at me. Its not my fault the Spurs went 0-5.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    "Repeating" is arbitrary. It just means you won two championships, and they happened to be in consecutive years. It's no more impressive than winning 2 les in 3 years - or in the Spurs' case, 3 in 5.
    Actually it is. Everyone is gunning for you after you win the le and if you snuck up on people the le year, you won't the second year. So it matters. The only time the Spurs so much as made the conference finals after a le year was in 2008, otherwise, they've won a combined 4 playoff series in the years after their le runs, including 2 first round exits.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Actually it is. Everyone is gunning for you after you win the le and if you snuck up on people the le year, you won't the second year. So it matters. The only time the Spurs so much as made the conference finals after a le year was in 2008, otherwise, they've won a combined 4 playoff series in the years after their le runs, including 2 first round exits.
    Damn

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How convienent ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that

5 rings gots

Dacos
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The only thing Jim repeated was getting cucked twice. Once by his wife and once by his financial advisor

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The only thing Jim repeated was getting cucked twice. Once by his wife and once by his financial advisor
    i guess I was wrong , Jim repeated as a cuck. Lucky you spur fan , you are off the hook.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mother ers sound like a bunch of Cowboys fans who still obsess about how great they were in the 90's.

mah Acheman
    mah Emmet
    mah trofees

That and career losers like dsf who downplay the Spurs accomplishments because there's not enough mouthwash on the planet to get the taste of that silver and black out of his mouth.

Is repeating a tough? Sure. Does it deserve some level of recognition? Indeed it does. But just like that Cowboys fan who thinks his les 20 years ago matter more than any other championship ever achieved, it's not on some grand pedestal above every other championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me, if the team is relatively healthy. repeating has most to to with coaching. And Pop is a master over thinker. Just look at the nonsense clip about the Nazr 3.

That's why Phil >>> Pop.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Christ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terrible argument, the only big market team is LA on that list. Maybe Miami as of late, but its really NY and LA, Chicago hasn't signed 1 bigtime FA since the MJ days. Maybe Pau, but even he was past his prime and on the decline. Since the CBA has changed the spurs rang and failed to repeat, while the playing field is leveled.
    Miami signed Lebron and Bosh, Chicago traded for Rodman and kept Jordan throughout despite his clashes with management, LA signed Shaq and got MVPau, Celtics got their repeats in the 60s.

The playing field is not level and never will. State taxes, and most importantly endorsement opportunities will always be a factor.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Yes pretty much. His minutes started to decline through out the Kings series and after game 1 of the Mavs series Pop decided not to play him at all. Instead the Spurs played this re ed small ball line up of Parker,Manu,Finley,Bowen,Duncan for that whole entire series.
    Wow, that's in stupid lol. So basically Pop put himself over the team because a player shot a three in garbage time? I still remember Spurs fans begging to get Nazr in the games during the Mavs series because the idiotic small ball lineup was killing them. I think other coaches would have "gotten over themselves" and played the personnel to win rather than hold onto grudges.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Miami signed Lebron and Bosh, Chicago traded for Rodman and kept Jordan throughout despite his clashes with management, LA signed Shaq and got MVPau, Celtics got their repeats in the 60s.

The playing field is not level and never will. State taxes, and most importantly endorsement opportunities will always be a factor.
    Let's not act like Rodman was some prized possession back then The man was a headcase and the Spurs practically gave him away for a bag of chips because no other teams were going to put up with his . The Bulls needed an inside presence in a big-man heavy league and took their chances. Phil let Rodman be Rodman with his bull but still got what he needed out of him to get championships.

Thread Information