Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What up yall. I'm going to see a concert at the 360 Amphitheater. I've been to sixth st. a few times but I don't find my self visiting Austin much and am out of touch on the cool places to stay and visit. Ill only be there 2 nights and I can afford $300 a night so budget shouldn't be an issue. Should I stay near the theater? Or is Sixth street still the place to be? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That venue is far out of the way, there are newer hotels nearby but they are pretty much in an industrial area. If you really want to party it would probably be better to stay nearer the clubs and Uber to the venue. Worst music venue I've ever been to btw.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That venue is far out of the way, there are newer hotels nearby but they are pretty much in an industrial area. If you really want to party it would probably be better to stay nearer the clubs and Uber to the venue. Worst music venue I've ever been to btw.
    Yeah I looked at google maps and it seemed far away from downtown.I think Ill stay in town and Uber to the concert like you said. As for the venue I saw the reviews are mixed. It seems like they may have gotten better though. I have good tickets and its a concert Im excited for so as long as the sound is good Ill be happy. What can you say about smokers and vapers at this location? Ive been to concerts at sunken gardens theater and people were smoking joints freely without concern. I have friends that are going that will want to enjoy themselves without worrying about getting tackled by security.
    Last edited by RGMCSE; 06-21-2016 at 10:23 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The W

Fame is a trick. The Great Fantastic's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Uber and Lyft are not available in Austin. Good luck with a cab company, they are not dependable.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

This looks pretty nice man. Is this in the middle of the strip? Looks like it has some nice dark spaces for setting the mood and enjoying some drinks. Anything in particular that you really like about this place?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Uber and Lyft are not available in Austin. Good luck with a cab company, they are not dependable.
    You gotta be ing kidding me dude??? How the does Austin not have Lyft or Uber? Im going to get a hotel that offers a shuttle then.

Fame is a trick. The Great Fantastic's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's a recent development. Another case of a city upholding restrictions on ride sharing and the companies refusing to suc b. They'll come to an agreement at some point, but right now you're screwed.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's a recent development. Another case of a city upholding restrictions on ride sharing and the companies refusing to suc b. They'll come to an agreement at some point, but right now you're screwed.

Ahh ok well that sucks. Hopefully they figure it out soon. I have some time before the concert. Either way I'll make alternate plans for transportation.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    There is another ride company trying to make inroads but I'm not sure how it's working out.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    There is another ride company trying to make inroads but I'm not sure how it's working out.
    the austin police are wasting time and money running stings on that ride service that runs through facebook. :facepalm

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    the austin police are wasting time and money running stings on that ride service that runs through facebook. :facepalm
    So I guess it's one or more of these:

Fare
    Getme
    Ride

I can't remember which one I used but it was okay. Got to where I needed to be cheaper than a taxi. Travel too much and I lose track of which airports and such let them pick you up where etc,..

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    from what i have seen, getme was about twice as expensive as uber/lyft so i just drove myself :/

2nd Verse Same as the 1st Oh, Gee!!'s Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Which concert?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The Dildonics

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Damn dog, good for you...

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah I looked at google maps and it seemed far away from downtown.I think Ill stay in town and Uber to the concert like you said. As for the venue I saw the reviews are mixed. It seems like they may have gotten better though. I have good tickets and its a concert Im excited for so as long as the sound is good Ill be happy. What can you say about smokers and vapers at this location? Ive been to concerts at sunken gardens theater and people were smoking joints freely without concern. I have friends that are going that will want to enjoy themselves without worrying about getting tackled by security.
    Plenty of people smoking/vaping the couple of times I've been there. And people smoking weed discreetly didn't seem to get bothered by anyone. I didn't think the venue was horrible other than the fact that it is literally way out in the middle of nowhere.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This looks pretty nice man. Is this in the middle of the strip? Looks like it has some nice dark spaces for setting the mood and enjoying some drinks. Anything in particular that you really like about this place?
    Cool scene, if budget isn't an issue.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hey isn't that the band xmas1997 started with Mouse and that wannabe cop whose name I forgot?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Hey isn't that the band xmas1997 started with Mouse and that wannabe cop whose name I forgot?
    Yeah, the fake cop carried around a night stick that was in the shape of a... well you know.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Damn dog, good for you...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Plenty of people smoking/vaping the couple of times I've been there. And people smoking weed discreetly didn't seem to get bothered by anyone. I didn't think the venue was horrible other than the fact that it is literally way out in the middle of nowhere.
    Sounds good, Thanks for the info!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Cool scene, if budget isn't an issue.
    From everything I've seen so far I really like the W. I'll more than likely be booking this place soon. Thanks for the info!

2nd Verse Same as the 1st Oh, Gee!!'s Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I liked them before they became popular

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I liked them before they became popular
    LMAO