San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    High Court: MPs get a vote on Article 50

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/polit...-a3386056.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing development, could reverse the disaster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supreme Court could reverse it. If they let it stand and MPs reverse Brexit, could be problematic for Parliament.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    52-48 wasn't even close

Will the entrenched power vote against the will of the people?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    52-48 wasn't even close

Will the entrenched power vote against the will of the people?
    Brexit assholes say they emulated Repugs, lie, lie, lie, lie, emotion, emotion, emotion, emotion, bull , xenophobia, racism, hide the negative consequences. People who voted to leave didn't even know what was going on. The racists in their intensit ed the campaign. Most people didn't give a , didn't bother to vote.

iow, EXACTLY like the Repugs: their only hope is low turnout and ignorance.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like UK xenophobes are as unprepared for brexit as Trash is to run the White House

UK Government Has No Overall Plan For Brexit, Leaked Memo Says

Britain has no overall plan for Brexit and the strategy for leaving the European Union might not be agreed for six months due to divisions in Prime Minister Theresa May’s government, according to a leaked memo seen by the BBC and The Times.

The leaked do ent, prepared for the Cabinet Office by a consultant, said government departments were working on more than 500 Brexit-related projects and might require an additional 30,000 civil servants.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...m_term=Reuters

But of course, the Brits love to scorn themselves as a country that just "muddles through" everything.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 05-07-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brit John Oliver explains BREXIT to you ignorant, rightwing, Pootin-fellatin assholes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyVz...ature=youtu.be

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Britain has painted itself into a corner. It's unready to deal with trade, unready to deal with customs and border issues, and unprepared for the hit to financial services.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...michel-barnier

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a total mess.

They really don’t want to follow thru with what they voted for. It’s become a political football instead of the nation actually trying to come up with a plan. It’s way complicated and gonna hurt. There are so many rules concerning passports, workers visas, foreign workers in England/ English workers in foreign countries, banking, currency, on and on... a mess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Theresa May is lost at sea. Tuff talk won't get her through this. The Irish border issue (i.e., the DUP) could blow up her government before any deal can be concluded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when you've lost the Tory Telegraph...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...e-could-seize/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Theresa May is lost at sea. Tuff talk won't get her through this. The Irish border issue (i.e., the DUP) could blow up her government before any deal can be concluded.
    Absolutely. The issue of tugging Ireland along has ramifications not well thought out when the vote was made. Scotland as well being a part of GB and a part of parliament.

Its an absolute mess.
    The Trumpeters applaud the Nationalists.
    But the fix? walk away... pretend it will fix itself just like healthcare.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely. The issue of tugging Ireland along has ramifications not well thought out when the vote was made.
    Nothing was well thought through when the vote was made.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad thing is, the Tories still haven't thought it through. GB will pay a big price for the incompetence of Brexiteers, regardless of whether there's a hard Brexit or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad thing is, the Tories still haven't thought it through. GB will pay a big price for the incompetence of Brexiteers, regardless of whether there's a hard Brexit or not.
    Well I think it makes Chris happy.

Great Britain showed they are not globalists.
    Although I’m not sure if he even understands what globalism means.... I’m not entirely sure either

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Farage admitted he lied about how much UKL per week UK was dumping into the Continent

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...i-admire-putin

well of course he woud do ...

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presente...r-who-accuses/

Brexit is one of Pootin's great victories, right up there with Pootin degrading the USA in the 2016 election, compromising and helping elect Trash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blaming the Russians for DJT, or Brexit, is ludicrous.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The truth will come out about Farage and his Brexit campaign. He's a dirty trickster, like Ailes, Stone, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barnier has said that the UK needs to resolve the Irish border matter by the June negotiating round. The EU will not discuss the future relationship nor will it sort out details of the transition period before that is resolved.

The EU now has no incentives to relent. In fact, Barnier probably did the EU a great disservice. There was no reason to think the UK would be any more willing to accept a sea border as the only solution for Ireland a few months later than it was last December. If the UK is going to wind up subjecting itself to a crash-out Brexit due to its inability to deal with the consequences of its choices, it is better for all parties to know that as soon as possible to allow them to do what they can to minimize damage.

The Government is refusing to acknowledge that it has no answers. Per North’s discussion above, it somehow keeps telling itself and the British public that the EU is extorting the UK and scheming to steal Northern Ireland. The reality is, as we and others have explained ad nauseum, that the UK leaving the internal market means there has to be a hard border somewhere with respect to Ireland. The EU27 was never going to stand for Ireland turning into a route for smuggling non-EU compliant goods into Europe.
    https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2018...isis-nigh.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bull

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    very weak sauce

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    May talking out of both sides of her mouth. UK wants to remain part of the EU system of patents but pretends the UK won't be subject to the ECJ.

First, the prime minister makes public promises which her government then undoes on an almost simultaneous basis. Second, her administration is prepared to leave some of the most dynamic parts of British industry in a swamp of legal uncertainty for years on end. Third, continental standardisation systems are valuable, especially for modern services-based economies, and Britain will try to stay in them wherever possible, regardless of Brexit. Giving up a bit of control, it turns out, has its upsides.

Duplicity, inaction and confusion, amid a self-inflicted economic threat. It sounds like this is the Brexit debate in microcosm. But actually it’s more depressing than that. This is the better end of the Brexit spectrum. The government is ostensibly doing the right thing. The fact it has to do so very quietly, while ignoring existing legal reality, shows how badly our political climate has deteriorated.
    https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/p...oves-you-wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EU starts trade talks with New Zealand and Australia:

….the announcement from Brussels opens up the possibility that the EU could enjoy better terms with the two Commonwealth nations after Brexit than the UK will…

The international trade secretary, Liam Fox, had recently spoken of “reinvigorating” the Commonwealth partnership with a host of trade deals after Brexit, labelled “empire 2.0” by sceptical Whitehall officials.

But the UK will not be able to start its negotiations over future trade with New Zealand and Australia until 30 March 2019. The European commission president, Jean-Claude Juncker, has vowed to complete the EU’s talks with the two countries by 31 October of that year, when his time in office expires
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...t-commonwealth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And when we see the EU showboating with the announcement of trade talks with Australia and New Zealand – that could give it better terms than we could achieve – we have to recognise that the free-trade ambitions of the “Brexiteers” are as empty as their rhetoric.

Thread Information