Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is really becoming quite tedious.

UK will leave the EU imo but the terms are just not clear.

Visit, the dollar goes a long way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donald Trump, the US Private Health Giant, and Top NHS Officials—Special Relationships?

US private healthcare firm Optum has been ‘planting seeds’ in the English NHS for a decade, new research exposes.

In the UK, we have a simple take on

the US healthcare system as a for-profit, private system that fleeces its customers and fails the poor.

But here’s the secret: the US has its own ‘mini NHS’.

Smaller than the UK’s system, but still a government funded, (mostly) publicly-run

system that serves people according to their need. It’s called the Veterans Health Administration (VHA).

And Donald Trump wants to privatise it.

What’s more, to set the reforms in motion,

the firm that’s been
    appointed to create and expand new private networks within the Veterans health system is Optum, the profitable ‘healthcare services’ arm of America’s biggest private health insurer, UnitedHealth Group.

Optum and UnitedHealth are familiar names to anyone who has been following

the silent takeover of the NHS by private healthcare firms in recent years,

though aspects of their involvement are fully exposed here for the first time.

Health privatisation, US-style—sounds familiar?

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/12/05/donald-trump-us-private-health-giant-and-top-nhs-officials-special-relationships?cd-origin=rss

Predatory, extractive Capitalism

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brexit may already have cost the UK more than the sum of its payments to the EU/EEC over 47 years.

https://amp.businessinsider.com/brex...s-to-eu-2020-1

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brexit may already have cost the UK more than the sum of its payments to the EU/EEC over 47 years.

https://amp.businessinsider.com/brex...s-to-eu-2020-1
    and the Farage/BoJo/lie, postered on the sides of big ass buses, was that EU costs UK 100K pounds / week.

Pootin racist stooge Farage admitted it was all a lie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BoJo's epic, own-goaling Brexit: a humorous Twitter thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no deal flameout in progress

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From 1 January, Northern Ireland will stay in the EU single market for goods but the rest of the UK will leave.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-54984158

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Belgium, France and the Netherlands have asked the European Commission to step up its contingency planning for a no-deal Brexit, Belgian Prime Minister Alexander De Croo told reporters.

According to De Croo, EU leaders were given a brief state of play of the Brexit negotiations during their video summit on Thursday. The Brexit talks were suspended at the chief negotiator level earlier in the day after an EU negotiator tested positive for coronavirus.

"We can't keep hoping for a good outcome," De Croo told reporters. "There might be one, but hoping alone is not enough. We have to start our contingency planning. [French President Emmanuel] Macron and [Dutch PM Mark] Rutte have made similar statements."
    https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-c...-preparations/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what to panic buy in the UK

The U.K. imports 40% of its food and 30% of that comes from Europe (up from 25% two decades ago). Government do ents leaked to Sky News suggest that the first two weeks could be the most problematic.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexled...h=445158595e88

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The UK is becoming "little England" with a swiftness. This EU decision is the point of an economic spear.

The City of London’s unfettered access to the European Union, its biggest customer, ends when the Brexit transition arrangements expire, and Brussels wants trading in euro-denominated derivatives to remain within its jurisdiction or in a country with “equivalent” standards to the bloc.

The Paris-based European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) on Wednesday confirmed that from Jan. 1 EU investors would have to use a swaps platform inside the bloc, or based in a non-EU country such as the United States that has already been granted “equivalence” or permission.

This means that branches of EU banks in London will face conflicting EU and British requirements on where to trade derivatives.
    The City of London touts itself as the go-to location globally for trading derivatives - the life blood of financial markets, allowing investors to bet on a swathe of assets and hedge risk.

“The decision is a starting gun for a fight between the UK and the EU for the location of international derivatives trading in Europe,” said Michael McKee, a financial services lawyer at DLA Piper law firm, adding that France and Germany hoped to pick up the spoils.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-b...-idUKKBN2850SR

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The New York-London air corridor may switch to another European capitol under Biden. Huge L for the UK if that happens.

London aviation chiefs are in a race against time to secure an air corridor to New York amid growing fears that the incoming Biden team will favour Dublin.

Hopes that negotiations with the Trump administration will lead to the reopening of travel between Heathrow and JFK — the so-called Project Nylon — before the presidential handover on January 20 are rapidly fading, according to aviation sources.

New York to London is the busiest intercontinental route with huge importance for the financial services sector of the City and other service industries based in the capital.
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/j...in-b79220.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Northen Ireland border issues not sorted.

Prediction: Ireland will be unified and Scotland will be independent within 10 years. Maybe Wales too.

This Bill makes it very clear – if it wasn’t before – that although Northern Ireland is officially in the UK’s customs territory, Union customs legislation will have an effect in the region. Furthermore, customs legislation ‘can apply in relation to the movement of goods, people, and vehicles’ across the Irish Sea. This means, in principle, that EU tariffs could be collected on goods moving from Britain into Northern Ireland.
    https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2020/...is-not-sorted/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BoJo is a walking bollocks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Northen Ireland border issues not sorted.

Prediction: Ireland will be unified and Scotland will be independent within 10 years. Maybe Wales too.

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2020/...is-not-sorted/
    Didn’t NI vote to leave the EU? And wouldn’t Scotland then have to worry about a hard border with England if it became independent?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t NI vote to leave the EU? And wouldn’t Scotland then have to worry about a hard border with England if it became independent?
    It's been long time since the referendum and the Tories have been screwing Brexit up royally. It's a terrible deal for the UK in a thousand dimensions.

The UK faces food and medicine insecurity, more unfavorable trade terms with the whole world, more difficulty traveling to/from the UK (e.g., because of licensing issues, the US might decide to designate Dublin the European hub for air travel) and the prospect of widespread economic destruction. All make being an EU country geographically adjacent to England and Ireland rich with possibilities for economic tourism and smuggling.

If there are advantages for Northern Ireland and Scotland remaining in the UK I'd like hear about it, they are increasingly hard to detect.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 12-13-2020 at 12:47 PM.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Populism -- who knew?

Oh yeah, everyone but the populists.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Racist conservative Farage and his lies, and UK businessman with Russian wife, really screwed up the UK and Europe. Pootin is loving it.

Dublin's airport doesn't have the hub capacity of Frankfort or Paris.

Awesome UK stupidity that will cost them $10Bs for years and 100Ks of jobs.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Money is the least of England's problems. They have a knife and acid attack epidemic for one. Their government censored child gang rape rings on the grounds of racism. Oh and they are being replaced within their own borders by the 3rd World.

But sure their inability to buy stuff is the big British rallying cry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Money is the least of the England's problems. They have a knife and acid attack epidemic for one. Their government censored child gang rape rings on the grounds of racism. Oh and they are being replaced within their own borders by the 3rd World.

Very high price to keep immigrants out, food and medicine are very important commodities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (Frost King has suc bed completely to tabloid inspired moral panics.)

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Money is the least of England's problems. They have a knife and acid attack epidemic for one. Their government censored child gang rape rings on the grounds of racism. Oh and they are being replaced within their own borders by the 3rd World.

you'll believe literally anything

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Very high price to keep immigrants out, food and medicine are very important commodities.
    England didn't want to be controlled by unelected bureaucrats from the EU. This continues to be a growing concern from remaining members.

Rewind to 2015. The Germans were again social engineering and England had flashbacks.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Ya ya ya. Crazy to think people actually have heritage and ideals that they value over $$$. Crazy concept for Americans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Polish people are so easy to deceive and surprise, just look at what the german did in 1939. Sad.

Thread Information