Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Growing up in Cleveland, Pollacks were equated with re s*. Like, a slur.

*Anecdotal

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    England didn't want to be controlled by unelected bureaucrats from the EU. This continues to be a growing concern from remaining members.

Rewind to 2015. The Germans were again social engineering and England had flashbacks.
    Is Poland in the EU?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Polish people are so easy to deceive and surprise, just look at what the german did in 1939. Sad.
    Huh. We were abandoned by our allies in the West, who promised to counter-attack. War likely would have stopped at that point.

Your post illustrates the dangers of being in the EU.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 12-13-2020 at 02:52 PM.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Growing up in Cleveland, Pollacks were equated with re s*. Like, a slur.

*Anecdotal

I remember pollock jokes. That is why I refute the theory of white privilege. We faced discrimination.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been long time since the referendum and the Tories have been screwing Brexit up royally. It's a terrible deal for the UK in a thousand dimensions.

The UK faces food and medicine insecurity, more unfavorable trade terms with the whole world, more difficulty traveling to/from the UK (e.g., because of licensing issues, the US might decide to designate Dublin the European hub for air travel) and the prospect of widespread economic destruction. All make being an EU country geographically adjacent to England and Ireland rich with possibilities for economic tourism and smuggling.

If there are advantages for Northern Ireland and Scotland remaining in the UK I'd like hear about it, they are increasingly hard to detect.
    There are both pros and cons that I can see and whether the possibilities, both good and bad, are realized will go along way in determining Brexit's success or lack of it. I don't think I can judge how it's really going to workout without at least 5-10 years of seeing how it plays out. Of course next year is going to be the year of maximum disruption though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Money is the least of England's problems. They have a knife and acid attack epidemic for one. Their government censored child gang rape rings on the grounds of racism. Oh and they are being replaced within their own borders by the 3rd World.

But sure their inability to buy stuff is the big British rallying cry.
    I live in the UK. You are so mistaken that I don't even know where to begin - this is the problem with misinformation, you're drinking it in by the gallon from a fire hose without bothering to verify anything

I'll just leave you with this thought. Since the Brexit vote in 2016, net migration from the EU has fallen steeply, whereas net migration from outside the EU has risen sharply. In 2019, net migration from the EU was +49k, and from outside the EU was +282k. The people who voted for Brexit have been conned mightily

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Is Poland in the EU?
    Haven't we already done this dance about the EU?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    There are both pros and cons that I can see and whether the possibilities, both good and bad, are realized will go along way in determining Brexit's success or lack of it. I don't think I can judge how it's really going to workout without at least 5-10 years of seeing how it plays out. Of course next year is going to be the year of maximum disruption though.
    The decision was for long game. Under the prediction that the EU will increase in inner conflict (while adding more economically struggling members) and eventually split up anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t NI vote to leave the EU? And wouldn’t Scotland then have to worry about a hard border with England if it became independent?
    NI voted to stay, as did Scotland. England and Wales voted to leave. Overall the UK voted 52:48 for an undefined alternative to EU membership

It's like asking whether you like chocolate ice cream or some other flavor. "Some other flavor" won 52-48 ... But some people wanted vanilla, others strawberry, and some people didn't like ice cream at all but wanted to send a message to politicians

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I live in the UK. You are so mistaken that I don't even know where to begin - this is the problem with misinformation, you're drinking it in by the gallon from a fire hose without bothering to verify anything

I'll just leave you with this thought. Since the Brexit vote in 2016, net migration from the EU has fallen steeply, whereas net migration from outside the EU has risen sharply. In 2019, net migration from the EU was +49k, and from outside the EU was +282k. The people who voted for Brexit have been conned mightily
    I am mistaken stating British people didn't want to be controlled by unelected bureaucrats? What in England's long history ever gave you the idea England wants to be told what to do by mainland Europeans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the pros?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't we already done this dance about the EU?
    Did you fold then too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am mistaken stating British people didn't want to be controlled by unelected bureaucrats?
    You're mistaken. That has happened in England throughout their entire history, being a Kingdom and all. That's just the populist stuff dumb people eat up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're mistaken. That has happened in England throughout their entire history, being a Kingdom and all. That's just the populist stuff dumb people eat up.
    You can't have the King's Peace, the King's army or a stable system of land tenure without the King's bureaucrats. Those three things go back at least 800 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am mistaken stating British people didn't want to be controlled by unelected bureaucrats? What in England's long history ever gave you the idea England wants to be told what to do by mainland Europeans.
    I presume by unelected bureaucrats you mean the European commission, not the European parliament which is elected. Let's look at the numbers: the EC has 32,000 or so employees compared to 430,000 bureaucrats in the UK civil service.

Second, the UK was always at the top table of the EU in shaping policy. Those laws in many cases (including, ironically Article 50 which details the exit process from the EU) were written by Britons. The UK had a veto to oppose certain laws. The UK had rebates which meant they contributes less money than Germany or France. They didn't need to adopt the Euro or the Schengen travel agreement. They took in far fewer refugees than others

We had the best of both worlds but we're conned by charlatans into blaming the EU for every domestic problem (crime, education, health etc)

Brexit leaders and supporters haven't specified one thing that they would do in 2021 after exiting the EU that they could not do before. Not one

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I presume by unelected bureaucrats you mean the European commission, not the European parliament which is elected. Let's look at the numbers: the EC has 32,000 or so employees compared to 430,000 bureaucrats in the UK civil service.

Second, the UK was always at the top table of the EU in shaping policy. Those laws in many cases (including, ironically Article 50 which details the exit process from the EU) were written by Britons. The UK had a veto to oppose certain laws. The UK had rebates which meant they contributes less money than Germany or France. They didn't need to adopt the Euro or the Schengen travel agreement. They took in far fewer refugees than others

We had the best of both worlds but we're conned by charlatans into blaming the EU for every domestic problem (crime, education, health etc)

Brexit leaders and supporters haven't specified one thing that they would do in 2021 after exiting the EU that they could not do before. Not one
    you honestly think a guy that claimed to fly to Poland, but had to turn around because it was closed due the pandemic is capable of generating a single honest and critical thought?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you honestly think a guy that claimed to fly to Poland, but had to turn around because it was closed due the pandemic is capable of generating a single honest and critical thought?
    They always have to lie, and apparently always lie stupidly.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Spending your Sunday gossiping about message board posters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spending your Sunday gossiping about message board posters.
    It's what you posted.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

I respected England's decision but was saddened to see them leave. I will always support a united Europe. My issue with the Union is most of the decisions makers were warmongers (even recently Libya) and/or arms salesman (Germany) that have motives outside of Europe. They want to nation build overseas and EU members have to not only fund it but even import the aftermath.

When I see people discussing globalist and their agenda, there is no greater example today than the EU. I question whether many of these people have Europe and its people's well being as the most important priority.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the pros?
    No annual membership fee, no more contributions to the EURO bailout fund, control over rich fishing waters, control over immigration policies, freedom to negotiate trade deals and set its own standards, etc.

The pro I'm really thinking about is freedom to negotiate trade deals... This will only be a benefit though if the UK can actually negotiate fair trade deals with countries that the EU doesn't have a major trade deal with like the US and if it can get some type of limited trade deal with the EU that doesn't require it to play entires by the EU rules (the so called "level playing field").

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to the below the UK was the second largest net contributor... Germany has a larger economy and frankly it benefits the most from the EU single market because of its massive trade surpluses.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48256318

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to the below the UK was the second largest net contributor... Germany has a larger economy and frankly it benefits the most from the EU single market because of its massive trade surpluses.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48256318
    The number referred to in the article factors in countries receiving the benefit of EU spending projects (e.g. a new community center in a Welsh town) which tend to vary from one year to the next. Here is a breakdown of budget contributions:
    2019: Link
    2014-17: Link

The budget contribution is basically a membership fee both for frictionless trade within the block, and for trade deals with other countries. The UK as a single country will find it hard to improve on the terms that the EU will get as a bloc. Norway, for example is not an EU member, but pays into the EU and stays aligned on regulations to get access to trade.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    However, a recent dispute between Poland and Hungary and the rest of the EU has put the bloc in a "very difficult situation," according to Soros.
    Polska blocking Soros

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID-19: For the first time in its history UNICEF will help feed children in the UK

UNICEF says it is the first time in its 70-year history that it has responded to a UK "domestic emergency".
    https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...he-uk-12163515

Thread Information