Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aka the Belfast, or Good Friday agreement

The loyalist paramilitaries including the Ulster Volunteer Force, Ulster Defence Association and Red Hand Commando said they were concerned about the disruption to trade between Great Britain and Northern Ireland due to the Brexit deal.

“The loyalist groupings are herewith withdrawing their support for the Belfast Agreement,” they said in a March 3 letter to Johnson from Loyalist Communities Council chairman David Campbell.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKCN2AW0K8

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    UK --> Little England

A recent survey found that a majority favoured holding a referendum on unity within the next five years, with 47 percent currently in favour of remaining in the United Kingdom and 42 percent supporting a united Ireland. Among the under-45s, reunification led by 47 to 46.

Sinn Féin leader Mary Lou McDonald has urged governments in Dublin and London to begin serious preparations for the possibility that Northern Ireland leaves the UK in the near future.
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...ears-centenary

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is something the Trump adm. paid little attention to and is a dangerous situation. No push on Boris Johnson to emphasize honoring this. This is where the Trumpsters want us to stay out of other peoples business when we should absolutely be heavily involved.
    For Boris from Biden: No trade agreement with US unless you tell N. Ireland you fully honor the Good Friday agreement and help N. Ireland with the problems caused by Brexit. Clear it up, or we find other trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its also an open invitation to smuggling and organized crime. Maybe England will try to turn NI into a gangster state, to create a pretext for a permanent UK security presence.
    If UK restart "the Troubles"?

They lost Lord Mountbatten, etc

I was sitting in a London restaurant when the IRA set off a bomb a few blocks away.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If UK restart "the Troubles"?

They lost Lord Mountbatten, etc

I was sitting in a London restaurant when the IRA set off a bomb a few blocks away.
    This is real. Only it looks like England would probably stay out and just supply N. Ireland. Ulster and Dublin would get the requisite terror bombings. Thus economic pressure needs to be applied to England like they basically did by doing such a ty job of leaving the EU. “Oh, no problems, N.Ireland and Ireland will work it out now that we also submarined their economic ties to Europe.” Severe poverty in the “Ireland’s” when most of W. Europe was doing well was a huge factor in the troubles. So let’s just give it another go. Let the extremists handle the poverty, that’ll work. It’s worked so well in the ME ... it even brought Sinn Fein and Palestinian bombers close on understanding on how to kill people in crowded areas and become power brokers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is real. Only it looks like England would probably stay out and just supply N. Ireland. Ulster and Dublin would get the requisite terror bombings. Thus economic pressure needs to be applied to England like they basically did by doing such a ty job of leaving the EU. “Oh, no problems, N.Ireland and Ireland will work it out now that we also submarined their economic ties to Europe.” Severe poverty in the “Ireland’s” when most of W. Europe was doing well was a huge factor in the troubles. So let’s just give it another go. Let the extremists handle the poverty, that’ll work. It’s worked so well in the ME ... it even brought Sinn Fein and Palestinian bombers close on understanding on how to kill people in crowded areas and become power brokers.
    OTOH, reunification (and the fragmentation of the UK more generally) may soon be a live possibility.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For Boris from Biden: No trade agreement with US unless you tell N. Ireland you fully honor the Good Friday agreement and help N. Ireland with the problems caused by Brexit. Clear it up, or we find other trade.
    With the EU on the verge of total collapse it's a big mistake for Biden to put the UK trade deal on the back burner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the EU on the verge of total collapse it's a big mistake for Biden to put the UK trade deal on the back burner.
    PRC will collapse, EU will collapse, any other prognostications?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    War in the middle east

EU died in the great recession. It's just dead enders like Biden who think it can be saved.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol one

If you want to make an argument as to how the world stays as is then make it instead of just nuh-uh

Use your words

let's have a conversation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    France? Not that big a deal to us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China/Taiwan war but that ties in with PRC collapse

and the man chosen to lead the world into the most volatile decade since the 40's can't even handle a press conference with friendly journalist's

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    France? Not that big a deal to us.
    the EU isn't a big deal to us. The UK is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the EU isn't a big deal to us. The UK is.
    There's more trade with Germany alone.

Upon what are you basing this?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's more trade with Germany alone.

We don't need trade with either.

What do we need?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What do we need?
    Sorry, you didn't answer the question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol one

If you want to make an argument as to how the world stays as is then make it instead of just nuh-uh

Use your words

let's have a conversation
    I didn't say "nuh uh" and didn say "things will stay the same." I said you've read one book.

Make your own point or continue to wave your hands, it makes no difference to me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say "nuh uh" and didn say "things will stay the same." I said you've read one book.

Make your own point or continue to wave your hands, it makes no difference to me.
    I already did "it's a big mistake for Biden to put the UK trade deal on the back burner"

It made a difference to you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I already did "it's a big mistake for Biden to put the UK trade deal on the back burner"
    Doesn't bother me a bit, but that just looks like wild explanation. You've offered zero information about how or why the EU is going fall apart. You just added another bold speculation based on...

.. who can tell? You've given no clue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    France will leave the EU *for some reason*, therefore Biden should prioritize a rapidly deteriorating UK.

The EU has been a zombie for 13 years, based on *you say so*

There will be a war over Taiwan that will cause PRC to implode *because SnakeBoy says so*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What do we need?
    Answer your own question.

What do we need?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It made a difference to you
    Doesn't bother me a bit, but that just looks like wild explanation. You've offered zero information about how or why the EU is going fall apart. You just added another bold speculation based on...

.. who can tell? You've given no clue.
    France will leave the EU *for some reason*, therefore Biden should prioritize a rapidly deteriorating UK.

The EU has been a zombie for 13 years, based on *you say so*

There will be a war over Taiwan that will cause PRC to implode *because SnakeBoy says so*

it makes no difference to me.

Thread Information