Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dammit man, you just had to say something I agree with.

Stop that.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    anybody want to give me a decent tl;dr?
    “Brexit Cliff Notes”.

European Union consists of many countries…Hard working productive folks from Germany & the UK constantly prop up less productive nations like Portugal & Greece…The EU has increased the wealth & strengthened the buying power of the upper middle class & the wealthy…The lower working middle class has been left behind…With open borders the lower working middle class competes with cheap labor not to mention higher crime due to the type of folks that can come & go as they please…Working folk would like to take their country back, have borders & strong vetting for immigrants….This scares the wealthy & now that “Brexit” has passed they will do their best to dog pile misery on the working lower middle class…

Shocking to me that nobody here can see the point of view of “Brexit Voters”.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Brexit Cliff Notes”.

European Union consists of many countries…Hard working productive folks from Germany & the UK constantly prop up less productive nations like Portugal & Greece…The EU has increased the wealth & strengthened the buying power of the upper middle class & the wealthy…The lower working middle class has been left behind…With open borders the lower working middle class competes with cheap labor not to mention higher crime due to the type of folks that can come & go as they please…Working folk would like to take their country back, have borders & strong vetting for immigrants….This scares the wealthy & now that “Brexit” has passed they will do their best to dog pile misery on the working lower middle class…

probably because it sounds very trump-ian

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    on the plus side, snobbish brits can no longer call americans dumb in comment sections

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    on the plus side, snobbish brits can no longer call americans dumb in comment sections
    As long as people like Ted Cruz, Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann and Scott Walker still receive significant support in the US, I can, and I will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as people like Ted Cruz, Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann and Scott Walker still receive significant support in the US, I can, and I will.
    if half the US secedes (again), you have that right

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Brexit Cliff Notes”.

Prop up...
    Prop up...

The ordinary people in Greece are in dire . They have been for at least two solid years. Now before they got called out they took liberties. But it was not all the working class, it was mostly the rich connected guys that cheated on taxes etc...
    Get real. What pushed this vote over the top was the immigration blame game. The countries in the EU in trouble got slammed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And stop sending drunken fool football fans to countries that have just had terror attacks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stupid cliffjumpers thinking this is the end of the world

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Brexit Cliff Notes”.

European Union consists of many countries…Hard working productive folks from Germany & the UK constantly prop up less productive nations like Portugal & Greece…The EU has increased the wealth & strengthened the buying power of the upper middle class & the wealthy…The lower working middle class has been left behind…With open borders the lower working middle class competes with cheap labor not to mention higher crime due to the type of folks that can come & go as they please…Working folk would like to take their country back, have borders & strong vetting for immigrants….This scares the wealthy & now dthat “Brexit” has passed they will do their best to dog pile misery on the working lower middle class…

o Donald...

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    With the money Germany as given to bail out the EU they got to be very pissed at Brexit...

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...im-was-mistake

As Britain awoke on Friday to the news that it had voted in favor of withdrawing from the European Union, voters were introduced to their new reality with a stunning admission from Nigel Farage, the pro-Brexit advocate who leads the U.K. Independence Party. Farage said that the Vote Leave campaign's signature pledge—that leaving the European Union would allow for £350 million to be spent on the U.K.'s National Health Service—was a "mistake."

Farage's mea culpa was made during an appearance on Good Morning Britain, where he was asked if he could continue supporting that promise after the campaign to extract the United Kingdom from the European Union had succeeded.

"No I can't, and I would have never made that claim," Farage said. "It was one of the mistakes I think the 'leave' campaign made"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stupid cliffjumpers thinking this is the end of the world
    s about to get real Putin blowhard claiming he sees posts forecasting the end of the world... Where?

All this is going to do is hurt the EU and Britain economically. They just presented a case they will cut of trade to each other. So they all get poorer. It's stupid.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "renegotiate every trade agreement for the benefit of the county" - Donald Trump

The world is following suit. GOAT tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This sounds like denial to me.

Their market is plummeting. Already down something like 12%.
    I guess you missed the "initial turmoil" part. The EU is ed. They can try to punish the UK with bad trade deals which will hurt them just as much as the UK and further weaken the EU. Or they can negotiate favorable trade deals with the UK and prove that there is no downside to leaving the EU.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Hold this L, lib s. Turns out nobody with a brain in their head wants open borders no matter how hard you guys try to shove it down everyone's throats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This doesn't mean all trade wil stop. Actually most wont
    You're right, and in order to continue that trade, Britain will still be subject to the same regulations, only it'll cost more now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is like the Memphis Grizzlies of politicians

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is like the Memphis Grizzlies of politicians
    Yup only severe injuries or death can stop him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right, and in order to continue that trade, Britain will still be subject to the same regulations, only it'll cost more now
    They will renegotiate the trades on their terms and for the benefit of their people and not the corrupt political elite. Just like Trump will. Good for them.

And if EU doesn't like the deal they can go themselves. Britain like the US will just find otherttade partners.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why don't you back your up and show where I said that?

Since you brought it up, however, they are all contributing factors to the ultimate domino effect. The strong EU economies are getting drug down by the weak economies. At some point the citizens of Germany and France are going to say "enough".
    Funny you mention "domino effect"... more hilarious, you posted this pretty much exactly 5 years ago:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181816

Don't forget to warn us again in 2021 how the "EU is going to implode in the next 5 years", due to the "domino effect" of some crisis du jour...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup only severe injuries or death can stop him
    They were pretty healthy when Parker shoved that broomstick up their ass tbh

Thread Information