Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny you mention "domino effect"... more hilarious, you posted this pretty much exactly 5 years ago:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181816

Don't forget to warn us again in 2021 how the "EU is going to implode in the next 5 years", due to the "domino effect" of some crisis du jour...

Damn, EN going IN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny you mention "domino effect"... more hilarious, you posted this pretty much exactly 5 years ago:

Don't forget to warn us again in 2021 how the "EU is going to implode in the next 5 years", due to the "domino effect" of some crisis du jour...
    Dammit man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Throw the damn towel

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude...I posted an article about the EU. I didn't write it.

That being said...I do think that the people in Germany and France are going to get tired of supporting the weak EU members forever.

If you think differently thats fine too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That being said...I do think that the people in Germany and France are going to get tired of supporting the weak EU members forever.

You're 100% misguided. Germany makes out like a bandit because of the EU and the single currency zone. If the other poorer European countries were not in the Eurozone, they could devalue their respective currencies and make their exports more compe ive. If these countries were not in the EU, they would not have to conform to regulations designed primarily by Germany and the richer European nations.

As it stands, Germany runs a massive trade surplus with the rest of the EU. Its exporters will continue to dominate Europe. There is little chance for a Greek or Portuguese company to compete without the ability for these countries to devalue their currency and/or cut regulation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So you're saying that 5 years ago CC predicted an EU domino would fall in the next 5 years and it didn't happen yesterday?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "3. Yes, Donald Trump Is Ecstatic -- For Now

There are two lines of thoughts on this:

The first is to note this data point, reported by Politico:

“66% people who left school at 16 voted for Leave.

71% of those with university degrees voted to Remain.”

Hence, if the U.S. has a similar proportion of more educated versus less educated, and they vote in similar ways as the Brits just did, it could benefit Trump.

The second involves a bit of reflexivity: If Brexit turns out to be the disaster it looks like it will be, and people come to understand that foolish actions have consequences, then the result could be a move against someone who is seen as a chaos candidate."

http://www.bloomberg.com/view/articl...the-u-k-s-vote

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm so happy you Pozz'd hebrew cornhole lickers are so mad and dower.

No one wants to become a caliphate and a for goldman sachs, except for third world leftist, parasites, and crypto heebs like croutons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're saying that 5 years ago CC predicted an EU domino would fall in the next 5 years and it didn't happen yesterday?
    The demise of the EU has been predicted (and to be fair, by more than just CC) since basically it was created. Every time there's some sort of crisis, back come the naysayers with more predictions, that, generally speaking, are really unfounded.

A hard look at the EU since it's inception shows a very strong group of countries reaping the benefits of strength in numbers, which is what trading blocks are all about. It's clear this goes against certain dogma of pseudo-"economic freedom", but the reality is that we live in a world where that dogma doesn't really exists, and for the most part, hasn't existed for decades now.

Every time there's a crisis, suddenly "it's the beginning of the end" and the "first domino to fall" for the EU, but it's based on basically wishful thinking more than anything concrete.

It's about time the naysayers actually acknowledge the EU has been a very resilient group and they've been factually wrong for a long time. I suppose one day they might be right, but the prediction have been nothing but hubris, and there's no reason to think this isn't more of the same. It's easy to drop the "Well, it doesn't matter because the EU will be done within 5 years anyways". I guess it's harder to admit you already played that card and you were wrong.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm so happy you Pozz'd hebrew cornhole lickers are so mad and dower.

No one wants to become a caliphate and a for goldman sachs, except for third world leftist, parasites, and crypto heebs like croutons.
    ... spoke nlike a true, low-wage, low-info, low-education Trash supporter.

BigFinance has already ed you so hard and you didn't even notice (that's their evil brilliance)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... spoke nlike a true, low-wage, low-info, low-education Trash supporter.

BigFinance has already ed you so hard and you didn't even notice (that's their evil brilliance)
    Your candidate lery is a BigFinance . Dance and flex your ass for Goldman Sachs you little . Your mother must be proud!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You wrote the thread le, which really says everything you think about this.

We had this conversation already during the Greek crisis, where you kept saying (paraphrasing) that Germany was going to get tired of bailing Greece out and that was going to end the EU.

At some point, you need to acknowledge that the EU happens to be a much stronger and resilient block that you thought they were, let that sink in, and stop predicting their demise every 5 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The demise of the EU has been predicted (and to be fair, by more than just CC) since basically it was created. Every time there's some sort of crisis, back come the naysayers with more predictions, that, generally speaking, are really unfounded.

A hard look at the EU since it's inception shows a very strong group of countries reaping the benefits of strength in numbers, which is what trading blocks are all about. It's clear this goes against certain dogma of pseudo-"economic freedom", but the reality is that we live in a world where that dogma doesn't really exists, and for the most part, hasn't existed for decades now.

Every time there's a crisis, suddenly "it's the beginning of the end" and the "first domino to fall" for the EU, but it's based on basically wishful thinking more than anything concrete.

It's about time the naysayers actually acknowledge the EU has been a very resilient group and they've been factually wrong for a long time. I suppose one day they might be right, but the prediction have been nothing but hubris, and there's no reason to think this isn't more of the same. It's easy to drop the "Well, it doesn't matter because the EU will be done within 5 years anyways". I guess it's harder to admit you already played that card and you were wrong.
    Nobody gives a . No one wants to turn France into Tunisia. That matters alot more than feigned economic benefits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

All I know is I made $1000 since this morning on Brexit over reaction on the market. I sold a stock at .60 Monday, bought it back this morning at .50 and it's at .55 this afternoon.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well ok I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody gives a . No one wants to turn France into Tunisia. That matters alot more than feigned economic benefits.
    I don't care what you give a about. The EU isn't going anywhere. Neither France or Germany have indicated they want to move away from it. Until there's further news, the EU will keep on being the EU.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're also predicting the EU will be disbanded within the next 5 years?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I know is I made $1000 since this morning on Brexit over reaction on the market. I sold a stock at .60 Monday, bought it back this morning at .50 and it's at .55 this afternoon.
    I saw an investor dude on tv the other day saying many of his clients were liquidating their investments but moving more money into their investments accounts. In other words, they were preparing for a buying opportunity. I suspect we'll see a rapid recovery.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're also predicting the EU will be disbanded within the next 5 years?
    I wouldn't put a time frame on it but the EU is ed. I could be wrong, maybe everything is as rosy as you seem to think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care what you give a about. The EU isn't going anywhere. Neither France or Germany have indicated they want to move away from it. Until there's further news, the EU will keep on being the EU.
    Marine Le Pen says Hi!
    Last edited by CosmicCowboy; 06-24-2016 at 02:54 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marie Le Pen says Hi!
    There's always politicians that want this or that. We have Trump, for example. That's not the same as an actual country's voice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's always politicians that want this or that. We have Trump, for example. That's not the same as an actual country's voice.
    In France, the risk is more immediate. The ultra-nationalist, anti-E.U. Front National has remained mainly on the political fringes since Jean-Marie Le Pen founded the party in 1972. Following a flirtation with greater influence when Le Pen reached the second round of presidential voting in 2002, the party fell on hard times. It gained new life once his daughter Marine took over in 2011. The younger Le Pen pivoted from overt anti-Semitism and other right-wing populist ideas to a more streamlined (and logically consistent) anti-immigration, anti-Islam and anti-E.U. platform.

The party went from 0.1% of the vote in 2007 to 3.7 percent of the vote in 2012 as the Euro financial crisis took hold. Today it is polling solidly in the 20’s range; Marine Le Pen is now a leading presidential hopeful with 28 percent of the projected vote. Given France’s two-round presidential system, which favor mainstream parties, few analysts believe she will become president, but her influence on French politics is clearly on the rise.

That’s a concern for Brussels, since Le Pen dubbed herself ‘Madame Frexit’ and has promised the French people a referendum on E.U. membership should she come to power. At the moment, 55 percent of French citizens say they want a vote; 41 percent say they would vote ‘Leave.’ Demand for a referendum appears to be growing in a number of E.U. member states.
    http://fortune.com/2016/06/23/europe-brexit-next/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I've heard on the news today, the polling has shown a greater desire to leave the EU in France than there was in the UK.

I'm don't want to get into an argument about who's the better psychic but your sounding a lot like John McCain saying "the economy is sound" as it was collapsing in front of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't put a time frame on it but the EU is ed. I could be wrong, maybe everything is as rosy as you seem to think.
    I don't know if it's rosy or not, I'm just pointing out that the whole "EU is ed" meme has been predicted ad-nauseum for a long ass time and they're still there.

It's like the guys that predict every 5 years that the world will end "within the next 5 years"... amusing...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't Le Pen get slapped 6 months ago? I mean, the French vote regularly, if they wanted out of the EU, they'll be out by now.

Thread Information