Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that southwest corner of Cornwall is at risk of losing UKL60M from EU. G F Y
    So they get it from London instead. G F Y

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that southwest corner of Cornwall is at risk of losing UKL60M from EU. G F Y
    Do you really think that that money is less assured coming directly from UK than going through EU? That it's more likely going through Brussels than another part of the UK?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is their own party's fault. Labour. The ones who supposedly look out for the unwashed.

And they are going to feel it the most. The posh Londoners switch to less expensive caviar. True democracy works best with educated citizens. Everyone will take a hit in the pocketbook. The great unwashed will feel it the most. Ignorance and xenophobia work best for Despots, Monarchs and Tyrants. And these great unwashed in the UK are not truly poor. This was not some obscure African Nation. But by golly if one wants to drag the entire UK down the real path to despotic rule, this was a decent start.

They will be fine IMO, but the hurt they will feel in the interim was entirely unnecessary.
    Funny how the working class is the salt of the earth, backbone of society when they vote the way progressives want but quickly become uneducated racists if they don't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ruling elite is out of touch on both sides of the pond. Absent that Trump wouldn't be a credible nominee.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    the capitalists. There are 40M+ people on public assistance, a couple M homeless children.
    Says the guy who's shoulder-to-shoulder with Goldman Sachs against Brexit.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how the working class is the salt of the earth, backbone of society when they vote the way progressives want but quickly become uneducated racists if they don't.
    Its all relative. They are very underpaid based on Western standard CEOs. When a large group of people think they are left behind and they believe it, they often look for an easy blame. The easy blame, IMO, is immigrants. The salt of the earth has turned very nasty in the past. If you look at major revolutions in France, England, and even the Nazi take over, one can see how the salt of the earth can behave. I also believe this nastiness can be acquired by almost anyone.

Still no excuse.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ruling elite is out of touch on both sides of the pond. Absent that Trump wouldn't be a credible nominee.
    To a degree. But who is at fault? We have the power to vote and change our provincial elected leaders. But WE don't.

And common people (I include myself) are still nutty enough to vote for a certified nut? I know the alternative to Trump is especially entrenched and distasteful, but for Christ sakes...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The supreme court thing is not a joke.

We just had 4 justices last week totally disregard the cons ution and vote to give the executive branch power that is undeniably the cons utional province of the legislative branch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before you young open minded liberals think it's a good thing to let the President set immigration policy on his own without the consent of Congress just because it's Obama lets flip this around...

How would you like a President Trump given that same power not consulting Congress and building a wall and kicking doors in during the middle of the night and deporting illegal immigrants?

The cons ution set up balances of power for a reason.

Once the Supreme court gets blindly politicized the whole system quits working.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ good point.
    Even tho Trump is already flip flopping on his wall and ban.

The real puss out was and is refusing to appoint a 5th judge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ good point.
    Even tho Trump is already flip flopping on his wall and ban.

The real puss out was and is refusing to appoint a 5th judge.
    Oh, I don't think Trump would do that if elected President I was just making the point how important it is to have justices that interpret the cons ution and not vote political ideology on either side. unfortunately IMHO we already have 4 that have forgotten that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The liberal judges ALWAYS vote the liberal side. The conservative judges sometimes vote with the liberals see Roberts and Obamacare TWICE.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An astute online comment has some wondering whether Brexit may ever happen

The speculative comment lays out a scenario under which Brexit might be averted. A redux of the argument goes like this:

British Prime Minster David Cameron had said that he would invoke Article 50 — which establishes a timetable for formally breaking up with the E.U. — if his country voted to leave the E.U. In fact, he'd said he would do it the morning after.

Instead, in announcing his impending resignation, he may be trying to shield his legacy by passing the responsibility of triggering a potentially catastrophic Brexit to his successor.

Given that Cameron's likely successors are Brexit supporters from within his party, one might think that they would simply go ahead and invoke Article 50, setting the E.U. pullout process in motion.

But, as Teebs notes, these likely successors have been quite subdued in their remarks since the referendum — and some are nowhere to be found.

Boris Johnson, London's former mayor and a favorite to succeed Cameron, has said that there is no need to trigger Article 50 right away.

Other "Brexiteers" from within Cameron's Conservative Party have simply avoided the question.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...y-ever-happen/

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    That's the idea. These people will be faced with 2 choices eventually; the straight jacket or the gas chamber. Until then, bullycide is the way.

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    The liberal judges ALWAYS vote the liberal side. The conservative judges sometimes vote with the liberals see Roberts and Obamacare TWICE.
    They're called activist judges, and have been the main vehicles for progressive change the last 70 years. You think people voted for the Anchor Baby provision? Who do you think struck down Prop 187?

The SCOTUS is their main pet project. Once they have a majority on the court, the Cons ution is what they say it is.

"This here looks like a provincial do ent written by evil slave owning racist white men." - wise latina

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The supreme court thing is not a joke.

We just had 4 justices last week totally disregard the cons ution and vote to give the executive branch power that is undeniably the cons utional province of the legislative branch.
    I'm sorry but I don't think youre more qualified to interpret the Cons ution than they are.

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    (((Elena Kagan))) is the least qualified justice to ever sit on the court. Purely a product of Jewish nepotism.

Don't even get me started on Sotomayor.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (((Elena Kagan))) is the least qualified justice to ever sit on the court. Purely a product of Jewish nepotism.

Don't even get me started on Sotomayor.
    the rightwingnut bigot, racist, misogynist speaks, and SO qualified on stuff judicial.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sorry but I don't think youre more qualified to interpret the Cons ution than they are.
    It's really pretty simple fuzzbrain. Congress writes the laws, not the President.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Supreme Court is inherently political. it's a co-equal branch of government. it's sovereign no less than Congress or the President.

pretending it isn't or shouldn't be is fuzzbrained.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are mad at government. Feel left out and left behind. It's a dangerous moment for us and a great opportunity for nuts like Trump who want to break the system in favor of Caudillismo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are mad at government. Feel left out and left behind. It's a dangerous moment for us and a great opportunity for nuts like Trump who want to break the system in favor of Caudillismo.
    Trash will crash and burn, but Hillary won't try to do anything For The People, and the Repugs would block her anyway.

DNC is refusing Bernie peoples' platform amendments For The People.

Bernie's policies are ALL For The People, but the media + DNC establishment crushed him.

America is ed and un able. The Dem + Repug + BigCorp + VRWC oligarchy has the country by the balls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People who think multiculturalism “is a force for ill” voted to leave by an 81-19 margin.

People who think social liberalism “is a force for ill” voted to leave by an 80-20 margin.

People who think feminism “is a force for ill” voted to leave by a 74-26 margin.

People who think the green movement – environmentalism — “is a force for ill” voted to leave by a 78-22 margin. No word on climate change deniers specifically, but one can certainly speculate.

In other words, leave was given a big boost by the British equivalent of Breitbart readers.

The older you are, the more likely you were to vote leave.

White voters supported Brexiting by a 53-47 margin, while

two-thirds of Asians and three-quarters of blacks voted to Bremain.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/sorr...e+Raw+Story%29

And they got lied to, and sucked it up, hook, line, and sinker.

Nigel Farage backtracks on Leave campaign's '£350m for the NHS' pledge hours after result
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7099906.html

The Leave campaign was repeatedly rebuked by the UK Statistics Authority for claiming the UK paid the EU £350 million a week.

Watch him try not to say "yeah, we lied" on national television.

Thread Information