Page 120 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 3328
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow someone should put the two DJM quotes on a 'how it started, how it's going' meme. That was a full roller coaster of emotions there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree Mr Body - Starting to feel like Spurs targeted ATL after scanning the club chemistry and seeing a big chance those future FRPs ripen very well.

And I agree ex - Starting in 2025 and extnding through 2027 is the Hawks fall-apart sweet spot.

This deal has been crystalizing better than expected but will still be a wait and see thing despite the trajectory appearing to be lining up quite nicely for SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...hing-for-trade

John Collins given the LMA special. I remember so many people slurping this guy. Now no one wants to give up anything for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...hing-for-trade

John Collins given the LMA special. I remember so many people slurping this guy. Now no one wants to give up anything for him.
    People wanted him when he was a legit 21/10 guy. His squabbles with Trae have diminished his role, and now he’s a 12/8 guy. He’s the same player, though. ATL did the opposite of us selling DJ when his value was high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People wanted him when he was a legit 21/10 guy. His squabbles with Trae have diminished his role, and now he’s a 12/8 guy. He’s the same player, though. ATL did the opposite of us selling DJ when his value was high.
    Yeah, I don’t see how he can’t get back to being a 20/10 type player with a decent 3pt shot but the priblem is teams won’t pay up to take that chance. Could see him being moved for a large expiring or 2year vet and an SRP.
    Last edited by KingKev; 01-14-2023 at 06:26 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I don’t see how he can get back to being a 20/10 type player with a decent 3pt shot but the priblem is teams won’t pay up to take that chance. Could see him being moved for a large expiring or 2year vet and an SRP.
    Oh, exactly. If his numbers don’t rebound, you’re stuck with 3/$79M over the next 3 seasons. His current numbers don’t justify the money, so they can’t move him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too many people think that the decisions you make are judged by the quality of the outcome which just wrong headed. You can make the 100% right decision, and it turns out with a less than desirable outcome. Yet, that decision is still the optimal one to make. There is virtually no scenario where the Spurs would have gotten more for DJM or where they could have reasonably expected him to make this team good enough to warrant keeping him and paying him. When you realize that, then the trade to Atlanta is obviously the right move to make every single time. There are scenarios when things don't play out as well as others, but there's really no reason for the Spurs to think twice about that trade.

Few people on this site were as high on that kid as I was/am. I still don't see how any trade would have been better (shocked they got as much as they did, quite frankly). I don't see how anything can be up in the air when the Spurs sold DJM at what is possibly the highest price they could have reasonably gotten for him.
    That's too simplistic a view. Your point would be valid if we traded, say, Keldon Johnson for a team with a bottom 3 record, thus giving us 14% odds at Wembayama. Whether the lottery actually favors us or not shouldn't count on the assessment of the original trade, because we only traded for tickets, and the rest is luck, and this is so because us landing Wembanyama wouldn't change the odds in retrospect, since they're independent events.

In this case the Spurs decided to trade Dejounte for a bunch of unknown assets, as opposed to taking players. That means there's quite a range of possible outcomes, and the value of the return depends on one parameter: the fate of the Hawks. The key to assess the trade is to make (at the time of the trade) as accurate a prediction as possible, in terms of probabilities, of the deal netting us the best possible scenario, the worst one, or something in between. If you knew that distribution you could make an definite assessment, irrespective of which outcome actually materializes.

The problem is, since neither of us is God, that's a parameter we can never know, and the best we can do is estimate it from the actual events. And since those two ARE NOT INDEPENDENT, present events actually do give you information that suggests the chances of the best scenario panning out are better than some of us originally thought, which automatically can chance one's evaluation of the trade in hindsight.

In short, current events speak of the Spurs FO better assessing the Dejounte/Tre Young Hawks than me, hence why I reevaluated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejountrae back court looked good last night

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't pay attention to their record so just realized as it stands he went from one play in team to another, but as he now admits with more non basketball problems

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m sure NO wasn’t impressed with what looked to be a bunch of late first rounders and swaps they wouldn’t want to use, in the Davis trade. Life throws you curves sometimes, though.

Really? You aren’t impressed that we turned a #29 pick in 2016 into two unprotected picks and a swap, plus another possible FRP?
    At the time Murray was traded nobody cared where he was drafted. So being impressed or not with the haul has nothing to do with that.

else we should have traded prime manu for a late first and have been pleased with the haul for what was the #57 pick or whatever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was on Stephen Jackson's podcast recently I think. Wonder when that will drop. Can almost guarantee jack goads him into talking about the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was on Stephen Jackson's podcast recently I think. Wonder when that will drop. Can almost guarantee jack goads him into talking about the Spurs
    I watch almost every episode of All The Smoke and have not seen anything that indicates a DJM appearance.

My bad, I stand corrected.
    Last edited by KingKev; 01-19-2023 at 12:29 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This will be interesting! Spurstalk meltdown imminent.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought that was a great short video. I think it's entirely understandable from his point of view.

So, my question is this: If we win the Wemby sweepstakes and Murray realizes he didn't really have it that bad in SA... Would you take him back as a FA in summer '24 for Wemby's sop re season? Just in time to get Atlanta's '25, '26 & '27 lottery picks as we improve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought that was a great short video. I think it's entirely understandable from his point of view.

So, my question is this: If we win the Wemby sweepstakes and Murray realizes he didn't really have it that bad in SA... Would you take him back as a FA in summer '24 for Wemby's sop re season? Just in time to get Atlanta's '25, '26 & '27 lottery picks as we improve.
    Personally I would but it depends on how we were trending and this is an unlikely situation. He is going to get paid by a more lucrative team I suspect.

I suspect this interview will shed light on what many Spurs fans and PATFO are in denial about which is we need a culture tweek to compete in the modern NBA. Players don’t want to be here because of the culture not because San Antonio as a city is so bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any interesting tidbits? Way too long to sit through

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I can’t believe he threw shade at Tony Parker. I doubt he says a word about nephew ghosting his team during the season. I know SJAX won’t bring that up either. He took TP’s starter job and you expect him to stay and further mentor you In possibly his last year in the league. He had a few years with Parker and Patty was still there. That statement sounds so self-centered.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like Murray was given pretty standard rookie treatment for a guy drafted relatively late. He was put through his paces and paid his dues. No real bomb s s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally I would but it depends on how we were trending and this is an unlikely situation. He is going to get paid by a more lucrative team I suspect.

I suspect this interview will shed light on what many Spurs fans and PATFO are in denial about which is we need a culture tweek to compete in the modern NBA. Players don’t want to be here because of the culture not because San Antonio as a city is so bad.
    His grandmother was a gangbanger, and frankly, before Crawford got into his life, so was he. If such an individual is disaffected with the Spurs culture, so be it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'd consider it too... There are many factors between here and there, but I don't feel like he's some pariah we need to avoid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any interesting tidbits? Way too long to sit through
    Didn't still finish it, but:

- DJ just confirming spurs and him were going on different directiosn and he wanted to play in a compe ive team (spurs or others) and with all the trading rumors, they ultimately had a discussion about teams he'd like to be traded to...

- Jax saying spurs are great, professional organisation but if you're not Duncan, Parker or Manu, they won't hesitate trading you somewhere where you'd "disappear" cos the have to play you again... And that they cut him just before the POs during his second gig so he can't sign with another team (and punish them I guess)... BS, spurs always try to please their players in trades. He was just a narcissic asshole who thought he should have been the man and play over Manu...
    Last edited by JPB; 01-19-2023 at 02:27 PM.

Thread Information