Page 130 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134 LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 3328
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dejounte for a future FRP. Who says no? (besides the Spurs).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s cold. But I guess no one really want to pay him his next deal, especially with then new CBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really have to question whether DJM has the mental toughness to be the subject of the hard side of the business of the NBA. The Hawks won't give DJM the same level of respect and consideration the Spurs did before dumping his ass. Could see DJM spiraling from there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a stupid move for ATL to begin with. They really need to move on from Tre, but they won’t especially since they choose him over Doncic.

The spurs pounced on the dumb dumbs. But sucks for DJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They really need to move John Collins but no one wants him. Trae or DJ will need to move instead. I can see a bid for someone like KAT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If true, not sure what the hawks would want, players or recoup some of their picks, or both, but trading Murray one year in, they should expect everyone to lowball their offers, specially with DJM on court and off court drama... Not a stable player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ATL played better with DJ running the show when Trae was off the floor. They should use Trae to recoup as many assets to offset the trade for DJ, dump Collins for anything, and roll with that for a season.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OMG I am so hopeful about that pick.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OMG I am so hopeful about that pick.
    Since the Hawks will go 3 years in a row without controlling their own draft (2025-2027), they will have no reason to tank and will make win-now moves. All we can hope for is that the moves backfire and they can't win even if they want to, or that they suffer a lot of injuries. I doubt the Hawks will finish any of those seasons with a record below 7th or 8th worst because there will be a few teams that tank the whole season and a few more down the stretch.

Still, each time the Hawks finish with the 7th or 8th worst record gives the Spurs about a 30% chance of jumping into the top 4. Not bad to have up to 3 bites at that apple, especially when trading Dejounte let the Spurs finally bottom out at exactly the right time.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since the Hawks will go 3 years in a row without controlling their own draft (2025-2027), they will have no reason to tank and will make win-now moves. All we can hope for is that the moves backfire and they can't win even if they want to, or that they suffer a lot of injuries. I doubt the Hawks will finish any of those seasons with a record below 7th or 8th worst because there will be a few teams that tank the whole season and a few more down the stretch.

Still, each time the Hawks finish with the 7th or 8th worst record gives the Spurs about a 30% chance of jumping into the top 4. Not bad to have up to 3 bites at that apple, especially when trading Dejounte let the Spurs finally bottom out at exactly the right time.
    Exactly my thought. The odds of DJM staying weren't great, and there is always a risk when you make a trade and have so many potentially toxic assets. Get into the lottery, and as KG says, anything's possibooooooo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't see whatever others apparently can, but I'm guessing it's the Pincus article on B/R from yesterday.

They really need to move John Collins but no one wants him. Trae or DJ will need to move instead. I can see a bid for someone like KAT.
    I suspect they can move Collins, they just have to come to terms with it being a salary dump as opposed to a "basketball trade".

Capela is probably the other big contract they're looking to move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't see whatever others apparently can, but I'm guessing it's the Pincus article on B/R from yesterday.

I suspect they can move Collins, they just have to come to terms with it being a salary dump as opposed to a "basketball trade".

Capela is probably the other big contract they're looking to move.
    There's some chatter about Atlanta trading 15 and Capela to Dallas for the 10 and maybe like Hardaway Jr. Not sure why Atlanta would need to do this; the 10-15 range is pretty flat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just let DJ hit the open market and the Spurs can resign him I wouldn't even mind it. Of course now here will come all the "he ain't a culture fit" guys

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think atl needs to trade trae. He is the player that is hurting that team. If they trade him and let DJM run the point they might be able to get more value for Collins. When I talk about not going after star players this is what I am talking about. Trae has a much bigger name but is not as good. DJM needs to get his head back on straight but is still a good player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ it would also mean conceding that they screwed up the Doncic trade, so that’s a tough pill to swallow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's some chatter about Atlanta trading 15 and Capela to Dallas for the 10 and maybe like Hardaway Jr. Not sure why Atlanta would need to do this; the 10-15 range is pretty flat.
    It depends on who's there, but say Hendricks is available at 10, then it'd make sense for them to do it, they'd add a young, promising forward who can help them on defense but also on offense with his already good solid 3 point shot, and they don't really need him to create anything with Trae & Dejounte already on the team. They also already have Okongwu on the roster, he can get most of Capela's minutes and he should do fine. Probably Dallas would like to dump Bertans instead of Hardaway Jr.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/st...12763123826690
    There are rumors floating around that Dejounte Murray might be available in the right deal, per @EricPincus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    minne waana trade kat

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ it would also mean conceding that they screwed up the Doncic trade, so that’s a tough pill to swallow
    I think some people have a hard time with that. People need to learn to move on. Business make mistakes and have to pivot all the time. Might not be quite as visible but they do sometimes make mistakes and have to change their path.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They didn’t draft Doncic, and then change their minds. He was never their target. You also can’t be held hostage to the sunk cost fallacy. When it’s time to move on, you move on.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They didn’t draft Doncic, and then change their minds. He was never their target. You also can’t be held hostage to the sunk cost fallacy. When it’s time to move on, you move on.
    Clearly they didn’t draft him. They made a judgement call to pass on him, though, and it’s been hanging over their heads notwithstanding that one cool/fluky Trae playoff run. Luka’s lack of attention to his physique and on-court whining have been the only saving graces.

Sunk cost fallacy is a for sure. But there is a whole study of human psychology and economics around it precisely because humans are not always rational actions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If true, not sure what the hawks would want, players or recoup some of their picks, or both, but trading Murray one year in, they should expect everyone to lowball their offers, specially with DJM on court and off court drama... Not a stable player.
    what on and off court drama has he been involved in? I’m honestly not privy to anything he has done outside of the trash talk to Paolo Banchero. Dude has never had any run ins with police or been accused of hurting folks. Yeah, he can be a bit childish on social media sometimes, but all things considered he is pretty low key.

maybe you know some stuff I don’t know though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not giving up much assets for DJ nor am I paying him crazy money in free agency but if he is on the block for a reasonable price i’d consider it. I think he gets around 30mm a year on his next deal and I’m not sure i’m trading assets just to pay him that. Would I consider signing him for that outright? Yeah I would.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moving on from Trae is the way to go. I think they can get KAT and that would maybe improve both teams, despite issues with both characters. Dallas might have won the Doncic trade but it's not like they're sailing free. Moving Trae would probably just end the narrative of comparison.

Trae got something like fewer votes for All-Star from players (I believe) than he has teammates. He's not a popular guy.

Thread Information