Page 131 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134 LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 3328
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hawks would be dumb if they were looking to trade DJ instead of Trae. At least DJ tries to lead and play defense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ it would also mean conceding that they screwed up the Doncic trade, so that’s a tough pill to swallow
    How was the trade screwed up? They have both done the same things in their nba careers...be awful low effort defenders...make a fluke run to the conference finals one year...and have their teams shuffle out players and picks to try and fit with them with just about nothing working.

Luka and Trae are virtually the same player accomplishing the same thing in todays nba. Neither team would get any better trading one for the other right now.

They both even made their original coaches and GM's leave

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont think the hawks are trading Trae. not that i dont think they should, but i think they view him as their Curry and basically an untouchable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ posted on twitter and deleted a post saying the trade talk was nonsense. Every word was capitalized which verifies it’s him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ posted on twitter and deleted a post saying the trade talk was nonsense. Every word was capitalized which verifies it’s him.

Dude will never learn to stay off social media.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hawks have a lot of junk salaries. This isn't really wanting to get rid of Murray at all, but he's one that people might want, plus his extension will sting. Bogdanovic, Capela, De'Andre Hunter, John Collins, all make way too much money especially together. And Trae makes a ton on his own. This is the kind of bad franchises make for themselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How was the trade screwed up? They have both done the same things in their nba careers...be awful low effort defenders...make a fluke run to the conference finals one year...and have their teams shuffle out players and picks to try and fit with them with just about nothing working.

Luka and Trae are virtually the same player accomplishing the same thing in todays nba. Neither team would get any better trading one for the other right now.

They both even made their original coaches and GM's leave
    That's a lot of words just to say you don't know what the you're talking about, my man. You know you can just, say it, right? Less work tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like DJ. But Trae is a superior player and top ten offensive talent.
    DJ had been a passive play maker latter half in Atl.
    And he gives ball hundlers too much space on defense.
    Hunter and Collins cannot dribble nor pass. But they are too expensive to move. No one wants them.
    DJ is tradable easily.
    If someone accept Hunter or Collins with DJ, Atlanta's win.
    OO, AJ, JJ and Bey are there for Atl.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like DJ. But Trae is a superior player and top ten offensive talent.
    DJ had been a passive play maker latter half in Atl.
    And he gives ball hundlers too much space on defense.
    Hunter and Collins cannot dribble nor pass. But they are too expensive to move. No one wants them.
    DJ is tradable easily.
    If someone accept Hunter or Collins with DJ, Atlanta's win.
    OO, AJ, JJ and Bey are there for Atl.
    Trae shot 33.5% from long last year. That doesn't place him in the top 10 offensive players, and is completely unacceptable for someone who plays zero defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae is a horrible basketball player ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae is a horrible basketball player ...
    There's only one kind of team you can build around him: multiple 3 and D guys to cover his awful defense. None of them will be able to create to any great extent, because if you add that to a 3 and D, you have an All Star, and no one is pulling that out of the draft or off the waiver wire.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a lot of words just to say you don't know what the you're talking about, my man. You know you can just, say it, right? Less work tbh.
    Got to explain to a re like you how luka and trae are the same player which is why they have accomplished the same thing on different teams. Because you know...you're a re .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got to explain to a re like you how luka and trae are the same player which is why they have accomplished the same thing on different teams. Because you know...you're a re .
    You can't be serious, Luka and Trae the same player?
    Look at the Mavs roster, lmao. Trae has a way better supporting cast and did less with it.

I'm not a fan of Luka's basketball, but he's an MVP level player. If he doesn't learn how to play team basketball, he will be just another Harden.
    But Trae is a poor man's midget Harden. Even if he had the same offensive output as Luka, which he doesn't, he's still by far the worst defender in the league out of any relevant player. Curry is all-defense compared to him.

As most of us said when the trade happened, there was no way DJ/Trae backcourt would ever work. Just not happening. It's easier to trade DJ because noone will take Trae and his contract.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't be serious, Luka and Trae the same player?
    Look at the Mavs roster, lmao. Trae has a way better supporting cast and did less with it.

I'm not a fan of Luka's basketball, but he's an MVP level player. If he doesn't learn how to play team basketball, he will be just another Harden.
    But Trae is a poor man's midget Harden. Even if he had the same offensive output as Luka, which he doesn't, he's still by far the worst defender in the league out of any relevant player. Curry is all-defense compared to him.

As most of us said when the trade happened, there was no way DJ/Trae backcourt would ever work. Just not happening. It's easier to trade DJ because noone will take Trae and his contract.
    Trae has a better supporting cast?

Luka played with Kyrie, a multi time all nba player with a championship ring. Give me the name of the multi time all nba player that Trae has played with?

Luka has played for a coach with a championship. Give me the name of the championship caliber coach that Trae has played with?

Davis Bertans led the league in 3 point shooting the year before he got his big contract, which is why he got his big contract. Tell me the name of the player that Trae played with that led the league in 3 point shooting?

This is what I am talking about with these media narratives that people just blindly follow. Trae has had the better team its just that Luka has played with players who made more all star appearances than Trae has, more all nba selections than Trae has, more les than Trae has, and a coach with more championships than any coach Trae has had. Completely illogical.

There is absolutely nothing about Luka that points to him being an mvp candidate other than a bunch of media people telling you he is. His numbers are not at all due to his actual basketball skill but more due to his insane usage rate.

Luka won't ever be "another harden" because Harden at least consistently gets out the first round. Luka would have to spend years doing that before he can even be in the same breath as all time 1st team playoff choker Harden.

You can slice a 16 inch pizza into 8 slices, or 5 slices, or 2 slices. But in the end...it's still a 16 inch pizza. That is what Trae and Luka are...you can slice and cut them up into all the different pieces you want...but in the end you end up with the same thing...which is why their careers have gone just about the exact same way up to this point.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I was about to reply, but then I saw the Bertans bit and it's just not worth the time. Stop trolling on anonymous internet forums, I'm sure you've got more interesting things to do with your life.

Dallas is a dumpster tier franchise, they just lucked into Dirk being one of the most loyal players ever. If he left when he should've, they'd be seen in the same way as Timberwolves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hawks probably trade capela and let okongwu take over. thats one salary dump there.

they also probably should move Hunter and slide Griffin in at SF. they dont have an obvious plan at PF beyond Collins, and hoping that his shooting comes back to form when he recovers from the finger injury he was playing through

DJM/Trae doesnt really work though, because both are much more effective on-ball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a great article on The Athletic website this week about Denver GM Calvin Booth and his obsession with positional size paired with skill, and I think that concept comes into play with Atlanta. The Hawks saw that Trae was a massive defensive liability, so they thought adding a defensive minded guard in the back court could help, but the issue is still positional size. Dejounte at 6'5" has great height and length for a PG, but once he's swung over to SG, he's just an average sized guy for that spot, and he's playing next to an undersized PG. If you had something like DJ as a 6'5" PG and, say, a Herb Jones type at SG, that would be a different story. Look at Denver, with a 6'4" Murray paired with a 6'5" Caldwell-Pope, and then 6'7" Christian Braun and 6'4" Bruce Brown coming off the bench. No matter what configuration they use, there's never a time when opponents have an obvious mismatch to attack. I think Atlanta's dooming themselves to failure, thinking an undersized no defense high usage rate PG who shoots in the mid 30s from 3 is their golden ticket to a championship. The chances of that ever happening are monumentally small. I feel like when a certain player has a distinct advantage on the court, the team should try their best to amplify that advantage, rather than use it as a crutch. Utah did this with Gobert-- he was their "defensive guy," and then they put him on the court with 3 or 4 others who were undersized for their positions: Conley at 6'1', Mitc at 6'2', Royce O'Neale at 6'4", etc... I hope the Spurs don't make the same mistake going forward with Wembanyama, thinking that his extreme height and length give them the freedom to worry less about the height and length they surround him with. If anything, I'd like to see them hammer the advantage with more height, especially in the back court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae thinks the Hawks will win the le next season … delusional

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae thinks the Hawks will win the le next season … delusional
    They must be getting a of a return for trading him…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a great article on The Athletic website this week about Denver GM Calvin Booth and his obsession with positional size paired with skill, and I think that concept comes into play with Atlanta. The Hawks saw that Trae was a massive defensive liability, so they thought adding a defensive minded guard in the back court could help, but the issue is still positional size. Dejounte at 6'5" has great height and length for a PG, but once he's swung over to SG, he's just an average sized guy for that spot, and he's playing next to an undersized PG. If you had something like DJ as a 6'5" PG and, say, a Herb Jones type at SG, that would be a different story. Look at Denver, with a 6'4" Murray paired with a 6'5" Caldwell-Pope, and then 6'7" Christian Braun and 6'4" Bruce Brown coming off the bench. No matter what configuration they use, there's never a time when opponents have an obvious mismatch to attack. I think Atlanta's dooming themselves to failure, thinking an undersized no defense high usage rate PG who shoots in the mid 30s from 3 is their golden ticket to a championship. The chances of that ever happening are monumentally small. I feel like when a certain player has a distinct advantage on the court, the team should try their best to amplify that advantage, rather than use it as a crutch. Utah did this with Gobert-- he was their "defensive guy," and then they put him on the court with 3 or 4 others who were undersized for their positions: Conley at 6'1', Mitc at 6'2', Royce O'Neale at 6'4", etc... I hope the Spurs don't make the same mistake going forward with Wembanyama, thinking that his extreme height and length give them the freedom to worry less about the height and length they surround him with. If anything, I'd like to see them hammer the advantage with more height, especially in the back court.
    i think you just spelled out, inadvertently perhaps, the problem that scoot presents for whoever drafts him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Hawks are better off moving Trae and rolling with DJM recouping some of those picks inbtge process. Both are divas, but DJM actually plays defense while also able to facilitate. But I’m even better if they don’t and start cashing those FRP’s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Hawks are better off moving Trae and rolling with DJM recouping some of those picks inbtge process. Both are divas, but DJM actually plays defense while also able to facilitate. But I’m even better if they don’t and start cashing those FRP’s
    I agree, but as some have stated, a lot of teams have caught on that he’s a bad player to build around, and interest is low.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray's problem is that he doesn't want to be a role-player. The Hawks acquired him hoping he'd be their Draymond Green, but he wanted to be their Klay Thompson if not Steph Curry. If he came in trying to play defense and facilitate, I think ATL would've been more successful. But DJM wants a max and knows he'll need to score to get it. So playing winning ball. Yes, Young had a bad season and was arguably worse on offense than Murray for stretches last year. But Atlanta's narrow window to make noise relies on both players filling their roles. If they could count on that, then they could theoretically try to make a final all-in move to get that third star to make a run. They still want to overpay role-players to do fundamental like defend for them, and that's not going to win anything. They need a two-way guy firmly within the Murray tier to have any chance, preferably at the forward spot. MAYBE Siakam could be that guy? He's not really a great defender, but he would help their chances out immensely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    accusing others of being re s while using team success as a measurement stick of individual players' talents and ability

Pot, kettle. I'm siding with LeBowen on this - there's no way you're not trolling. The are you hype-trolling the ing Haws for, dude?! There's so much better alternatives that would be more fun to you - and make you look like less of an absolute re in the process... Puzzling tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just about every single mock I've seen has ATL taking a PG at 15. That seems... interesting.

Thread Information