Page 31 of 134 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL and you guys called me crazy when I said we should include him in trade packages.

What a bunch of idiots that overrate low end draft picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL and you guys called me crazy when I said we should include him in trade packages.

You thinking having a bad SL validates your argument is what's crazy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJM doesnt seem to be the PG we are looking for

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You thinking having a bad SL validates your argument is what's crazy.
    Nope. It's got nothing to do with summer league. I didn't need to watch any SL to come to that conclusion. I just think he's a player that is a piss poor shooter that might take years to develop into a decent and dependable player. It's not in Kawhi's best interest to wait around for that to "maybe" happen.

If other teams were interested and were willing to wait it out for him to possibly reach his potential, then the Spurs should have tried trading him. He's not really in Kawhi and the team's timeline. He still could be a decent player this season, we'll see. However, when you don't have a feel for shooting, like appears to be the case with Dejounte, I don't have high hopes for him progressing quickly at all.
    Last edited by Ice009; 07-17-2017 at 07:20 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If you think he's such a piss poor player, which may well be the case since he's shown little ability to shoot the ball other than wild ass floaters and the occasional open three and his defense is so so, what makes you think he'd garner anything in a trade? You think you're one up on knowledge over 29 NBA GMs? At this point best move is to stay the course with Murray and pray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. It's got nothing to do with summer league. I didn't need to watch any SL to come to that conclusion. I just think he's a player that is a piss poor shooter that might take years to develop into a decent and dependable player. It's not in Kawhi's best interest to wait around for that to "maybe" happen.

If other teams were interested and were willing to wait it out for him to possibly reach his potential, then the Spurs should have tried trading him. He's not really in Kawhi and the team's timeline. He still could be a decent player this season, we'll see. However, when you don't have a feel for shooting, like appears to be the case with Dejounte, I don't have high hopes for him progressing quickly at all.
    Murray is a lottery ticket. You can't look at the downside to make your judgment. You don't lose anything by him taking time to get better. The Spurs spent several years pissing away prospects and picks trying to get marginally better, and it led to their dark age after their fourth le. Short-sighted trades won't do for the Spurs. That almost led to the team missing out on Kawhi altogether.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you think he's such a piss poor player, which may well be the case since he's shown little ability to shoot the ball other than wild ass floaters and the occasional open three and his defense is so so, what makes you think he'd garner anything in a trade? You think you're one up on knowledge over 29 NBA GMs? At this point best move is to stay the course with Murray and pray.
    I said it up here. If no one else was interested, then no problem, you keep him. I am pretty sure that his stock has now dropped big time after SL, though. If anyone was interested, they probably aren't anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think my post was before your edit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is a lottery ticket. You can't look at the downside to make your judgment. You don't lose anything by him taking time to get better. The Spurs spent several years pissing away prospects and picks trying to get marginally better, and it led to their dark age after their fourth le. Short-sighted trades won't do for the Spurs. That almost led to the team missing out on Kawhi altogether.
    Can you imagine how bad the Spurs could have been if they couldn't trade away George Hill!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Below average?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Needs to get the results to match the words. Hasn't been great so far.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Contrary to Kawhi, DJ hasn't passed the "Talk the Talk... Crawl the Crawl" phase.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All i see is a bunch of saying the things he thinks Pop wants to hear

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All i see is a bunch of saying the things he thinks Pop wants to hear
    Gotta say he's been above average at that
    Last edited by TheDoctor; 08-02-2017 at 10:44 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is one year into his quest.....patience is the best practice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's aim for average first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i prefer to make judgement on real games and not summer leagues and ST herd mentality. we'll see what murray can provide this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Less talk more action tbh. Needs to let his game do the talking...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i prefer to make judgement on real games and not summer leagues and ST herd mentality. we'll see what murray can provide this year.
    Murray's lack of good play in the SL wasn't really the issue for me. His relatively poor at ude was a red flag, though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray's lack of good play in the SL wasn't really the issue for me. His relatively poor at ude was a red flag, though.
    People complain that Parker is selfish. This guy seems like a street baller that is always looking for his shot, even more than Parker. But, gasp, he's no where near as good as Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude needs to quit talking and start playing tbh

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. He mentioned Parker, Kawhi, and Patty as mentors. Could've sworn some slurpers here told me they were paying Manure $14,000,000 to be a mentor for the young guys (because they certainly aren't paying him to be a positive on the court)

Reality is Manure is about himself. Would've jumped ship to Philly in a second. Always goes hero more infront of 18k Mexicans at home etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Below average?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude needs to quit talking and start playing tbh
    +1

Thread Information