Page 37 of 134 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry i didn't know you had haters.

But why does that make me a target?

Anyway i gtg watch the AFL grand final now - hopefully he has something for me by then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll keep it to a minimum Chinook because i can't quote on here properly (include posters name?) yet & i cbf pulling up all of the quotes in the Kyle's Summer L MVP vs DJ Rookie playoffs discussion so lets leave that out.

I'd like to start with this because the reason for me entering this thread in the first place was because the general tone on Murray was negative. I held back after summer league but lately the posts were pushing an agenda that DJ needs to shut up, stop being his normal outgoing self , posting on social media etc. Thinking his y/confident at ude (His room with his portrait etc) reflects poorly and somehow means he's not working on his game. I'm not calling you out specifically, but you just need to read the thread yourself to see.

As for the discussion over the last couple of pages.

Its hard to quote you directly because you write so much content....My last post directed to you for instance you chopped up into 5 quotes instead of a single 1 post response for example.

i'll just focus on your quote you directed to me on DJ's work ethic.

In response i made a detailed post at the top of this page about what we know so far about his off-season and later posted DJ's presser which gives us even more info . That is, unless he's all lip service. It was particularly interesting hearing him talk about the differences in summer, regular and playoff basketball & the importance of each possession at the highest level. So we now have a few positive signs from different sources that give us an indication he put in work this off-season.

Now if you are moving the argument to "we need to see that he has improved" then i can agree with you because neither of us have any idea & the summer L gives no indication of whats to come.
    Nope. Still no alert. You have to hit the "Reply With Quote" button and keep that main post with the person's name (which is a clickable link once posted) to generate the notification. I don't mean that as a snide remark or anything. You just expressed some uncertainty on how to quote people before.

As for the delayed response, I was pretty much working from six this morning until just a couple of hours ago, so I didn't take too much time to scour through threads.

Your points:

The general mood around Murray is not negative. Some folks might be hating on him, but that's more shtick-fueled than anything. As I said before, his SL performance was a wet blanket, whether you dismiss it or not. I'm not keen to get into that debate again, as I think we both know where the other stands but in the very least, it killed off hype to see him suck it up. People are more cautious about how quickly he's going to play consistently, and as you've admitted we still don't know and won't until at least the pre-season.

You're correct that I did mention evidence that he put in the work, and so you bringing up said evidence is relevant and important. I did mean it more in terms of that work translating into performance, but it's entirely possible for him to have practiced a ton and still not be appreciably better, as terrible as that would be.

I legit don't give out predictions very often. I think it's useless. That doesn't mean my feelings aren't made clear. I don't like to speculate on what will happen, but I do like to discuss what something happening would look like and what factors would cause that thing to happen in the first place. In this case, I have no idea how Murray will develop. I can try to think about what he can do now and what he can needs to be able to do to succeed, but I don't see a point in speculating on whether he does those things. It's completely out of my control.

As for me being a "target", it's just a silly thing that some posters are doing because it's the off-season and they're bored. We have some back and forths, a couple of legit discussions and then we move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What if.......Kyle becomes a real point forward?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What if.......Kyle becomes a real point forward?
    Bringing it up in this thread is like that word from Family Guy:
    Don't you know what the word is?

I'd keep chat about Kyle in his church thread. This thread was already controversial enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. Still no alert. You have to hit the "Reply With Quote" button and keep that main post with the person's name (which is a clickable link once posted) to generate the notification. I don't mean that as a snide remark or anything. You just expressed some uncertainty on how to quote people before.

As for the delayed response, I was pretty much working from six this morning until just a couple of hours ago, so I didn't take too much time to scour through threads.
    Well I do take it as a "snide remark" because I was in the thread watching you come in and out for a good amount of time hoping that you would write back & again after I posted about his new tattoo sleeve. So you knew what was up and chose not to write back until I called you out on the previous page. Thanks for explaining how to give poster notification though.

I'll have to address your points tomorrow because it's grand final day ( where I'm living in Melbourne atm) and am about to head to town and celebrate. I'm writing this from my phone from a friends place.

So I'll edit this post soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    .. his SL performance was a wet blanket, whether you dismiss it or not. I'm not keen to get into that debate again, as I think we both know where the other stands but in the very least, it killed off hype to see him suck it up.
    Fair enough, I’m not keen either. It is important to note that you only first engaged me in conversation when I asked the board point blank what’s more impressive (Kyle's 2nd year SL MVP or DJ’s rookie playoffs). I wont post the direct quote you directed to me with your feelings on the subject because:

1) It’s a dumb argument & you will get embarrassed quickly
    2) This is a DJ thread like SA pointed out.
    3) I never wanted to talk about Kyle in the first place.

The general mood around Murray is not negative. Some folks might be hating on him, but that's more shtick-fueled than anything. As I said before, his SL performance was a wet blanket, whether you dismiss it or not. I'm not keen to get into that debate again, as I think we both know where the other stands but in the very least, it killed off hype to see him suck it up. People are more cautious about how quickly he's going to play consistently, and as you've admitted we still don't know and won't until at least the pre-season.
    Yes the mood was very negative when i entered the thread on page 27 & the diva narrative was pushed by yourself and others. Again i'm not keen on digging up quotes - just look.

The previous pages before that agenda was pushed were just posters who seemed mad about his summer league play not haters. I hate to bring ICE into this because he is the poster i actually enjoy reading the most but he and other were clearly frustrated after seeing DJ bomb summer league and i tried to bring the thread back positive. The reason i look out for ICE posts is b/c when we very first signed patty (i joined spur talk in 2006 - Lurked when we had good posters & stayed in Mills threads). He also had that similar TP projection because he knew what i knew when most of the board laughed there ass's off even before he was waving the towels the first year. It didn't turn out that way and in a later evaluation(s) prior to and even after the 1 finals he was spot on with his projection.

Projection....again the most interesting part. It's fun to imagine what some of our young guns could potentially develop into. Also it's not like i was trying to pin you down and hold you to it.....i was asking for a floor/ceiling and projection but whatever you explained yourself so i'm not going to ask again.

You're correct that I did mention evidence that he put in the work, and so you bringing up said evidence is relevant and important. I did mean it more in terms of that work translating into performance, but it's entirely possible for him to have practiced a ton and still not be appreciably better, as terrible as that would be.
    Thank you for acknowledging that we do have some evidence he's been working.

Moving the argument to "if he has improved" - i agree with you 100%
    Last edited by ceds; 10-01-2017 at 08:07 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just got a target on your back for no reason. Remember that.
    wise advice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by SAGirl; 10-15-2017 at 06:11 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They forgot Tony Parker. He is guaranteed to be coming back on a new contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When was the deadline to do this? Did the Spurs pick this option up early?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol that didnt last long. this tweet is already deleted and there's no sign of her on his IG anymore and vice versa

not so subtle social media jabs

probably for the best. go into the season with no distractions

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My dude hittin' n quit'n.

Props.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My dude hittin' n quit'n.

Props.
    Only of he could dribble or shoot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's injury kinda deflated my enthusiasm for the beggining of the season..murray having a good opener could change that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's injury kinda deflated my enthusiasm for the beggining of the season..murray having a good opener could change that.
    Yep. Kawhi is the main reason I was revved up and excited for the season to start. It feels like crap to me without Kawhi playing. The power and energy just isn't the same. He was the only guy I was looking forward to watching play in the entire NBA. It's real deflating not getting to see him play on opening night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enthusiasm re-inflated.

Now we just need Pop to play him more when the kid is balling and Patty sucking ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loved everything about him outside of that second stint. I am not sure if Teague and Jones are horrible defenders, but he was consistently aggressive and accurate. Time will tell if this was one of his best games or just an above-average game. He's doing his part to fit the PG role Parker fills rather than being like Mills. It would be interesting to see what happens if he remains this competent when Tony is ready to go.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't get the Mills contract. Wow. I like Mills quite a lot, but I don't 50 million like him.

Very good game from Dejounte.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol that didnt last long. this tweet is already deleted and there's no sign of her on his IG anymore and vice versa

not so subtle social media jabs

probably for the best. go into the season with no distractions
    Acting as is she'll ever do better than DJ. Dude is on his way to becoming a star. Dumb broad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great first game, possibly an L without him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Murray's stats on BBRef are insane due to sample size. PER of 33, Net Rtg of 48, BPM of 10.6, WS/48 of .360.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loved everything about him outside of that second stint. I am not sure if Teague and Jones are horrible defenders, but he was consistently aggressive and accurate. Time will tell if this was one of his best games or just an above-average game. He's doing his part to fit the PG role Parker fills rather than being like Mills. It would be interesting to see what happens if he remains this competent when Tony is ready to go.

They are bad defenders, but Murray still showed improvement. Soon teams will make him a jump shooter and he won’t look so good. Also a horrible turnover in the first half on a fast break. He doesn’t have the handles to dribble into a crowd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are bad defenders, but Murray still showed improvement. Soon teams will make him a jump shooter and he won’t look so good. Also a horrible turnover in the first half on a fast break. He doesn’t have the handles to dribble into a crowd.
    Yeah, that TO was in the second stint where he almost single-handedly lost the lead. I do think teams will play him differently, but that will also open up passing lanes for him. Murray is a third or fourth option most of the times he's on the court, so there's only so much gameplanning a team can do for him.

Speaking of jump shots, my favorite play of his was that baseline-jumping he had in the third I think when the clock was running down. The drives will likely be inconsistent for a long time, but if he can nail shots like that, he'll be fine.

Currently, I'm assuming that this was one of the best games he'll play this season and that we'll see a number of horrible shooting games to balance this out like we saw last year. But is it's closer to the middle, it could be really good second year for him.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Murray continues to perform Spurs better not derail his development to play Tony Parker in what should be his last season.

Thread Information