Page 5 of 134 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what exactly were these "issues" that allegedly caused teams to pass on him in the draft? Confidence and iness aren't in short supply in NBA prospects. Were there rumors of off the court issues? Did his high school or college coach say he was difficult to coach? Selfish?

Or perhaps the story of him falling in the draft isn't true or greatly exagerated. That he went exactly where he should have gone given his age and limited shooting? I've no idea. Anyone follow his college career (short as it was) and have some clarifications? These rumors of "falling" plus whatever happened between him in Jamal Crawford, have me a little worried. Though his play has me excited.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what exactly were these "issues" that allegedly caused teams to pass on him in the draft? Confidence and iness aren't in short supply in NBA prospects. Were there rumors of off the court issues? Did his high school or college coach say he was difficult to coach? Selfish?

Or perhaps the story of him falling in the draft isn't true or greatly exagerated. That he went exactly where he should have gone given his age and limited shooting? I've no idea. Anyone follow his college career (short as it was) and have some clarifications? These rumors of "falling" plus whatever happened between him in Jamal Crawford, have me a little worried. Though his play has me excited.

A lot of it has to do with his age and his lack of polish but he's in a position to be a good player. He's physically gifted and has a nose for getting to the basket, his handles seem pretty natural and they'll improve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this dude is going to be big time, he has some things he needs to work on but hes in the perfect org to excel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sold. I like his aggressiveness. I heard he has a strong work ethic too. It should be fun watching him develop. I know it's early, but I think the Spurs got another gem late in the draft. It's also great he hung around NBA guys like Jamal Crawford.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh-oh. Murray was nonchalant after Simmons' buzzer beater. Barely gave Simmons a half-assed high 5 then walked away while the team celebrated.

Not a team player?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh-oh. Murray was nonchalant after Simmons' buzzer beater. Barely gave Simmons a half-assed high 5 then walked away while the team celebrated.

Not a team player?
    I noticed that too. They probably told him to watch Parker film to prepare for the season... he watched the wrong film. Parker already rubbing off on him.. smh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    simons and murray do not even know each other yet
    murray just signed
    simmons I bet hangs out with anderson because he knows him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A little concerning, but it's just one moment.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was worried about it on draft day, but I've changed my mind:

This dude is going to bring hints of at ude and swag to the Spurs. He might even have casual fans.

Gonna be dope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's young and too green, but we knew that coming in... gotta have some patience...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when did murray get there and is he the only one that did not play in the other summer league?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray was like "'bout time you made one at the end, Simmons."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't shot, can't finish with his left, can't play defense!
    Sad to say that I agree with kill ball pana aka kobyz about this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    simons and murray do not even know each other yet
    murray just signed
    simmons I bet hangs out with anderson because he knows him
    Simms and Anderson played together something like 26 games in the dleague before we saw them in the last SL. They were jiving from long ago. JSimms in particular has given at least two interviews I have seen him mention that him and Kyle are very tight on and off the court and always support and encourage each other to be better and we have seen that they have undeniable chemistry.

Simms and Dijon OTOH have too similar a game and take opportunities from each other. Neither is a shooter. Both are super athletic and aggressive in transition. Simms appears to be the better passer, but he should be, hes 7 years Dijon's senior and he's been in the system 3 years already. Its not even the same universe in comparison from the two.

Just got to continue watching them. Dijon did have some nice PnR sequences though. He ran them much better than I have seen JSimms run them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lil niggz reminds me of Westbrook. That's it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad to say that I agree with kill ball pana aka kobyz about this one.
    Can't play d? Ok.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's got high upside on both ends but this game showed why he probably wont make an impact in first couple of NBA season

one dimensional on offense, and lacks the fundamentals on defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes got tools to be a decent defender. God hands and height. The problem is his at ude and character. Its his second Summer league and already hes shown numerous signs of defensive laziness exacerbated by his lack of fundamentals.

His inability to defend might just be his character and that's hard to change. Even if he is playing for San antonio. He also cant shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will have eye dropping defensive plays ala westbrook but be a negative in actual defensive c0ntribution.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is your typical young player in the sense he has always been the main attraction and now has to share the spotlight! Pop will help break him down to understand the intricacies of Spur Basketball. He is a little selfish and self centered right now..... on his nice spin move for the botched layup, he should have hit forbes in the corner for the open three. Once he stops being so concerned with scoring and starts to focus in on defense (only way he will ever get on the court here) the sky will be the limit! Murray possess all the tools for a lockdown defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when did murray get there and is he the only one that did not play in the other summer league?
    He played the last game of the three in Utah and tonight (first game of Vegas Summer League).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not a team player?
    I feel like he was disappointed with his performance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he's not over himself, good trade piece.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is your typical young player in the sense he has always been the main attraction and now has to share the spotlight! Pop will help break him down to understand the intricacies of Spur Basketball. He is a little selfish and self centered right now..... on his nice spin move for the botched layup, he should have hit forbes in the corner for the open three. Once he stops being so concerned with scoring and starts to focus in on defense (only way he will ever get on the court here) the sky will be the limit! Murray possess all the tools for a lockdown defender.
    Good point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes got tools to be a decent defender. God hands and height. The problem is his at ude and character. Its his second Summer league and already hes shown numerous signs of defensive laziness exacerbated by his lack of fundamentals.

His inability to defend might just be his character and that's hard to change. Even if he is playing for San antonio. He also cant shoot.
    You just want Tony to keep starting.

Thread Information