Page 53 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 3328
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You tried a hook grip? Also, how low are you going on your squats...
    Parallel on the heavy lifts and below when i rep double digits or static hold. Hip flexors were a culprit in younger days and still are

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a good defender at the most useless defensive position in basketball today

Probably the worst offensive starting PG in the NBA, unfortunately..maybe Lonzo is worse, that's it..
    Again, per minute, Real Plus-Minus ORPM for PG:
    #1 James Harden
    #19 Patty Mills
    #58 Derrick White
    #62 Lonzo Ball
    #85 Dejounte Murray
    #92 Tony Parker
    #103 (last) Juwan Evans

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol plus minus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see the requisite off the dribble dynamism to be more than a secondary ball handler/play maker. They should be viewing him as their version of Smart/Exum, which means graduating from non to at least bad and willing 3-point shooter.

In the event Leonard is retained, Evans should be the obvious target. Instead, they'll probably hope Murray can be more, likely give Parker a loyalty contract and with either Ginobili returning or White waiting in the wings, think they have enough guards who can create and look to sign a 3 and D type, if they sign one at all.
    -Agreed. I wonder if the coaching staff told Murray to not take 3's during the first half of the season and gave him the go ahead in the second half of the year

Pre All Star- 58 games, 19 3pt attempts
    Post All Star ( plus PS)- 28 Games, 21 3pt attempts

his form is actually good, I'd be fine with him upping his attempts to around 2 or 2.5 a game , regardless of the percentage. Him shooting 30% on 1 attempt per game isn't going to cause him to improve and gain more confidence in his shot. Teams are going to leave him open, he's going to have to at least take that shot.

If Kawhi is brought back, then I expect a fairly quite off-season; in terms of moves, with PATFO essentially bringing back the same team but them playing different, with LMA playing even more at the 5 and the team playing with more pace and space.

I was dubious to the idea that Green could be retained but it's looking like the market might be brutal for a role player like him, Gay too, bad teams have the cap space but wouldn't be interested and quite good teams are trying are close to the tax so they won't be able to offer the full MLE. I expect both to be back, Bertans, Parker, and Anderson as well.

They should still be able to have the full MLE available but would probably be looking for a player willing to do a 1+1 like Gay did, Tyreke probably would be only interested if he got the full MLE over 4 years, cashing in on his season.

I think they don't bring anyone in, though they might go hard after Avery Bradley who wants a big deal but is unlikely to actually get it.

Murray, Green, Kawhi, Gay, LMA
    Parker, Mills, Manu, Anderson, Gasol

or

Murray, Mills, Kawhi, Gay, LMA
    Parker, Green, Bertans, Anderson, Gasol
    (in the event that Manu retires)

is probably what the rotation would look like if Kawhi returns.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sure you did tubby
    Umad?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -Agreed. I wonder if the coaching staff told Murray to not take 3's during the first half of the season and gave him the go ahead in the second half of the year

Pre All Star- 58 games, 19 3pt attempts
    Post All Star ( plus PS)- 28 Games, 21 3pt attempts

his form is actually good, I'd be fine with him upping his attempts to around 2 or 2.5 a game , regardless of the percentage. Him shooting 30% on 1 attempt per game isn't going to cause him to improve and gain more confidence in his shot. Teams are going to leave him open, he's going to have to at least take that shot.

If Kawhi is brought back, then I expect a fairly quite off-season; in terms of moves, with PATFO essentially bringing back the same team but them playing different, with LMA playing even more at the 5 and the team playing with more pace and space.

I was dubious to the idea that Green could be retained but it's looking like the market might be brutal for a role player like him, Gay too, bad teams have the cap space but wouldn't be interested and quite good teams are trying are close to the tax so they won't be able to offer the full MLE. I expect both to be back, Bertans, Parker, and Anderson as well.

They should still be able to have the full MLE available but would probably be looking for a player willing to do a 1+1 like Gay did, Tyreke probably would be only interested if he got the full MLE over 4 years, cashing in on his season.

I think they don't bring anyone in, though they might go hard after Avery Bradley who wants a big deal but is unlikely to actually get it.

or

Probably, because he shot more 3s last season.

Exactly. You don't have to be even average from 3 to not completely destroy spacing, you just have to shoot around 30% on reasonable volume and not turn down wide open ones. There's plenty of examples of this (Jeff and Draymond Green, Iguodala, etc.).

Same. I think there's a better than 50% chance they make no significant acquisition, especially if, as I suspect, they draft an NBA ready or close 3 and D type.

4 year contracts are now rare. For a non star, with durability issues, going on 29, I can't see Evans getting more than 3. He might even only be able to command 2, with a partial guarantee for the 3rd.

They showed no interest in starting Gay during the regular season mostly without Leonard, so I doubt they would with him. Gasol probably continues to generally start. Playing Parker and Mills together, is asking to get destroyed defensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This board is like a virtual attention ho black hole. Or some kind of no lifer 101...

Introducing n°1 in the "who do you think you fooling and who cares anyway?" standings, the classic and always fascinating old, insecure "I'm in my prime" weight lifter farts and their bench press. All missing now a rant about milleneniums and their lack of game and how he's banging hot teens all over the place.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This board is like a virtual attention ho black hole. Or some kind of no lifer 101...

Introducing n°1 in the "who do you think you fooling and who cares anyway?" standings, the classic and always fascinating old, insecure "I'm in my prime" weight lifter farts and their bench press. All missing now a rant about milleneniums and their lack of game and how he's banging hot teens all over the place.
    Thanks for posting to get attention. Typical millenenium

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

or

There's no way Spurs go another season without White in the rotation. And theres no way Gay starts.

I honestly dont see Tony back in a role if hes back. Spurs cant be that delusional and force maybe the best guard they have out of the rotation once again ( White).

If Kawhi is back, I think it will be this:

Murray - Hezonja/Evans/Green/ Ellington - Kawhi - Kyle - LA

Mills - White - Huerter/Keita Bates Diop/ Troy Brown JR/ Melvin Frazier/BAE signing (Ennis)- Gay/Bertans - Pau

Lauvergne ( dont think he opts out) - Blossomgame - Milutinov- Forbes

I think Manu retires and I think Tony gets offered a better deal financially & more playing time elsewhere. I don't think Tony wants to return to be the 3rd PG and I dont think Spurs are delusional enough to where they'd prefer Mills to start at the 2 spot getting 30 minutes per moving forward. If they want that to be the plan then they have lost it.

** Players with / next to their name means or, not and.
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 06-02-2018 at 07:53 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray needs those PNR shoulder shots and occasional 3’s when open. That’s why Tony will be back to show him the ropes/mentor/assistant coach. Manu could retire though. I don’t think he’ll play with Kawhi. Because Kawhi will be back, and Spurs will move mountains to surround him with talents. I think where Kawhi plays, LeBron will play as best duo to take down Dubs. Gay will be the new 6th man and possibly most improved player and 6th man award. If Zhaire Smith is available, please please please get him. He will bring down the roof, and will forgive FO for letting Simmons walked. Pau is traded to join his brother. Milutinov comes as backup big. White will be a stud and occasionally will pair with Murray to give him more minutes. I think will see a very exciting team next season

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no way Spurs go another season without White in the rotation. And theres no way Gay starts.

I honestly dont see Tony back in a role if hes back. Spurs cant be that delusional and force maybe the best guard they have out of the rotation once again ( White).

Mills - White - Huerter/Keita Bates Diop/ Troy Brown JR/ Melvin Frazier/BAE signing (Ennis)- Gay/Bertans - Pau

I think Manu retires and I think Tony gets offered a better deal financially & more playing time elsewhere. I don't think Tony wants to return to be the 3rd PG and I dont think Spurs are delusional enough to where they'd prefer Mills to start at the 2 spot getting 30 minutes per moving forward. If they want that to be the plan then they have lost it.

For White to be in the rotation, 2 of Ginobili, Parker, Green or Anderson, have to either not retire or be re-signed. Just 1 not being would open up minutes though. Forbes cleared 1500 as a projected non rotation player last season, while Simmons and Anderson cleared 1300 and 1000 respectively, going back and forth the season before.

I can't imagine either the front office or Parker bothering if it's to be a non rotation player. I think they'll give him a 1 year contract to prove that he's not finished and when he can't, they'll let him down easy by saying they gave him a year after surgery and little to nothing changed.

Hezonja is a name I see mentioned a lot, but despite being foreign he doesn't seem like Spurs material. He's known for being arrogant and pouty (I know Gasol is too, but he has Spurs-y elements). There's also plenty of teams with a greater need for size on the wing, including some with significant cap space.

They don't need quan y in the back court, they need quality, in the form of a starting caliber guard, who can either score/play make or provide 3 and D. Mills and Forbes can only shoot and White can shoot too, so Ellington would be redundant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

-I disagree, I think starting Anderson and Murray is a no-go with Kawhi and LMA.

- TD 21 and I talked about Murray upping his attempts to around 2-2.5 3's per game, even if he's only hitting 30 %, that is a big improvement- if nothing else because it allows him to be more of a factor without the ball in his hand, but Anderson sharing the floor then teams are gonna sag off each of them, muddying up the spacing for Kawhi and.

- Splitting the PF minutes between Gay and Anderson 26/22 sounds about right. Having Gasol as the backup 5 playing around 20 mpg, (including a few minutes with Aldridge) is more useful than him starting and carves out playing time for Anderson, who is a solid 4, but Gay provides spacing and an offensive threat that he doesn't.

-I don't see the Spurs bringing in a rotation player, unless it's someone like Avery Bradley on a 1+1 after he figures out that he isn't getting more than $10 million a season- if that.

-White may not be in line for a rotation spot this season, maybe a Forbes type role but probably not playing every night. Also, its really odd that he played so few minutes as a rookie, he played the fewest minutes from a Spurs 1st rounder pick since Mihinmi.

-I could see Bertans and Anderson both being brought back on fair 3 year deals (something like 3 years, $20 million) while Parker is retained on a 2 year, $8 million dollar deal (a compromise; he wants 3 years and the Spurs probably wanted him back with the vet min. but adding another 2 million per isn't going to kill them). Gay may opt in and play it safe, next off season is supposed to be better for FA's.

I think Manu retires and the Spurs draft Thomas, Diop, or hopefully Simon's but I expect the rotation to be largely the same- just reshaped.

SL-Mills, Murray, Kawhi, Gay, LMA

Bench-

Deep Bench-
    White, 1st rounder, Milutinov? Joff ()

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably, because he shot more 3s last season.

Exactly. You don't have to be even average from 3 to not completely destroy spacing, you just have to shoot around 30% on reasonable volume and not turn down wide open ones. There's plenty of examples of this (Jeff and Draymond Green, Iguodala, etc.).

Same. I think there's a better than 50% chance they make no significant acquisition, especially if, as I suspect, they draft an NBA ready or close 3 and D type.

4 year contracts are now rare. For a non star, with durability issues, going on 29, I can't see Evans getting more than 3. He might even only be able to command 2, with a partial guarantee for the 3rd.

They showed no interest in starting Gay during the regular season mostly without Leonard, so I doubt they would with him. Gasol probably continues to generally start. Playing Parker and Mills together, is asking to get destroyed defensively.

-I think ( and hope) Gasol's days as a starter are over, he'd be better as the backup 5. Gay was coming off an significant injury and there was some uncertainty of when Kawhi was actually going to return so they had him come off the bench.

-Just before, and after the all-star break plus the playoffs, Gasol came off the bench with Anderson and then Gay as the 4. Also Bertans played almost 1100 minutes, with almost all of them at the 4 (mostly with LMA at the 5) I think Pop realizes that having Aldridge as the 5 is best, not only for LMA but for the team. The units when he played center was significantly better and only slightly worse defensively iirc.

-Starting Gay with Murray, Green/Mills, Kawhi and LMA gives the Spurs defensively versatility and allows them to play more modern ball with 3 high volume 3pt shooters, Aldridge in the post, popping out or rolling to the rim and Murray.

-Separating Parker and Mills would probably be for the best and makes it easier to hide them on D.

-I could see the Spurs drafting Diop or Thomas but I would hope they go with Simons in an upside play. Adding a 6'8, athletic, freakishly long, 3 and D, 3/4 type or a defensive minded guard with good physical tools is hard to pass up though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get why ppl think PG rebounding isn't important... It is even more important now than ever because of how the game is played... In this era of big men having to guard on the perimeter, you need the smaller positions to pick up the slack... Big reason why big men rebounds are down,even though the pace is higher, but up for other positions... Don't sleep on Murray's rebounding... Now the next step for him is getting those rebounds and running the court... Speed up the game

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -I think ( and hope) Gasol's days as a starter are over, he'd be better as the backup 5. Gay was coming off an significant injury and there was some uncertainty of when Kawhi was actually going to return so they had him come off the bench.
    -Just before, and after the all-star break plus the playoffs, Gasol came off the bench with Anderson and then Gay as the 4. Also Bertans played almost 1100 minutes, with almost all of them at the 4 (mostly with LMA at the 5) I think Pop realizes that having Aldridge as the 5 is best, not only for LMA but for the team. The units when he played center was significantly better and only slightly worse defensively iirc.

-Starting Gay with Murray, Green/Mills, Kawhi and LMA gives the Spurs defensively versatility and allows them to play more modern ball with 3 high volume 3pt shooters, Aldridge in the post, popping out or rolling to the rim and Murray.

-Separating Parker and Mills would probably be for the best and makes it easier to hide them on D.

-I could see the Spurs drafting Diop or Thomas but I would hope they go with Simons in an upside play. Adding a 6'8, athletic, freakishly long, 3 and D, 3/4 type or a defensive minded guard with good physical tools is hard to pass up though.
    Even on a minutes limit, if they didn't start Gay despite the lack of anything resembling a perimeter threat in the starting lineup, I can't see them doing so if Leonard is retained.

Gasol also primarily came off the bench post All-Star break the previous season, yet was back starting pre All-Star break last season. We all know he's going to play some with Aldridge anyway to get his minutes into the 20s (that way, they can attempt to somewhat justify his contract and shut him up), so it doesn't really matter if it's the first 6 minutes of each half or spread throughout.

Gay's 3pt rate was 22%, Gasol's was 19.1%.

Parker-Mills is the inverse of Anderson-Murray. No matter how we all spin it, what we're all really saying is, the roster as presently constructed doesn't fit.

The knocks on Bates-Diop, are his supposed lack of toughness and poor motor. Also, unless they commit to Aldridge as a full time C sooner than later, a combo forward would probably have difficulty earning a substantial role. That's why I think a guard/wing is more likely. Young claims they're "eyeing an athletic wing".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

SL-Mills, Murray, Kawhi, Gay, LMA

Bench-

Deep Bench-
    White, 1st rounder, Milutinov? Joff ()
    If Leonard stays, it would be a disaster if they don’t use the MLE to improve that sorry roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray was dropping threes straight in his snapchat... There was a point he had to hit 5 in a row to win and he did it with ease... He just needs to keep his form consistent... Learn from Ray Allen... He was betting a bit y with it and styling off at the end of his shot... But it was a good sign... Hopefully he keeps practicing not just by himself, but with trainers

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get why ppl think PG rebounding isn't important... It is even more important now than ever because of how the game is played... In this era of big men having to guard on the perimeter, you need the smaller positions to pick up the slack... Big reason why big men rebounds are down,even though the pace is higher, but up for other positions... Don't sleep on Murray's rebounding... Now the next step for him is getting those rebounds and running the court... Speed up the game
    It is important. But when you have a pg that cant dribble, pass, shoot, get into transition, and can only rebound, it doesnt matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is important. But when you have a pg that cant dribble, pass, shoot, get into transition, and can only rebound, it doesnt matter.
    When u have a pg that's 21...it matters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Leonard stays, it would be a disaster if they don’t use the MLE to improve that sorry roster.
    It's not inconceivable that this team has a $145 million payroll with that aforementioned roster. That would be about $12-14 over the luxury tax adding another $9 million to those numbers would probably be something that they are unwilling to do.

I mentioned they could try and entice Avery Bradley on a 1+1 after his bubble gets burst when he doesn't get the big deal that he is reportedly seeking, that or they may use some of It to bring over Militinov.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im glad he's practicing his dunking

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All-NBA Instagram first teamer

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray was dropping threes straight in his snapchat... There was a point he had to hit 5 in a row to win and he did it with ease... He just needs to keep his form consistent... Learn from Ray Allen... He was betting a bit y with it and styling off at the end of his shot... But it was a good sign... Hopefully he keeps practicing not just by himself, but with trainers
    How much does we weigh? I am hoping he can bulk up a little more.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nba has no talent

Thread Information