Page 7 of 134 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kid is going to be electric. I'll be sad if he's stashed in the dleague all season.
    I think spurfan is just too Dang spoiled. Having drafted the greatest pf ever, arguably the most accomplished foreign prospect, a hall of fame pg, and then the next franchise player top 15, they forget this kid should have never made it past 20, the draft just played perfectly for the spurs. Kid is 19, people talking about playing winning basketball.

He's a kid with immense potential. He could start day one on other teams. His slashing ability is elite already, he's been playing pros for a couple years already. His shot never developed because no-one could stop his drive. He's exactly what the spurs lack, n athletic slasher with size in the position in most need of an upgrade.

I'm looking forward to seeing him play and develop. He showed great strides in summer league alone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Well said

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think spurfan is just too Dang spoiled. Having drafted the greatest pf ever, arguably the most accomplished foreign prospect, a hall of fame pg, and then the next franchise player top 15, they forget this kid should have never made it past 20, the draft just played perfectly for the spurs. Kid is 19, people talking about playing winning basketball.

He's a kid with immense potential. He could start day one on other teams. His slashing ability is elite already, he's been playing pros for a couple years already. His shot never developed because no-one could stop his drive. He's exactly what the spurs lack, n athletic slasher with size in the position in most need of an upgrade.

I'm looking forward to seeing him play and develop. He showed great strides in summer league alone.
    but he's stupid - spurs don't need that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tholdren again so bitter. Don't know how you can be a fan and still be this bitter. The Spurs are getting younger and now Pop has to coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what path will Murray follow in his NBA career:

The selfless chaos of Ginobili, born out of the absolute desire to will his team to victory......

Or the glamorous singularity of Parker, who needs a starring role to be effective??

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but he's stupid - spurs don't need that
    He's too black for you. You don't like that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's too black for you. You don't like that.
    I wouldn't say too black. I would say to dumb to play PG. I also said he should play SG. But you can misconstrue all you want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't say too black. I would say to dumb to play PG. I also said he should play SG. But you can misconstrue all you want.
    Shut up got, he'll play whatever position we need him to play. Quit your in' and be happy that your team has a young, talented prospect to develop.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Him and kawhi and could be deadly

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    start him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is just young....... with youth comes growth hopefully! He couldn't be in a better situation than San Antonio for professional & personal development. Hopefully Kawhi will start to take more of a leadership role and help mold some of the youngins'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is just young....... with youth comes growth hopefully! He couldn't be in a better situation than San Antonio for professional & personal development. Hopefully Kawhi will start to take more of a leadership role and help mold some of the youngins'
    Hopefully we can angle to get Okafor to team up with these two, and lead us as the new Big Three

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shut up got, he'll play whatever position we need him to play. Quit your in' and be happy that your team has a young, talented prospect to develop.
    you an owner or coach?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope the kids is hitting the weight room he looks like he can get some playing time I like the kids he got some handles and he has the desire to get better.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I see of him the more I like. Think this kid is going to be a terror paired with Kawhi.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I see of him the more I like. Think this kid is going to be a terror paired with Kawhi.
    Don't even put guys out there for the other three positions, then. They will be known as Ballstop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tholdren again so bitter. Don't know how you can be a fan and still be this bitter. The Spurs are getting younger and now Pop has to coach.
    He's not much of a fan since he's going to quit watching the Spurs/NBA once Manu retires (his words). After that he'll spend the rest of his days watching Manu highlights while listening to Sinead O'Connor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not much of a fan since he's going to quit watching the Spurs/NBA once Manu retires (his words). After that he'll spend the rest of his days watching Manu highlights while listening to Sinead O'Connor.
    Quit watching the Spurs after Manu retires? Player fan? Wow. I am one of the biggest Tim fans of all times and he is my fave player ever and our franchises best by a mile IMO (Sorry D Rob you were great but Tim is Tim), but he is retired and this is my fave team so I am sticking with them through thick and thin from here on out. Spurs forever, this player fan .

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Is this the first non-socially awkward black Spur they've ever drafted?
    Is Kyle socially awkward or not black?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Kyle socially awkward or not black?
    forgot about that dufus.. but yeah, he's your typical Spurs uncle tom he doesn't count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real sad... iden y should be secondary to become a spurs player. What's the need for iden y if your team doesn't win?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real sad... iden y should be secondary to become a spurs player. What's the need for iden y if your team doesn't win?
    Yeah, because we all know that Tim, Manu, Tony and Kawhi all changed their iden ies to become Spurs...

#SMH. First you post and article after his second game in SL -- a month old. Second, you construe the article's meaning to be about Murry and the Spurs' culture rather than him trying to figure out how to fit his play style with teammates he's barely played with. Third, you act like your interpretation of him is a bad thing.

The Spurs "system" is the gestalt of all the individual iden ies of their players. It's not the result of those guys abnegating those iden ies. That's the reason why corporate knowledge is so valued. And it's also the reason why the offense can flow through so many different stars over the years. And given the current state of the team, the Spurs definitely don't need another guy who defers to others rather than stepping up. Guys like Joseph and Hill aren't going to consistently win games if they can't show more than bursts of assertion.

Frankly, I hope Murray's at ude rubs off on Anderson and the other young'uns. The Spurs desperately need people to step up when their number is called rather than trying not just be one of the guys.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You completely misunderstood the whole "Getting over themselves" concept

Thread Information