Page 76 of 134 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 3328
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Counting stats without context are irrelevant. Murray still has a long ways to go to get his efficiency to a reasonable level.

I still don't like White coming off the bench (once fully healthy) tbh. If he ever returns to bubble-White then he's the best player on the team. Also Murray and White are being paid as though their the starting backcourt of the future, they'll have to gain experience playing together even if it's a bit awkward on the court. Walker's likely future role is going to be a microwave scorer on the bench, might as well get him experience in that role too.

Murray-White-Johnson-DeRozan-Aldridge
    Mills-Vassell-Walker-Gay-Poeltl
    Yeah and this isn't a Parker/Ginobili scenario, where the former was a star who could serve as the lone perimeter initiator in the starting lineup. Post DeRozan, Murray/White need to start.

If Johnson can become a star and Murray can make another leap offensively, at that point White could serve as a Ginobili esque 6th man (pushing 30 mpg and closing), while Vassell starts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Season Player Age Tm Lg Pos G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
    2006-07 TP3 24 SAS NBA PG 77 77 32.5 7.4 14.2 0.52 0.2 0.5 0.395 7.2 13.7 0.525 0.527 3.6 4.5 0.783 0.4 2.8 3.2 5.5 1.1 0.1 2.5 1.8 18.6
    2020-21 Dejounte 24 SAS NBA PG 16 16 30.5 6.1 13.6 0.452 1 3.3 0.302 5.1 10.3 0.5 0.488 1.6 1.9 0.806 0.8 6.1 6.9 5.1 1.4 0.1 1.7 2.1 14.8

The numbers keep rising for DJ. It's almost matching / exceeding TP3's numbers at the same age of 24.
    I was surprise that his per 36 numbers were similar to his 2nd year in the league. That shows that he had kept the consistency despite more play time the major distinct stat is actually a significant drop in his TO which is good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where does this idea that players BBIQ isn't something that improves come from? It's just not true. How many times have you seen a coach talking about a 2nd or 3ed year guy saying "the game has slowed down for him"? The improvement comes from 5 on 5 floor time with appropriate level athletes; you get a feel for what you can expect the opposition and your team mates can (and will) do...
    yeah but not in the offseason

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Counting stats without context are irrelevant. Murray still has a long ways to go to get his efficiency to a reasonable level.

Yeah and this isn't a Parker/Ginobili scenario, where the former was a star who could serve as the lone perimeter initiator in the starting lineup. Post DeRozan, Murray/White need to start.

If Johnson can become a star and Murray can make another leap offensively, at that point White could serve as a Ginobili esque 6th man (pushing 30 mpg and closing), while Vassell starts.
    I think Murray and White still have a ways to reaching their full offensive potential. Murray needing to up his FT rate and 3pt rate while improving his percentages from each. Johnson could also stand to do both while also developing more of an in-between game when he can't barrel to the rim. Those are all reasonable things that they can improve upon. White, assuming he's the same player he was in the bubble, would likely still be the best of the three and should fit well with them in the SL.

There were injury concerns that played into Manu coming off the bench. Playing Manu 27 mpg vs. 33 mpg did a lot to help elongate his career, and one could argue that Pop should give White the same treatment given White's foot issues but benching your best/ most complete player is hard to justify.

Vassell does make sense as a starter as a 3 and D type, but assuming Murray, White, and Johnson are all starters going forward, then he'd have to start alongside them with KJ as the four. Otherwise, both he and Walker would project as key bench players.
    Last edited by cd021; 01-29-2021 at 02:53 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Murray and White still have a ways to reaching their full offensive potential. Murray needing to up his FT rate and 3pt rate while improving his percentages from each. Johnson could also stand to do both while also developing more of an in-between game when he can't barrel to the rim. Those are all reasonable things that they can improve upon. White, assuming he's the same player he was in the bubble, would likely still be the best of the three and should fit well with them in the SL.

There were injury concerns that played into Manu coming off the bench. Playing Manu 27 mpg vs. 33 mpg did a lot to help elongate his career, and one could argue that Pop should give White the same treatment given White's foot issues but benching your best/ most complete player is hard to justify.

Vassell does make sense as a starter as a 3 and D type, but assuming Murray, White, and Johnson are all starters going forward, then he'd have to start alongside them with KJ as the four. Otherwise, both he and Walker would project as key bench players.
    That's now though. White as Ginobili esque 6th man is obviously mostly dependant on Johnson developing into a go-to guy. Despite lacking his basketball IQ, it's he who probably has the higher upside given the fact that he's 5+ years younger and already not that much worse.

White's malleability is his greatest strength. He also appears to have the temperment to accept a 6th man role. Either way, it's probably best he run the second unit, but if he pulls double duty, he'd have to average an amount of minutes I'm not sure he's built for or they'd be comfortable with.

Vassell has the potential to be an elite 3 and D wing. His skillset would be largely wasted playing sparingly with and against the majority of front line talent.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, that was a quiet 26!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, that was a quiet 26!
    We're getting used to DJM pkaying well. ��

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're getting used to DJM pkaying well. ��
    This

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the leader

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His shots are getting money. And his crossovers are nasty. DJ has continually transcended his game. He looked like a better player than the other Murray out there, albeit Jamal was a little banged up at the end of a 5 games on the road. Still DJ looked gooood. Damn. He would be an All-Star if he continues.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His shots are getting money. And his crossovers are nasty. DJ has continually transcended his game. He looked like a better player than the other Murray out there, albeit Jamal was a little banged up at the end of a 5 games on the road. Still DJ looked gooood. Damn. He would be an All-Star if he continues.
    I would love to see that, but the 1st all star slot the Spurs get would definitely go to DDR. But DJM is balling. His mid range pull up is starting to look like Kawhi’s. So smooth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The most important area of improvement is his decision making. He's the pg, he should average more than 5 assists per game, so far so good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The most important area of improvement is his decision making. He's the pg, he should average more than 5 assists per game
    Nope. That's not how our system goes. Those are just counting stats. Means nothing to people who actually watch the Spurs play. If our offense revolved around him a la Westbrook style, you'd probably see those numbers. We have 2+ ball handlers sharing the duties at any given time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m glad PATFO listened to my advice and was patient with Murray after his rough outing last year. It was easy during the off-season to just say to trade him and he wasn’t worth the contract, but I said be patient, you can’t judge him his first year back off injury. It always takes 2 years to really get in a groove off a torn ACL

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m glad PATFO listened to my advice and was patient with Murray after his rough outing last year. It was easy during the off-season to just say to trade him and he wasn’t worth the contract, but I said be patient, you can’t judge him his first year back off injury. It always takes 2 years to really get in a groove off a torn ACL
    Yeah I’ve been saying to trade him for a while. I think him packaged with Demar can get us Randle/filler and a pick swap. He has no brains. He has no feel for the game. He can learn things for sure but not enough for it to matter for us. His defense is trash (and that’s all Pop’s fault) and he needs to relearn how to play defense. It’s better to trade Murray for both him and us. We need him to be Danny Green. Murray will never want to be Danny Green or really is suited to be Danny. But he CAN’T play point guard. The dude can’t dribble, penetrate the defense, pass in traffic, or set up teammates. It sucks that we handled his development so bad and that he got injured, but we whiffed in him as a player and us as management to his career.
    What a clown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lmaooooooo WTF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rankingtear to KobesAchilles:

Me:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry I don’t use blue font. But the sarcasm was heavily implied

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    future All-Star. Like I said he's baby Westbrook and he'll probably become a better player than him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    future All-Star. Like I said he's baby Westbrook and he'll probably become a better player than him
    i’ve always though of him this way. He just needs to unleash abit more of that Westbrook mentality. As much as Pop frustrates me in recent years he has a great ability to develop PGs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to see that, but the 1st all star slot the Spurs get would definitely go to DDR. But DJM is balling. His mid range pull up is starting to look like Kawhi’s. So smooth.
    Yup, and hes becoming a really good pocket picker like kawhi was as a spur.

we're seeing it quite frequently. i love it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say DJ continues his trajectory and becomes our first star...

Keldon becomes our second...

our third? White?

Thread Information