Page 78 of 134 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 3328
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chills. who needs a nephew when you have a son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST Quote of the Year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s the.only one of the US first round draftees in the last 5 years that comes from a fatherless home. He would probably gravitate towards that father figure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s the.only one of the US first round draftees in the last 5 years that comes from a fatherless home. He would probably gravitate towards that father figure.
    Not to mention, his biological father starts a lot of drama on Twitter about his son.

New nickname for DJ: "Son"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ. I’m the first to apologize I criticized this kid because he talks too much about his game. But he backs it up. He will be the next All Star of the youngsters. Book it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ. I’m the first to apologize I criticized this kid because he talks too much about his game. But he backs it up. He will be the next All Star of the youngsters. Book it!
    He already has the second most followers on social media among Spurs players. Over LMA. Over Rudy Gay. He can become that if he continues to elevate his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great stuff. Would love to know what DJs 3PT% is when shooting late in the clock/game? It sure seems like he hits a high percentage.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props to Dejounte for another really nice game. He's really coming into his own as a player.

But still the only thing I see - raised value. I still think we'd be better off trading him, and staying on the tankwagon for one last season. The Spurs are truly looking like they're one major piece away - in part, due to DJ balling out, of course, but it'll also mean that the team won't tank and will try to roll with what they have, perhaps even re-signing DD and/or LMA just to "keep the ship steady". I don't think we have a championship core foundation as of yet - but a top lottery prospect added to this current core, now THAT'S a future contending team.

I'd field calls on Murray at the trade deadline if I were the Spurs. Of course, you don't trade him for peanuts, but a good package with a young prospect and a pick or two, yeah.... I still don't see DJ having elevated his game to "untochable" status. Might be an unpopular opinion after a big win, but alas.
    You must be joking...no team with DDR and LMA as it's foundation will EVER contend...no matter who is added to it...they need to be traded ASAP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is Murray our actual Luke Skywalker? Our actual New Hope? The one to beat Darth Vader (Nephew)? Not Lonnie? Not Keldon? Murray?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You must be joking...no team with DDR and LMA as it's foundation will EVER contend...no matter who is added to it...they need to be traded ASAP
    not even if you add your so beloved nephew to it? huh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mamba mentality. I expect him to be even bigger next year with stronger body. Then will see him finish strong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, he is really valuable for the PG position... But the Spurs shouldn't exactly be trying to stay afloat, especially if they're trading him. I'm actually a bit bittersweet about this recent success the Spurs have been achieving: on the one hand, it's great to see young players improve, establish themselves, and generally look like positives and maybe even future building blocks. But on the other, it gives a false hope of contention that might shift the FO away from better long-term strategies in search of short-term success.

At their core, I truly think the Spurs are a centerpiece away. Not a piece away, like a Collins or Allen or whichever big man - but a centerpiece, someone who can elevate the entire team, be the focus of an offense night-in, night-out, dictate the pace of the game, and close out games as the star of the team. White is that man some days, but he's both inconsistent and far too fragile to be considered a "centerpiece"; Keldon looks to be developing in that direction, but I still don't think he'll ever reach those heights, since he lacks court vision and distribution instincts that help other star wings (see: Tatum) be the centerpiece of their team's offense. At his absolute peak, I see Keldon as a star, a great two-way player that can score on demand whilst also defending the other team's best wing. But not a Doncic type of player.

So, from this perspective, losing DJ at the middle of the season (which would naturally push the Spurs towards the bottom of the ranks) would not be a bad thing at all. Moreso, his value is unlikely to be higher than it is right now - he's a year removed from injury, looking better than ever, and leading the team. Unless the Spurs FO really think they can develop him into something "else" than what he is right now, the right move would be selling high on him after having rehabbed his value.

...for the record, though, this is never going to happen. I acknowledge this. Doesn't mean I agree with it, but the Spurs are very clearly aiming for one last playoff push in this Pop era.
    U are overrating White ...there is never a time when he plays like the centerpiece for a championship team...jesus christ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's baby Westbrook, but with better defense, a better jump shot and better IQ. I'm pretty sure he has a chance to make All-Defensive first team this year

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray game saddens some guys here, me and probably two or three more posters were the only fans since day 1 who didn't jump off the boat or claimed that he was hindering the development of white and walker (laughable).
    Sad part is it seems like more are starting to fade on KJ as well. He is going to be good as well. He has more people backing him but they seem to be fading. I was with Murray from the beginning and Will be with KJ through it as well. I was also not big on lonnie (but still hopping I am wrong on it).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know how much more muscles he can add more, but he is getting stronger. He has Mamba mentality that he wants to be better than anybody in the court, and carry the team, and is working hard to do that. I doubted and frustrated that he should just shut up and put up. But DJ is shutting everybody up.
    That's not mamba mentality...kobe didn't trademark wanting to be the best...that was a thing way before anyone knew kobe...let's not make future generations that don't know about basketball think that is solely a kobe thing...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's noticeable improvement in his game. There's still turnovers and the occasional dumb/inopportune iso but overall the good has easily outweighed the bad.

Keep improving.
    He rarely turns the ball over...these old narratives need to die... Off the top of my head he averages just over 1 per game...what do u want him to have? Zero turnovers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. Probaboy not even then. No spacing whatsoever and terrible defense from those 2 combined.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even...DDR is literally a negative impact player...he would his pants at the sight of any legitimate contender in the playoffs...he did so in his prime, it would be worse now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is not a ing DeMar DeRozan thread, you obsessed ing maniac.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Franchise

We all saw the raw athleticism and desire to BE GREAT. It was a Kawhi starter kit. Just a matter of time with coaching development and work with Chip to materialize on the floor.

He’s got the tools and desire to be best overall Point Guard in the league. San Antonio was the best possible destination for him professionally and personal development wise. You love to root for someone like him.

He’s steady improving and no where near his ceiling still. Happy he’s a Spur!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is not a ing DeMar DeRozan thread, you obsessed ing maniac.
    Asshole...I didn't bring him up you hillbilly dumb ...I was responding to someone that brought him up... you tell HIM it isn't a DeMar thread... ing trailer park raised stalker...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information