Page 83 of 134 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 3328
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always called him baby Westbrook ever since we drafted him. He will be better than Westbrook ever was

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing is, White had a steal within the last few games, recognized the defender had the advantage, turned sideways to get the defender on his back, and used the rim to protect his shot, and made the basket. Chris Paul leads the NBA in steals. YOU DO NOT SHOW HIM THE BALL. It was a dumb, y low IQ play.

I don’t hate the Spurs or DJ, I just don’t drink the kool aid that he’s great. He isn’t. He puts up counting stats, which apparently pleases the fanboys, but he’s not efficient. His only saving graceis that he doesn’t completely dominate the ball, and plays All D level defense.

Our margin of error between wins and loses is razor thin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing is, White had a steal within the last few games, recognized the defender had the advantage, turned sideways to get the defender on his back, and used the rim to protect his shot, and made the basket. Chris Paul leads the NBA in steals. YOU DO NOT SHOW HIM THE BALL. It was a dumb, y low IQ play.

I don’t hate the Spurs or DJ, I just don’t drink the kool aid that he’s great. He isn’t. He puts up counting stats, which apparently pleases the fanboys, but he’s not efficient. His only saving graceis that he doesn’t completely dominate the ball, and plays All D level defense.

Caruso leads the league in steals. Put some respekt on Alex Caruso’s name. Chris Paul is up there though. Tied with a fella named Dejounte Murray. He might not be a super star but he does many important things pretty well on both sides of the ball and continues to improve. Derek White appears to have a pretty high BB IQ which is a big reason reason he is in the league but the Derek vs DJ argument needs to be retired.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one says he’s perfect, but if he’s able to get spurs into play in while keeping this up, I think he gets some MIP buzz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

nobody is saying he’s one of the best players in the league, but he’s on the way to become great. One more offseason and he‘ll be a beast if he keeps improving

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol @ his only saving grace. Dude is a late first round pick who has worked his ass off to be a pretty damn good point guard. Save that "only saving grace" bull for players who aren't on his level.

The problem is and always will be that people here thought Parker sucked, so of course here comes DJM who is a pretty damn good guard in his own right but will never be fully appreciated here. DJM could very well go on and have a Kyle Lowery type of career and I won't be surprised. He's never going to lead a team to a championship barring some amazing further leap, but he's more than good enough to be a 2nd or 3rd option if the Spurs can find an actual franchise player.

Only saving grace, FOH.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I had not been a fan of his until these last 2 season, he has been improving on lots of things that were weakness at the start of his career, handling, playmaking, 3 ptrs he might not have natural basketball talent but he is sure nurturing his basketball skill set to the point that he was in the conversation of MIP candidate for 2 consecutive years. If our every single picks improve as much as him, we will have a very good team in a couple of years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Caruso leads the league in steals. Put some respekt on Alex Caruso’s name. Chris Paul is up there though. Tied with a fella named Dejounte Murray. He might not be a super star but he does many important things pretty well on both sides of the ball and continues to improve. Derek White appears to have a pretty high BB IQ which is a big reason reason he is in the league but the Derek vs DJ argument needs to be retired.

If Manu vs Parker argument persist for almost their whole career, ST will not cease to argue on White vs DjM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sean mentioned it before the PHO game telecast. Information is a perishable commodity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sean mentioned it before the PHO game telecast. Information is a perishable commodity.
    Haha I was just clowning man. I think you are too hard on DJ is all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had not been a fan of his until these last 2 season, he has been improving on lots of things that were weakness at the start of his career, handling, playmaking, 3 ptrs he might not have natural basketball talent but he is sure nurturing his basketball skill set to the point that he was in the conversation of MIP candidate for 2 consecutive years. If our every single picks improve as much as him, we will have a very good team in a couple of years.
    He’s got a lot of basketball talent, he just isn’t a natural PG. He finally can run a pick and roll, but that’s one teammate, moving parallel who just needs a simple bounce pass. Sean is constantly mentioning him missing teammates on the perimeter, and even Fab had the telestrator fired up last night, circling 3 guys open on the arc, as DJ did his best DeRozan impersonation of dribbling around to no purpose, and then jacking up a mid range.

He needs to understand that when we get down double digits, there isn’t a universe where he can put us on his back and score enough to close that gap. When he has the ball, he either needs to go all the way to the cup, or recognize that if he can’t, someone has dropped down, there is a man open, and find that man. Three pointers are how you close that kind of a gap. The mid range game is marginal at the best of times, and a losing proposition when down that much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When a person’a made up their mind about somebody, it’s finished. People need to stop arguing with this guy, it’s a waste of energy. Let him waste his energy for all the years Murray will continue to remain a Spur and he’ll still be here as the old man saying to himself, “That’s not my PG.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When a person’a made up their mind about somebody, it’s finished. People need to stop arguing with this guy, it’s a waste of energy. Let him waste his energy for all the years Murray will continue to remain a Spur and he’ll still be here as the old man saying to himself, “That’s not my PG.”
    Wait, didn’t you break up with your GF Dejounte a year or two ago, to the point of wanting your username changed?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s got a lot of basketball talent, he just isn’t a natural PG. He finally can run a pick and roll, but that’s one teammate, moving parallel who just needs a simple bounce pass. Sean is constantly mentioning him missing teammates on the perimeter, and even Fab had the telestrator fired up last night, circling 3 guys open on the arc, as DJ did his best DeRozan impersonation of dribbling around to no purpose, and then jacking up a mid range.

He needs to understand that when we get down double digits, there isn’t a universe where he can put us on his back and score enough to close that gap. When he has the ball, he either needs to go all the way to the cup, or recognize that if he can’t, someone has dropped down, there is a man open, and find that man. Three pointers are how you close that kind of a gap. The mid range game is marginal at the best of times, and a losing proposition when down that much.
    I do not know what is the skill set requires from a PG is any more he might not be a great playmaker but I do not thumb him down as a PG. For your info the greatest PG of the Spurs in the modern NBA average lesser assist than this seasons DjM in his best season. Do you call him a non natural PG?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do not know what is the skill set requires from a PG is any more he might not be a great playmaker but I do not thumb him down as a PG. For your info the greatest PG of the Spurs in the modern NBA average lesser assist than this seasons DjM in his best season. Do you call him a non natural PG?
    Again, with the counting stats. APG is no more relevant than PPG. It doesn’t provide context as to pace of the team, or role of the player. Parker had 3 seasons with an AST% over 40. Dejountes 1/4 season this year is 37, and is much higher than his other years, so we’ll have to wait and see what he finishes with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, didn’t you break up with your GF Dejounte a year or two ago, to the point of wanting your username changed?
    Miss me with that weak ass high school insult. Didn’t know it was a ing child I was dealing with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Long rant. sorry

Dejounte has really improved this year. The thing is that he started from literally the bottom that all of this improvement still means he has a more to go. I mean the dude couldn't dribble the ball and was shooting 15 foot floaters his rookie year. Now he can dribble the ball and has a 15 foot jumper! That's major improvement.

sadly though he still can't really dribble the ball up to the standards of a starting point guard. He has improved to where he is like a C+ for a PG, but he was at like a F- so that shows he has been working on his game. The next step is to be able to consistently get into the paint and keep his dribble alive as he probes around for an opening. It's weird to say bc both Parker and Manu were A+ dribblers. Strickland might've been the best if you want to go that far back and even AJ was a great dribbler that I took dribbling for granted. I really did. Nobody on our team is an A dribbler. It's not even really dejounte's fault but youth all across America are being taught incorrectly. I've seen it where people are focused on teaching the dumbest dribbling skills instead of focusing on what can actually be used in a game. We need that Demathis High School dribbling class.

The thing that people don't quite get for all the DJ needs to get his teammates involved talk is that he had a part of his game completely taken out and it's a big part of the game. Throwing the ball into the post (I know he isn't the best post inbound passer) is such a luxury to have as a guard and when you don't have it then the game becomes alot more tiring. You have to run a lot more, you have to have a lot more responsibility, and the only way to really get your teammates involved is if you yourself make those passes that exstatic is ing about. Tony Parker didn't have to make those passes ALL the time. He was capable of it for sure. But Manu could make it, Diaw could make it, and Tim could make those passes. Exstatic is mad at that and Sean might be pointing them out, but that's only bc nobody else is going to bee able to make that play/pass.

Dejounte also has improved his lay up technique. He has a nice sneaky lay up that he craftily gets past the big man. It's really just come down to his dribbling thhough. He isn't good enough to know what to do when the lane is crowded. he doesn't have that reliable roll guy to dump the pass to the way Tony did with Tim/Splitter and AJ had with Dave or Strickland with mings. When Poeltl is your best option on the dump pass in the paint you are ed.

I'm not even looking at DJ's shooting percentages this year. I just want him shooting 5+ three balls a game. He could go 0-7 and I would love it. And to his credit he really has upped his 3FGA by a lot. The low free throws though again comes from his poor dribbling skills. Every guard who gets to the line consistently is an advanced dribbler. Curry, Kyrie, Harden, Tre, CP3. But that Derrick White move that exstatic brought up is just kinda learned through time. One day the game slows down and you just kinda know what to do. DJ isn't there yet. But I actually think this isn't his ceiling. I believe I was wrong about the dude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miss me with that weak ass high school insult. Didn’t know it was a ing child I was dealing with.
    Haha I think “miss me, miss me, now you gotta kiss me” would have been a more appropriate rebuttal.

ex what’s it going to take for you to change your tune on admitting DJ is a pretty damn good, near AS level player?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, yes then?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha I think “miss me, miss me, now you gotta kiss me” would have been a more appropriate rebuttal.

ex what’s it going to take for you to change your tune on admitting DJ is a pretty damn good, near AS level player?
    What’s it going to take for you to understand that I really like him as a player,just not running point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s it going to take for you to understand that I really like him as a player,just not running point?
    I truthfully didn’t know that was your opinion. I don’t follow the back and forth that closely just see you constantly nitpicking at DJ (the player not the poster) without that context. I’d have no problem with DJ playing the off guard position if we brought in a more capable point. He does so much out there that I think he could thrive as a 2 also. The PG spot is pretty low on the areas we need to address however IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre is your prototypical PG, and plays the PG every time he’s with DJ on the court. DJ is more of a combo.
    Likewise the ball goes to Derrick instead to DJ whenever they’re playing together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre is your prototypical PG, and plays the PG every time he’s with DJ on the court. DJ is more of a combo.
    Likewise the ball goes to Derrick instead to DJ whenever they’re playing together.
    “Every time”? “Whenever they’re playing together”? This simply isn’t true. God damn we have a lot of stupid people on this board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6th in Assists
    2nd among starting PGs in assist to turnover ratio , only Chris Paul is better
    11th among all NBA players in assist to turnover ratio

spurstalkers: b-b-b-but he’s not a PG

Y‘all dumb as

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6th in Assists
    2nd among starting PGs in assist to turnover ratio , only Chris Paul is better
    11th among all NBA players in assist to turnover ratio

spurstalkers: b-b-b-but he’s not a PG

Y‘all dumb as
    Counting stats are for Boomers and casuals.

Thread Information