Page 86 of 108 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2681
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously what is this kids ceiling? Also who would you compare him to if you could? He’s becoming elite on both sides of the ball. Also his BBIQ has improved exponentially. Literally just turned 25, this kid might get his jersey retired, get him some help!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't give a about triple doubles, they are overrated and pretty much a non-factor on today's NBA. Specially on PGs that cheat to get cheap rebounds like DJ does.

I need Murray to start being more efficiently offensively or else he will end up a poor man's Russell Westbrook. At least on offense. On defense he's already miles better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't give a about triple doubles, they are overrated and pretty much a non-factor on today's NBA. Specially on PGs that cheat to get cheap rebounds like DJ does.

I need Murray to start being more efficiently offensively or else he will end up a poor man's Russell Westbrook. At least on offense. On defenses s he's already miles shots and could be that guy. better.
    When Magic was logging in triple doubles, the Lakers were at the top of their game. Magic was rim running, distributing, and scoring. I’m not saying DJM is anything close to Magic, but if he plays this way, it’s infectious for the rest of the team to also get better. Ideally DJM needs a Robin who can take the offensive pressure off him, and consistently score even more than DJM. Devin is a natural scorer with his sweet shots and could be that guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember the idiots here who suggested the kid had no work ethic, from the amount of posts on HIS instagram, old times, at least a few of us have been since day one in the movement.

Formerly Spurs21
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I need Murray to start being more efficiently offensively or else he will end up a poor man's Russell Westbrook. At least on offense. On defense he's already miles better.
    I hate cheaters that cheat to get rebounds! Cheater, cheater pumpkin eaters!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Djm does not go after cheap rebounds. That's just wrong. Does he get open rebounds? Of course, every player does occasionally. But we don't put djm on the lane for rebounds during free throws and then make his teammates get out of the way. Acting like djms rebounding numbers are artificially inflated is ridiculous.

It's amazing the lengths people will go to not give this kid props. Poor mama Westbrook? How stupid are people that they think thats what this kid is (or that being compared to Westbrook is even a bad thing).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Djm does not go after cheap rebounds. That's just wrong. Does he get open rebounds? Of course, every player does occasionally. But we don't put djm on the lane for rebounds during free throws and then make his teammates get out of the way. Acting like djms rebounding numbers are artificially inflated is ridiculous.

It's amazing the lengths people will go to not give this kid props. Poor mama Westbrook? How stupid are people that they think thats what this kid is (or that being compared to Westbrook is even a bad thing).
    Agreed. DJ has been an elite rebounder since he was a rookie. It was literally his first, and at the time ONLY NBA skill.

Formerly Spurs21
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It’s not even constructive criticism from the haters. It’s just foolishness….

He cheats to get rebounds! He only passes the ball to get assists! He opens his eyes during marco polo… CHEATER STAT PADDER! IG Baller.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He cheats to get rebounds! He only passes the ball to get assists! He opens his eyes during marco polo… CHEATER STAT PADDER! IG Baller.
    He also shoots just to get points and play defense just to get steals and deflections, get on the floor just to get mins and compete just to get win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The whole Westbrook comparison reeks of laziness and poor knowledge of basketball overall. WB is a bowling ball with no brains while DJ picks his spots. They’re nothing alike stylistically. But let these fools wank over FG% and think that’s the only way to compare players.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 01-20-2022 at 09:16 AM.

Formerly Spurs21
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The whole Westbrook comparison reeks of laziness and poor knowledge of basketball overall. WB is a bowling ball with no brains while DJ picks his spots. They’re nothing alike stylistically. But let these fools wank over FG% and think that’s the only way to compare players.
    Not to mention Russ’ D is horrible.

Formerly Spurs21
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention Russ’ D is horrible despite a considerable athletic advantage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the triple doubles. That's it. Lazy af.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there really is nobody that you can compare DJ to. The scary thing is he can be even better by just shooting better percentages and getting to the line more often.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He plays nothing like Westbrook and makes far better decisions with the ball and I’m not seeing where he’s chasing stats at all. He’s also 2 years away from his prime and it’s looking more like he can reach that all NBA level. As I said from early on in his career that he has the toughness you see in the elite star players but his game wasn’t mature enough to play at that level. Nevertheless, he has made incredible strides from shooting, play making and leadership. Sky is the limit for his ceiling.

Formerly Spurs21
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can’t believe he passed the ball between his legs. Just a selfish stat padder looking to make sports center. IG baller.

okay now back to reality…

He is making everyone around him better. Not all NBA players, not seasoned vets, but pretty average NBA players are better playing with him. Surround DJ with a better supporting cast and you are on your way to something special.

Can you imagine DJ with a rim runner (Mo Bamba could be had cheap) and a sharp shooter ala Buddy Hield. That is low hanging fruit if we can score big in the next few lotteries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray plays way better defense than Westbrook ever did. So that's a plus for him. That being said though, he can improve still and that is the scary part. If hiss handles get tighter, if he develops a go to move, if he learns the offense better. These are all things that he could improve on and if he does then he would be a top 5 PG in the league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Formerly Spurs21
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray plays way better defense than Westbrook ever did. So that's a plus for him. That being said though, he can improve still and that is the scary part. If hiss handles get tighter, if he develops a go to move, if he learns the offense better. These are all things that he could improve on and if he does then he would be a top 5 PG in the league
    Steph
    Luka
    Dame
    Irving
    Trae
    Ja
    CP3
    DJ

Most of those guys are average to bad defenders. DJ can get to the rack and finish at will but is still balancing calling his own name with team basketball. If he can improve his 3ball, he will be top 5 no doubt. We have an all NBA player in the coming years and I’m confident in that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steph
    Luka
    Dame
    Irving
    Trae
    Ja
    CP3
    DJ

Most of those guys are average to bad defenders. DJ can get to the rack and finish at will but is still balancing calling his own name with team basketball. If he can improve his 3ball, he will be top 5 no doubt. We have an all NBA player in the coming years and I’m confident in that.
    It's unfair to label Luka a PG tbh. Also Irving sucks. Dude has played one game this year. Also Dame is done for the year and he sucks too. The media just hasn't paid any attention to it bc he is living in Portland. Dude has turned into an overrated chucker shooting 40%.

Next year I see it as
    Ja
    Steph
    Trae
    Ball
    Murray

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He does cheat to get rebounds. Unless you are a guy like Doncic that plays PG on offense and forward on defense, if you are getting around 10 rebounds per game, you are hunting for them, grabing rebounds that your teammates could have had. It isn't that big of a deal (proving that you are not leaving your guy open to go after rebounds), but it isn't a difference maker for your team either. The rebounds that make a difference are those contested ones. The type of rebounds that bigmen get.

And relax, I'm not taking anything away from Murray. There's nothing I'd like more than for him to become a mega-super-duper star. I'm just stating something that I think should be pretty obvious for NBA and Spurs fans now: guards grabbing rebounds isn't a difference maker, and Murray needs to work on that offensive efficiency. I don't see how that's hating on the guy.

Also, yeah, if you are ever serious about winning, being Westbrook-lite isn't ideal.

Formerly Spurs21
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He does cheat to get rebounds. Unless you are a guy like Doncic that plays PG on offense and forward on defense, if you are getting around 10 rebounds per game, you are hunting for them, grabing rebounds that your teammates could have had. It isn't that big of a deal (proving that you are not leaving your guy open to go after rebounds), but it isn't a difference maker for your team either. The rebounds that make a difference are those contested ones. The type of rebounds that bigmen get.

And relax, I'm not taking anything away from Murray. There's nothing I'd like more than for him to become a mega-super-duper star. I'm just stating something that I think should be pretty obvious for NBA and Spurs fans now: guards grabbing rebounds isn't a difference maker, and Murray needs to work on that offensive efficiency. I don't see how that's hating on the guy.

Also, yeah, if you are ever serious about winning, being Westbrook-lite isn't ideal.
    Imagine this guy as your teammate. Hey Kev stop getting my rebounds! I’m the big man and you are just a guard!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine this guy as your teammate. Hey Kev stop getting my rebounds! I’m the big man and you are just a guard!
    Spurs fans are funny. You are like little kids. When Westbrook does it you'd be like "hahaha, look at that clown, hunting for rebounds. Pathetic" but as soon as one of our guys does it's all "wow, what a beast. We have our own triple double machine"

Here, I leave you some articles about the relative importance of triple-doubles.
    https://sites.northwestern.edu/nuspo...stical-causes/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/primeti...overrated/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/globaln...n-the-nba/amp/

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Do you have any actual evidence of his “cheating” to get rebounds? I haven’t seen anything like that from Murray. He’s always been a great rebounder. That’s due to his very long reach, effort, and lack of rebounding big men on the roster, not cheating.

Formerly Spurs21
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you have any actual evidence of his “cheating” to get rebounds? I haven’t seen anything like that from Murray. He’s always been a great rebounder. That’s due to his very long reach, effort, and lack of rebounding big men on the roster, not cheating.

He has been on record saying as a kid hooping with much older guys the only way he could get the ball was to steal it from them or hustle to get rebounds and loose balls. DAF86, as a child himself should understand.

Thread Information