Page 126 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 3328
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wouldn’t resign anyway, PATFO did the right move.
    It has been loosely reported on that the Spurs were unlikely to resign him at what his likely market value would be. The notion he wasn't going to resign at all is fallacious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wouldn’t resign anyway, PATFO did the right move.
    Not disputing that they were right to trade him but the situation with him signing an extension are more complicated. He wouldn’t sign the max extension the Spurs could offer because his current contract is too low so a 20% raise wouldn’t have been enough, however they could have maxed him if they wanted to once the contract is up. They simply decided he wouldn’t be worth it, which is a fair assumption.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It has been loosely reported on that the Spurs were unlikely to resign him at what his likely market value would be. The notion he wasn't going to resign at all is fallacious.
    I'm fine with all parties deciding what they did and how it went down.
    No problem whatsoever.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs did the right thing and I understand a part of Murray being upset with their decision, but it'd also be nice if one time when ones of these clowns bashed them, they didn't do their usual song and dance and shunned them all the way around (even though we know it'll never happen).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone catch the vid? How was it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone catch the vid? How was it?
    It was pretty standard for tribute videos. Reception was pretty luke warm. More applause than boos but not an overwhelming show of appreciation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was pretty standard for tribute videos. Reception was pretty luke warm. More applause than boos but not an overwhelming show of appreciation.
    Wow. And some peeps think this dude was integral to Pop getting the All-Time Wins.
    Show some respect!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. And some peeps think this dude was integral to Pop getting the All-Time Wins.
    Show some respect!
    Tim Duncan was integral to Pop getting the All Time wins mark.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan was integral to Pop getting the All Time wins mark.
    To say the least.
    I get that sometimes peeps want to antagonize, but then I'm just like - Why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indifference.. no love lost

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Derrick White get a better reception on his first game back? I can't remember.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Derrick White get a better reception on his first game back? I can't remember.
    Yup. I thought Derrick reception was full of gra ude, thankful, humbled by the opportunity. You’d want to root for him. On the otherhand, wannabe diva was more like beating his chest, self-acknowledgment. It’s me stares at the ball. Pretty shallow tribute, just dunk highlights, nothing deep.. meh.

Last edited by John B; 03-20-2023 at 12:48 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks a lot for the videos. I did like Derrick better on a personal level, but Dejounte was/is the better player. He just doesn't have the best at ude that endears him to fans/people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray
    killing your franchise for a borderline all star
    play in champion contender
    Spurs knew what they were doing getting rid of this bum
    hawks didn’t improve with him
    overrated

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray
    killing your franchise for a borderline all star
    play in champion contender
    Spurs knew what they were doing getting rid of this bum
    hawks didn’t improve with him
    overrated
    Murray probably the only thing keeping the Hawks from being in on the tank tbh

I was upset we didn't get deandre hunter in the deal but now I see why we didn't

Capela is a s of himself and he was pretty much a s to start with

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starts for 3 years with support being Pets Patty Bryn Bryn and muh touches LMA. Lets see wtf you do playing along side that lineup.

Helps get the true goal of Grandpas self adjulating All Time Wins Record while mirrored in no playoffs or Play In at best.

Yes the bagging on the Spurs with Slacker Jackson was super lame. DJs still immature.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starts for 3 years with support being Pets Patty Bryn Bryn and muh touches LMA. Lets see wtf you do playing along side that lineup.

Helps get the true goal of Grandpas self adjulating All Time Wins Record while mirrored in no playoffs or Play In at best.

Yes the bagging on the Spurs with Slacker Jackson was super lame. DJs still immature.
    DJ played every season except last year with either of Nephew or DeRozan, both multi time All Stars and AllNBA selections.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ played every season except last year with either of Nephew or DeRozan, both multi time All Stars and AllNBA selections.

He played in the 2017 1st round win with Prime Kwa and then helped wax the Golden gots balls in Game 1 before criminal Zaza struck. That was the end of DJ with Prime Kwa.

DeRozan Bryn Bryn Patty n Muh Touches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since you're using DeRozan as diss to DJ Murrays play....

Here is sight owner suggesting the Spurs strongly consider going after Zack Lavine:
    Why the Spurs Should Try to Sign Zach LaVine (spurstalk.com)

DeRozan with Lavine and the Bulls current record:
    33-37 10th place, currently in the Play In. (Last year they got run in the 1st round by the Bucks 4-1.)

So what's your take on multi time All Star and All NBA DeRozan with Lavine?
    Vs DJ Murray with DeRozan, Patty, Brynn n Pop?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta Hawks being possible championship contenders was more short lived than Dejounte and Jilly’s youtube show.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What people like Lavine and Derozan say to me is that there are really only about 10 true star players in the league, if that, and it's important to not get trapped under or enamored with sub-MVPs.

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks a lot for the videos. I did like Derrick better on a personal level, but Dejounte was/is the better player. He just doesn't have the best at ude that endears him to fans/people.
    It's different level's Derrick is content being a rotation player, or first guard off the bench playing both 1 and 2 spots. He's starter quality but without much ego, he also fills the role needed by a team at the moment. If it's something a guard does he's going to step in and be fairly quality at that role. He's a very smart player in that sense. On a team where you have superstars you really want White over Murray. Murray will want the ball, the shot and the glory. White will draw the defender and hit the open guy who is hopefully either the superstar or causes the rotational mismatch. You don't have a RAPTOR above 10 without doing a lot of things right and White does.

It's a case of who's better as a player, Steve Nash or Russell Westbrook, One on one Westbrook wins but it's a team sport and Nash makes a team better.

Same with Murray he's a better athlete and probably a bit more skilled but he's not as valuable as a team player. Its not at the Russell Westbrook level but if you can make Murray work to get this he's going to make sure he gets it at the detriment of the team he is playing for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Totally agree. You don’t have to go far. White has that Manu at ude, sacrifice to do small things for the team. The only thing is Manu turns it on when it’s time, sometimes Derrick defers too much. Dejounte? What is it for him. Shallow player, stat padder suspect. He’d gamble to make a steal, instead of staying in front of his man.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last season without Murray 43-39 Eighth place.
    This season with Murray 41-41 Eighth place.

Probably felt like he would move the needle more than 0.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hawks could have had Doncic. They got Tre' Young and another pick instead?

Thread Information