Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-spu...mmer-league-2/

It's never a bad day when the Spurs beat the Lakers, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades OP!!!

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better game from Blake. But his angles on defense are abysmal. He has charged out and taken the wrong angle and the player goes right past him. It was the reason for several of his fouls. Just awful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COOL

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better game from Blake. But his angles on defense are abysmal. He has charged out and taken the wrong angle and the player goes right past him. It was the reason for several of his fouls. Just awful.
    He also absolutely dies on screens. He went under one on #10 and promptly got a three drilled.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sidy as the oversized main ball handler/point guard is the move. Pg/sg p&r would be unfair

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sidy and Bediako are our manimalsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He also absolutely dies on screens. He went under one on #10 and promptly got a three drilled.
    Everyone goes under screens badly. That's on the bigs if I'm not mistaken.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a note: Sidy played as a 4 for majority fo the two games. Julian played the 2 and 3. People saying Julian replaces McD, but Julian is a pure wing who will barely have any time playing as the 4 in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Champagnie - Want him to see his teammates on drives and dump-offs. A couple possessions were blown because he tried to finish over a better play.

Branham - Two things I wanted him to work on was 1) a killer instinct and 2) vastly improved defense. I want him to murder teams, which he did in the 4th. His defense... He'll do okay for part of a possession then give up. When he gives up, he's out of the possession. He never gets back in. I hope they really get after him this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bad: Man, Cissoko’s touch is gruesome right now. His bricks are echoing through the arena. Is he nervous or does he legitimately have really bad touch?
    I spoke about this when the Spurs drafted this guy, he ended the G-league season with the yips. It seems like he continues with it. Pretty worrisome, tbh. These kind of mental blocks tend to end careers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I spoke about this when the Spurs drafted this guy, he ended the G-league season with the yips. It seems like he continues with it. Pretty worrisome, tbh. These kind of mental blocks tend to end careers.
    Really. Did not know this. Seemed like the scouting report in him was that he was an awful shooter. He's so willing and relaxed in all other parts of his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake's midrange was looking good. If he can hit that consistently that's a plus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Champagnie - Want him to see his teammates on drives and dump-offs. A couple possessions were blown because he tried to finish over a better play.

Branham - Two things I wanted him to work on was 1) a killer instinct and 2) vastly improved defense. I want him to murder teams, which he did in the 4th. His defense... He'll do okay for part of a possession then give up. When he gives up, he's out of the possession. He never gets back in. I hope they really get after him this year.
    I think the Spurs wanted Champagnie firing away to verify his 40% from downtown in 15 games last year. Mission accomplished, as he's 10-22 in the two games. I've seen him be a willing passer in NBA games, so I'm not worried about that at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs wanted Champagnie firing away to verify his 40% from downtown in 15 games last year. Mission accomplished, as he's 10-22 in the two games. I've seen him be a willing passer in NBA games, so I'm not worried about that at all.
    I'm not too worried and he has great chemistry with his teammates, there were just drives where he had better options. He can be even more if a threat if he sees those.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sidy shot would take a while to fix. He is not hopeless on offense because he is a point forward, you can find something to do with those guys like with Sochan and Fathead. Play them up at the 4 or let them initiate some.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that was also Blake's problem. It's hard to facilitate for guys you haven't played with and he was trying extra hard to be unselfish in the first game. It's why his points were garbage off steals or loose balls. He's got a lot to balance so seeing his midrange being so good is encouraging.

He should get some spacing with Vic the Slick in Vegas.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake's midrange was looking good. If he can hit that consistently that's a plus
    how has his defence and playmaking been

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks for pointing that out; too many ST posters view SL games as if they were regular season games. i'm sure there is a lot going on behind the scenes that we aren't privy to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really. Did not know this. Seemed like the scouting report in him was that he was an awful shooter. He's so willing and relaxed in all other parts of his game.
    Yeah, he's definitely not a shooter, but he was shooting it pretty decently at the beggining of the season and then his shot completely broke down, it got to the point where rivals were leaving him wide ass open and he would still airball the shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how has his defence and playmaking been
    Not great. But then you look at the box score and he's getting assists. He has elite quickness in his feet but his angles are bad and he reaches as a result. He may just be getting used to game speed. His shot looks so nice I'm not super worried.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked Bediako at 'Bama. Not sure he makes the A team, but I'm glad the Spurs gave him some run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, it's good to see our summer league team doing so well. Hopefully these guys don't take their foot off the gas when Wemby is out there in Vegas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked Bediako at 'Bama. Not sure he makes the A team, but I'm glad the Spurs gave him some run.
    He won't. Unless something multi player comes up, Barlow will likely also not make the big club right away, having to spend time on a 2 way until a spot opens up like Bassey did last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish they kept stats on how many shots by a player get blocked. Branham had several shots get blocked because he shoots the ball from so low, starting his motion about crotch level and sorta leaning forward to give momentum to longer range shots. Summer league defenders found this weakness and regular NBA defenders aren't going to let him get away with this. I thought this was what they had been working on during the year with a shooting coach, but apparently not, or it didn't take.

Thread Information