Page 90 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 3328
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL. Half of our roster is in the bottom left quadrant.

We are basically the San Antonio Toros.
    Last edited by KingKev; 01-25-2022 at 03:29 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL. Half of our roster is in the bottom left quadrant.

We are basically the San Antonio Toros.
    Lonnie, Keldon, and Doug lmao. McDermott robbing the Spurs what a terrible contract. DJ almost off the ing graph
    Last edited by emanueldavidginobili; 01-25-2022 at 05:11 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I've said before, I do find TPA to be one of the worst stats out there. It sucks how visible and well-marketed it is, since it gets used way more than it should. That said, of course, a team that's only not in contention for worst record because a few clubs are openly tanking isn't going to grade well in any advanced stat. I think there are a couple of guys on that list that are maligned, and Murray's not THAT big of an outlier. But the general contour of the chart (Murray being the only good player on a team of mediocre or worse players) is still close to reality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I've said before, I do find TPA to be one of the worst stats out there. It sucks how visible and well-marketed it is, since it gets used way more than it should. That said, of course, a team that's only not in contention for worst record because a few clubs are openly tanking isn't going to grade well in any advanced stat. I think there are a couple of guys on that list that are maligned, and Murray's not THAT big of an outlier. But the general contour of the chart (Murray being the only good player on a team of mediocre or worse players) is still close to reality.
    I truthfully haven’t had had a chance to look at the math behind it and didn’t see a need because it definitely passes the eyes test in terms of relativity.
    Last edited by KingKev; 01-25-2022 at 05:28 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I truthfully haven’t had had a chance to look at the math behind it and didn’t see a need because it definitely passes the eyes test in terms of relativity.
    I wasn't throwing shade. TPA is arguably the most Twitter-friendly stat because of how simple the calculation is (it's literally BBRef's BPM x possessions/100), so it's easy to update, and the guys to made it have done a great job of making those graphs. It's dumb that the folks are using BBRef's work and taking credit for it like it's their own. It's even worse given that they don't even seem to understand the methodology behind the stats they're stealing. BPM is specifically not an aggregate stat. Taking an advanced stat that was explicitly created to control for possessions and multiplying it by possessions is fundamentally flawed and lazy. Rather than incorporating role and minutes like one might argue, it inflates big-minute players and diminishes role-players without speaking at all to roles outside of MPG. PER, for all of its flaws, is a better stat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A case for DJ as an all-star.

https://www.basketballnews.com/stories/making-the-allstar-case-for-dejounte-murray

As is the case with all great offensive initiators, Murray’s facilitation abilities augment the rest of his teammates. According to Cleaning the Glass, the Spurs as a team experience a 4% increase in Effective Field Goal percentage(93rd percentile) when Murray’s on the floor, despite he himself being a below-average shooter efficiency-wise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KJ's rebounding is pretty average, but it's hard to overstate what a poor rebounder McDermott is. On a per minute basis, McDermott was just barely out-rebounding Bryn Forbes, and is behind Vassell, Trey Jones, White, and Walker. McDermott and KJ combine to average 8.6 rpg in a combined 55.4 mpg. Dejounte by himself averages 8.5 rpg in 34.4 mpg.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 01-26-2022 at 11:33 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm appalled by the lack of objectivity in this forum, tbh. If we were talking about Westbrook (or just guards in general), most folks (for not saying everybody) would be in the same page talking about how triple doubles are overrated and the relative importance of high volume rebounding guards. But since we are talking about a Spur player that everybody likes, you all jump like a bunch of pre schoolers blindly defending what you like.

Bunch of babies, tbh.
    Mr Stat padder can’t even get triple doubles anymore. IG Baller.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d like to see him get noticed for MIP at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d like to see him get noticed for MIP at least.
    He is in the running with Ja and Bridges. Murray was quietly good last year though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is in the running with Ja and Bridges. Murray was quietly good last year though.
    Different role, with more usage he’s genuinely been better. Ja has had a fantastic season though too and is popular. I had forgotten about him mostly because he was also pretty good last year… Bridges too.

I haven’t paid attention to awards this season tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Murray pining to get a 10th rebound tonight Westchuck style?

Didn't think so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Different role, with more usage he’s genuinely been better. Ja has had a fantastic season though too and is popular. I had forgotten about him mostly because he was also pretty good last year… Bridges too.

I haven’t paid attention to awards this season tbh.
    Ja is must watch NBA TV for the world now but anyone that has watched 30 games of his
    the last 2-3 yrs should have seen that coming. DJ isn’t far behind but Ja attacks the rim like AI.

Also, you should post more SAG. Smart mind!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mr Stat padder can’t even get triple doubles anymore. IG Baller.
    Regardless of rebounds, DJ makes a real impact when he's effective offensively. When he scores more than 19 pts on 18 shots. That's it, that's all that matters.
    Last edited by DAF86; 01-29-2022 at 03:32 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ja is must watch NBA TV for the world now but anyone that has watched 30 games of his
    the last 2-3 yrs should have seen that coming. DJ isn’t far behind but Ja attacks the rim like AI.

Also, you should post more SAG. Smart mind!
    Thanks I enjoy reading your opinions a lot and a few other guys here. I just have less time than I used to and I am more casual with the Spurs. When I posted frequently (and lengthy opinions) I watched pretty much every game so I was a lot more invested and I felt strongly one way or another about what was going on with the team.

Now I am more casual. I watch the occasional Spurs game and highlights so I don’t feel as strongly as others do and when there’s something I have noticed, obviously others have already noticed it before me, so I just use the like button instead of quoting others. I am more interested in what others who watch the team frequently are thinking.

Even though they are losing I think the team is in a good spot if they get lucky enough to draft THE GUY. If they don’t draft a guy with star potential I’d push them to focus on complementing Murray and try to add size to the team. They are too undersized and (poor shooting as someone else mentioned elsewhere brilliantly, better job than I did). I do like the Collins pursuit. I am afraid he won’t make a difference bc he’s not THE GUY but he might for this team bc he complements others well. Very interested in seeing their approach this summer bc for a rebuilding team they do have a few guys who are in their prime years that they may need to move anyways if the team isn’t going anywhere with current crew.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 01-29-2022 at 10:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once a player starts breaking all kind of Spurs records, you know he‘s great

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DjM is playing great but don't think this sequence is a good example, he nearly got strip and missed a fast break layup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ had nothing to say about missing out as an AS game reserve. No social
    media sh!t, none of that. All you fellas calling him IG Baller over the years when he has been rock solid, both on and off the court should take note. He is ten toes down. Dray going to bat for DJ speaks volumes whether he gets in or not.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draymond Green announced he's not playing because of injury and tweeted DJM should be his replacement. A number of other players are tweeting the same thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draymond Green announced he's not playing because of injury and tweeted DJM should be his replacement. A number of other players are tweeting the same thing.
    Who selects injury replacements?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony Davis and the Laker scam machine about to go into effect?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who selects injury replacements?
    Adam Silver.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information