Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2...ers-restricted

Mitch did something not re ed. Good value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    awful value

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wtf, didn't he receive any offer somewhere else? He's basically getting paid for $5 mil a season with projected raise, must be a PO after his 2nd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When players like Bradley Beal are getting 22 mil per year, I think Clarkson at 12.5 mil per is a good value.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    When players like Bradley Beal are getting 22 mil per year, I think Clarkson at 12.5 mil per is a good value.
    It is. He basically is middle class man's Derozen ... but younger.
    DD got paid more than double that.
    Raven just likes to hate.
    Not sure why he wouldnt be laughing more at Mozgof.

Not sure why we couldnt have Timofey at 54 million ...maybe his agent pushed for the 64 since we have a team option on the 4th year ... so it's really 48 over 3 ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It is. He basically is middle class man's Derozen ... but younger.
    DD got paid more than double that.
    Raven just likes to hate.
    Not sure why he wouldnt be laughing more at Mozgof.

Not sure why we couldnt have Timofey at 54 million ...maybe his agent pushed for the 64 since we have a team option on the 4th year ... so it's really 48 over 3 ...
    Yeah, the 4th year being a team option makes this deal a little less ty. That being said, Mozgov won't get in the way of our main purpose these next few years: development of the kids. He won't command touches, he'll rebound, he'll block shots, he'll set picks. Frankly, $16M per isn't that bad given today's NBA salaries that are being doled out. And for better or for worse, big men usually get paid.

Mozgov doesn't have a lot of wear and tear either. He's 30, but I doubt he has a lot of mileage on him.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah, the 4th year being a team option makes this deal a little less ty. That being said, Mozgov won't get in the way of our main purpose these next few years: development of the kids. He won't command touches, he'll rebound, he'll block shots, he'll set picks. Frankly, $16M per isn't that bad given today's NBA salaries that are being doled out. And for better or for worse, big men usually get paid.

Mozgov doesn't have a lot of wear and tear either. He's 30, but I doubt he has a lot of mileage on him.
    Dont get me wrong I dont love it. I agree it's less ty.
    It's definitely NOT sexy ...
    But it's not as bad as some say either

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I thought it's awful. $16.5 on a player with bum knees and couldn't even get a playing time on a team that needed a center. Lakers will regret this hand out, mid season.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I thought it's awful. $16.5 on a player with bum knees and couldn't even get a playing time on a team that needed a center. Lakers will regret this hand out, mid season.
    Not a bum knee. He had a cyst, no structure damage. He came back too soon from surgery:

“He had a cyst in his knee that they removed,” Windhorst added in detail to the summer surgery. “The removing of the cyst didn’t completely heal the issue and there’s the possibility that he may need another surgery.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland/po...led-improperly

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dont get me wrong I dont love it. I agree it's less ty.
    It's definitely NOT sexy ...
    Agreed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretty sure you can get many guys from europe on under 2M contracts that can do the job just as well as clarkson can.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    pretty sure you can get many guys from europe on under 2M contracts that can do the job just as well as clarkson can.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Not a bum knee. He had a cyst, no structure damage. He came back too soon:

“He had a cyst in his knee that they removed,” Windhorst added in detail to the summer surgery. “The removing of the cyst didn’t completely heal the issue and there’s the possibility that he may need another surgery.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland/po...led-improperly
    I don't know man, this should be a last resort option for the Lakers. He's on the wrong side of 30 tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't know man, this should be a last resort option for the Lakers. He's on the wrong side of 30 tbh.
    Nah, not really. He hasn't played that much the last few years. Plus 30 isn't old for a big man. He's still in his prime.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That is what is puzzling.
    He was our 1st call.
    I get we knew whiteside was staying.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 07-01-2016 at 08:19 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    That is what is puzzling.
    He was our 1st call.
    I get we knew whiteside
    Were Biyombo and Ezeli options? At the very least, I was thinking Ezeli since he has ties with Luke. I guess they really want a big body that can do a lot dirty work. It's just a head scratcher since I thought Luke Walton was going for an uptempo theme.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Were Biyombo and Ezeli options? At the very least, I was thinking Ezeli since he has ties with Luke. I guess they really want a big body that can do a lot dirty work. It's just a head scratcher since I thought Luke Walton was going for an uptempo theme.
    I dont want either guy if it's approaching max tbh.
    S&H you the coolest Clips fan I sorta know ... but really how much are those guys an upgrade over Mozgof (if he is healthy?) especially if they get max or near max.
    Fezeli was ty down the stretch in the WCF and finals ...Biyombo is even more limited offensively than Festus.

Ill be mad if either sign for close to Mozgof though ... but I doubt it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mozgov has good pick-and-roll stats, so Luke, Kupcake, and Jimbo probably convinced themselves he was the right fit since it's a "pick-and-roll league" now.

The fact they failed to consider is that Mozgov was playing with Lebron James.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jonathon Simmons > Clarkson, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jonathon Simmons > Clarkson, tbh
    Clarkson can play point though.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clarkson can play point though.
    Just as good as Simmons? Agreed.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Mozgov has good pick-and-roll stats, so Luke, Kupcake, and Jimbo probably convinced themselves he was the right fit since it's a "pick-and-roll league" now.

The fact they failed to consider is that Mozgov was playing with Lebron James.
    Best case scenario is D'Angelo develops as the point guard hey envision.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I dont want either guy if it's approaching max tbh.
    S&H you the coolest Clips fan I sorta know ... but really how much are those guys an upgrade over Mozgof (if he is healthy?) especially if they get max or near max.
    Fezeli was ty down the stretch in the WCF and finals ...Biyombo is even more limited offensively than Festus.

Ill be mad if either sign for close to Mozgof though ... but I doubt it.
    I see your point, I just think the combination of his age, health and contract, Mozgov will be difficult to use as a trade piece should the opportunity arise.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I see your point, I just think the combination of his age, health and contract, Mozgov will be difficult to use as a trade piece should the opportunity arise.
    You say that but here are two things that remain true ... even in the modern NBA.

Size still matters (look at the WCF and Finals)
    Size ages better than speed quickness
    Because there is always a team in need to clear cap space ...even deals like Mozgof's are very tradeable.
    It's not a max, the team controls the 4th year.
    So No it's not a good trade chip this year post ASB or even next one ... but in year 3 by the ASB it's a 16 million expiring cap chip that the Lakers have already paid 75% on and if helps a new team then you can choose to give him the 4th year.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My biggest issue is we should have signed him for 10-12 million less.
    If it was 54 Million ... it would be fair deal for both sides ...cuz we werent gonna get him for less than that ...
    My question is would ANYONE else pay him 64 even if only 3 years are garunsheed?

Thread Information