Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't even know who Mike Conley was before this story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly...they made a choice.....a lot of them were 2 or 3 sport athletes in HS......but chose football above the others. Deal with it.

Plus 90 million divided by 15 will always be larger per person than 120 million divided by 53.

Not to mention that most NFL contracts are not guaranteed $, and the real deal breaker is all the injury (physical and mental) that they have to endure after they are done playing. I bet most of those guys are looking back wishing they had went ahead and played baseball instead. Bobby Bonilla is still getting paid by the Mets and he has been gone from baseball almost 20 years. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This will bite the owners in a few years. They keep giving these multi year mad or near max contracts to marginal talent, and they will be these albatrosses that will destroy a teams flexibility and they can't give real contracts to these up and coming stars.

They are treating the cap is ever increasing when the reality is that this is a two year phenomenon. Teams should stand pat and wait for the storm to pass, then managing salaries based on percentages of the cap rather than hard numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    153 million $ for 13/6 career guy at 29 with dodgy health outlook

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention that most NFL contracts are not guaranteed $, and the real deal breaker is all the injury (physical and mental) that they have to endure after they are done playing. I bet most of those guys are looking back wishing they had went ahead and played baseball instead. Bobby Bonilla is still getting paid by the Mets and he has been gone from baseball almost 20 years. lol
    Holy , Bonilla gets $1.2 million a year from them until 2035 because the Mets wanted to invest the $5.9 million he was due in 2000 into Bernie Madoff's ponzi scheme?

How has this not been made into a movie?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    153 million $ for 13/6 career guy at 29 with dodgy health outlook

Trust me when I tell you...det likely giving up some ass to some got in the back office (no Pun intended) somebody ing det fo sho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trust me when I tell you...det likely giving up some ass to some got in the back office (no Pun intended) somebody ing det fo sho
    Is that how you got your internet access?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

det Achilles might get ruptured at any time, TBH..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't believe so many Spurs fans wanted him, tbh..his body is finished..

Grizzlies are going to be the worst team in the West in a year..

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    Even without the injuries paying 5 years $153 million to a non-elite offensive player, non-elite (nor even above average) defensive player, a player that's not a first or second option level talent is a stupid idea to begin with. But then again the Grizzlies are not exactly known for their intelligence.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    It's already safe to say that this is the worst contract in NBA history and one of the worst in sports. at all the idiots excusing these insane contracts by pointing to the rising salary cap, as if that somehow justifies overpaying for mediocrity.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

He isn't even better than G.Hill unleashed even when he's healthy but is the highest paid player of all-time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even without the injuries paying 5 years $153 million to a non-elite offensive player, non-elite (nor even above average) defensive player, a player that's not a first or second option level talent is a stupid idea to begin with. But then again the Grizzlies are not exactly known for their intelligence.
    Yes that was evident in the Pau Gasol trade granted Marc turned out to be a good player but I don't think the Grizzlies ever envisioned him becoming the type of player he did become. I just remember reading back then they were better trade offers for Pau but the grizz rejected them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes that was evident in the Pau Gasol trade granted Marc turned out to be a good player but I don't think the Grizzlies ever envisioned him becoming the type of player he did become. I just remember reading back then they were better trade offers for Pau but the grizz rejected them.
    Crittenton was the prized acquisition of that transaction, if you look back

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crittenton and Kwame were considered steals by their management. I remember them actually believing that Kwame could be a 20-10 player.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Highest total contract price. Didn't Kobe get 7x20m way back probably costs more if inflation is included but yes it is 5 vs 7 years?

Also I think Lebron has the highest salary for this year. But Conley probably does not deserve half of Lebron's money.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    It's already safe to say that this is the worst contract in NBA history and one of the worst in sports.
    Did Wes Matthews retire?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Many teams have dodged the bullet, tbh ..Conley has gone from arguably the most underrated to significantly overrated player in the space of 3-4 years..Parker comprehensively dominating him in the 2013 WCF was when the hype train started to get derailed..

Did Wes Matthews retire?
    He looks so finished..FG%: .30/3P%: .25/PER: 7 ..

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Did Wes Matthews retire?
    As bad as that contract is, at least he isn't the highest-paid player in NBA history

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Your sig is a little late to the party, son, but better late than never.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    As bad as that contract is, at least he isn't the highest-paid player in NBA history
    Value per dollar, Porker is a worse contract than Conley.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Obviously nothing to rejoice about, but the Grizzlies should have really known better. Now if Gasol goes down; you would have 75 millions combined annual salary (include Parsons) on the shelf and might be in damaged goods condition for next 3/4 years..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's a weird name...Crittenton.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crittenton is one character Real gangsta, same level as Aaron Hernandez

Thread Information