Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they're healthy we'll see how dominant they are.

Vegas has them at greater than 50% probability. I like those odds.
    It'll only matter in the post-season. The Spurs have to do their parts to get to the WCF, as will Cleveland to get to the Finals. I have no doubt GS will be a regular-season juggernaut.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was partially James playing out of his mind, but it was also Curry clearly not being 100%; Bogut being injured and not playing in the Final three games; Green being suspended for game 5; and Iguodala hurting his back and not being 100% in the last game and a half.

I think the Thunder win in '15 had injuries not derailed them.
    Curry was healthy, just not as good as usual. He drops off during big series in general. The rest is a wash.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry was healthy, just not as good as usual. He drops off during big series in general. The rest is a wash.
    Yep. In addition, jump shooting teams usually don't dominate in the playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'll only matter in the post-season. The Spurs have to do their parts to get to the WCF, as will Cleveland to get to the Finals. I have no doubt GS will be a regular-season juggernaut.
    I'm not too sure if they will have a better regular season than last year. That's because they have a depleted bench, requiring their starters to log more minutes.

Spurs had a 67 win regular season and it was because of their deep bench.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not too sure if they will have a better regular season than last year. That's because they have a depleted bench, requiring their starters to log more minutes.

Spurs had a 67 win regular season and it was because of their deep bench.
    Yes, the Spurs are more top-heavy this season than last. 67 wins is also very hard to top. But 58 wins likely is good enough for 2nd in the West.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He clearly wasn't and the rest isn't "a wash": It took the stars aligning for them to pull it off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He clearly wasn't and the rest isn't "a wash": It took the stars aligning for them to pull it off.
    Curry's production in the Finals was in line with his playoff production generally. The rest was a wash because once LeBron figured them out it didn't matter which role players they were missing. If they started that series right now, same rosters, Warriors might win one or two games. Warriors were fortunate to even be in it at the end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So who are the Dubs going to have for the bench besides Livingston, they already lost Barbosa, Rush and Festus is probably going to go too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So who are the Dubs going to have for the bench besides Livingston, they already lost Barbosa, Rush and Festus is probably going to go too.
    David effing West baby. KaBOOM!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David effing West baby. KaBOOM!
    Hand banana no!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'ma call you Spaghetti, now rape him!
    Yeah, I'm not really into him, but you... you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'ma call you Spaghetti, now rape him!
    Yeah, I'm not really into him, but you... you.
    ooooooook?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey uhh.... I couldn't help, but notice you basting a turkey there...

Lol... it's from a show, bud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GS Starters: Curry / Klay / Durant / Draymond / Zaza

GS Bench: Livingston / Iggy / David West / Looney / Patrick McCaw / Damian Jones

I'm really interested to see how McCaw does. Not expecting a ton this year, but I liked him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in for later

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good discussion...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me the argument for KD to GS is margin for error. They have such a gigantic gulf compared to other teams. While in a bubble, Chinook makes good points about the overarching theme of how KD fits, to me? It's about margin for error.

It's not about taking touches from Curry or Klay. It's about WHEN he takes touches from them. In games where Klay wasn't shooting well, GS might rely on Curry to score 40 or Green to score 20. Now? If Klay is cold? He simply gives way to a hotter Durant.

Game-to-game, GS now has margin for error that no one in the league comes close to.
    TBH

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gained: Kevin Durdelta & David Worst

Lost: Andrew Bogut, Harrison Barnes, Festus Ezeli, Leandro Barbosa, Marreese Speights

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think some people are trying to pigeonhole Durant as merely a scorer, which simply isn't true. The guy averaged more rebounds, assists, and blocks per game than Kawhi did last year. He's not one dimensional by any stretch of the imagination. Still, the "only-one-ball" theory does carry weight for me. Since his sop re year in the league, Durant has never scored fewer than 25 ppg-- there will a period of adjustment, no doubt. But I think he'll surprise some skeptics with really buying into the team concept and putting winning ahead of shots or stats. He's played the nice diplomat all these years dealing with Westbrook, and I think he'll finally feel completely at ease having better teammates.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think some people are trying to pigeonhole Durant as merely a scorer, which simply isn't true. The guy averaged more rebounds, assists, and blocks per game than Kawhi did last year. He's not one dimensional by any stretch of the imagination. Still, the "only-one-ball" theory does carry weight for me. Since his sop re year in the league, Durant has never scored fewer than 25 ppg-- there will a period of adjustment, no doubt. But I think he'll surprise some skeptics with really buying into the team concept and putting winning ahead of shots or stats. He's played the nice diplomat all these years dealing with Westbrook, and I think he'll finally feel completely at ease having better teammates.
    He is the Peyton Manning of the NBA. He will choke when it matters. He is soft when it matters. He implodes when it matters. Same with Curry. Same with Thompson. The Warriors le was won by beating backups. They already had a Peyton Manning on their team. Now they just added another Manning. 2 players who win mvps, who put up nice stats, who will put all this false hope out there, but will fold when the chips are down. Iggy/Green ain't going to be carrying them to a le this time coupled in with a Kyrie injury. They won't get to rely on a defense either like Peyton Manning did both times. These Peyton Manning's actually have to overcome actual high pressure situations themselves which is something NEITHER have yet to prove. The Warriors will win lots of games, score lots of points and break all sorts of records and win an mvp, and a dumb got like yourself will be eating their right up like people did with those Colts/Broncos, but will look stupid as when they fail in the postseason.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is the Peyton Manning of the NBA. He will choke when it matters. He is soft when it matters. He implodes when it matters. Same with Curry. Same with Thompson. The Warriors le was won by beating backups. They already had a Peyton Manning on their team. Now they just added another Manning. 2 players who win mvps, who put up nice stats, who will put all this false hope out there, but will fold when the chips are down. Iggy/Green ain't going to be carrying them to a le this time coupled in with a Kyrie injury. They won't get to rely on a defense either like Peyton Manning did both times. These Peyton Manning's actually have to overcome actual high pressure situations themselves which is something NEITHER have yet to prove. The Warriors will win lots of games, score lots of points and break all sorts of records and win an mvp, and a dumb got like yourself will be eating their right up like people did with those Colts/Broncos, but will look stupid as when they fail in the postseason.
    You make some excellent points. You should show your post to your mommy to show how smart and mature you are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably the thing that will hold the team back is precisely something that they needed to do anyways. The team was forced to get a lot younger. They needed to do that anyways, but it happened all at once and some of these youngsters are very, very young. They are now going to have to rely on a much younger group and until they "come of age" in their games maybe they can't dismantle a juggernaut like GSW. Realistically one or two of the younger guys added to the rotation will have to make a difference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ha ha, two years ago the Dubs lucked into a ship. last year they wouldn't have been there unless a complete a choke job by the thunder. the jump shot bull doesn't work. if it did it would have been copied years ago. i would've been more scared of the Dubs if they would've landed Gasol. thank god we got him. Cant wait for next year. its gonna be so satisfying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Parker for Westbrook now,

do it FO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he ends up in golden state. Their interior defense is already bad. Adding west makes it the worst
    there is only 1 ball. How long have you guys been watching basketball? It's not as simple as, "add player here and add his shots". If KD is willing to decrease his shots and iso moments, it can work, but I don't see it. That means Thompson is bumped to a 3rd option. They're gonna be dangerous, but I'd be more concerned if GS had gotten Whiteside. That is what I was most concerned about. Adding KD did not solve their interiour defense, which sucked without Bogut last year. Defense still wins championships. Curry, Thompson, and Barnes were all locked down in game 7. I'm really not concerned about KD going to the warriors. The only thing I'm concerened with is if Popovich will allow Parker to run crazy on offense ing us us in the 4th. We've got to stop them from scoring and they've got to stop us as well.
    The "there's only one ball" is so played out as an argument with superteams, especially this one, which is the greatest NBA superteam on paper of all time. Yes, of course there's only one ing ball but that goes for every team in the league. At any given moment, the Dubs will have a player with the ball that will know what to do with it while there will be moments we'll have unproven guys like Bertans and Murray with that one ball. I'd much favor the Dubs chances in that "one ball" theory.

Thread Information