Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I've been saying it for a long time: this offseason was the pivotal moment concerning Westbrook's ultimate value as a teammate: if playing with him is such a headache, then all those years of team-building by OKC go down the drain with the potential of Durant leaving. Russ can be the "Alpha" guy who makes poor decisions all year in OKC now, beating his chest, giving his teammates, coaches, & refs the stinkface, etc., until he himself leaves next offseason. But it'll go down in NBA history that, given the chance, his superstar teammate chose to leave him for more sensible pastures.
    I don't believe Durant's choice had anything to do in consideration of Westbrook.

It was an easy choice. Somebody already alluded to that in the last hour. Wasn't that you, Tully?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Westbrook gonna be in Kobe 2005-2007 mode scoring le is his

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big Cuck just posted a video; I'm guessing suicide is next.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sam Presti did as good as job as any GM in the league, drafted durant, westbrook, ibaka and harden and now only westbrook remains

wow
    Even Reggie Jackson is leading another team now.

What a blown opportunity. Tells you something is off with Durant or Westbrook to have had that much talent and not ringed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't believe Durant's choice had anything to do in consideration of Westbrook.

It was an easy choice. Somebody already alluded to that in the last hour. Wasn't that you, Tully?
    Yes-- I think if you take all the emotion out of it, the decision to go to Golden State is simply the smartest possible basketball move, but I have to believe that Westbrook being a difficult teammate opened Durant up to the possibility of leaving-- every time Westbrook badly mismanaged the clock in end games or took ill advised shots, the thought had to creep into Durant's head that staying with this guy for his entire career might not be the best move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if anything, adams will be the pf there.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yes-- I think if you take all the emotion out of it, the decision to go to Golden State is simply the smartest possible basketball move, but I have to believe that Westbrook being a difficult teammate opened Durant up to the possibility of leaving-- every time Westbrook badly mismanaged the clock in end games or took ill advised shots, the thought had to creep into Durant's head that staying with this guy for his entire career might not be the best move.
    I don't think so. He & Westbrook are brothers in the core. I heartily believe that. And Westbrook won't grudge this to Durant. He'll piss & moan, throw things, but, he won't lay it on Durant's doorstep. Somebody's doorstep though will get it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anyway, they have a ton of talent in that team, but they are pretty much a rebuilding team at this point. They will have to change the way they play completely so they are maybe an 8th seed..

Thread Information