Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So sad that ST fans keep short changing Forbes.

How many points does Forbes need to score before you guys become believers?

How many turnovers does Murray have to get before you sour on his prospects?

Favoring Murray now is kind of like choosing a poor man's Crawford over a poor man's Curry.
    Last edited by ceperez; 07-10-2017 at 06:58 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Win win situation. Forbes is excellent trade bait now or maybe even a legitimate back up to Patty. You gotta give him credit how much he's improved. Murray has potential but he's still a few years away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Favoring Murray now is kind of like choosing a poor man's Crawford over a poor man's Curry.
    I've been on Twitter saying this same thing all morning.... People must not have been watching the same summer league... Forbes is making it look easy... him an Bertans!!! I pray he's our starting pg next yr. He has ball handling, pass vision, an deadly shooting... what more can you ask for. No he isn't the best defender, but he sure does try his ass off. #Babyfacekilla

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Win win situation. Forbes is excellent trade bait now or maybe even a legitimate back up to Patty. You gotta give him credit how much he's improved. Murray has potential but he's still a few years away.
    Are you ing stupid! Why in the would you trade him?? Groom that nicca to be our future pg an trade Murray's ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have Patty Mills, they don't need two chuckers playing together. Forbes was not good during his NBA playing time. Slo mo and Daye also lit up summer league...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you ing stupid! Why in the would you trade him?? Groom that nicca to be our future pg an trade Murray's ass
    Can't trade Murray's ass now considering his market value has just tanked big time! 4 games in to Summer League and he's done nothing but turnover the ball. There's are reason why he's a 29th pick and its all in full display!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have Patty Mills, they don't need two chuckers playing together. Forbes was not good during his NBA playing time. Slo mo and Daye also lit up summer league...
    I was at the Mavs an spurs gm when he went on a tear! Forbes is a scorer!! The boy nice with it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am sure Lee, but I am not sure if he would accept a role that would fluctuate with matchups and style. I'd also like for that big to be a rim protector like Tiago.
    Wherever Lee goes, its inevitable that his role would fluctuate because of the matchups and style of todays game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes just needed his confidence back...... he can play in this league. Pop is a great talent evaluator

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ha, Relax man Im on the Forbes bandwagon. Im just saying his improvement has been nice and he may open up options to improve the team whether by playing or being a huge sweetener for a major trade. I'm not gonna get TOO excited over a few summer league games. One thing is for sure, Murray didn't improve on anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ha, Relax man Im on the Forbes bandwagon. Im just saying his improvement has been nice and he may open up options to improve the team whether by playing or being a huge sweetener for a major trade. I'm not gonna get TOO excited over a few summer league games. One thing is for sure, Murray didn't improve on anything.
    That's for real! Murray can't shoot, cant finish at the rim, an throws dumb passes! Boooooy I'd love for Forbes to start

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    17 Free Throw Attempts is most impressive thing about yesterday game. Shows he's capable of doing more then just being a catch and shoot guy...

If you can shoot from 3 and midrange plus doing work attacking the paint and getting to the kind...you'll do some serious damage in this league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The kid is only in his second year. No doubt he can shoot the ball. Didn't he put up 20+ in a game during the season last year? Why is Patty completely accepted and this guy hated on? From what i've seen so far he has the same trajectory as Patty. Yeah he has to work on other parts of his game to be a viable option at the point, but same was true with Patty.

I guess Spur fans are tired of the FO grooming shooting guards in point guard bodies. You got to find talent and value where you can when you are always picking near dead last in the draft. No ones saying have him be the full fledged starter. But he deserves situational minutes if he keeps showing this type of moxy.

Seems like we got some Spurs fans in love with Murray. He's got the talent but he's a turnover machine. He has to clean up his game and he should have to earn his way up like everyone else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bryn had 8 turnovers tho...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No more Steph Curry comparisons please. He is more in the Gary Neal, Patty Mills, Randy Foye category until he proves otherwise. Curry is crazy special player. His own brother who was raised exactly the same is half the player he is. God among chuckers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally someone with enough basketball sense to realize some players are just summer league players...the bright lights aren't for them...Bryn played last year. We know how that went...Murray was much better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The kid is only in his second year. No doubt he can shoot the ball. Didn't he put up 20+ in a game during the season last year? Why is Patty completely accepted and this guy hated on? From what i've seen so far he has the same trajectory as Patty. Yeah he has to work on other parts of his game to be a viable option at the point, but same was true with Patty.

I guess Spur fans are tired of the FO grooming shooting guards in point guard bodies. You got to find talent and value where you can when you are always picking near dead last in the draft. No ones saying have him be the full fledged starter. But he deserves situational minutes if he keeps showing this type of moxy.

Seems like we got some Spurs fans in love with Murray. He's got the talent but he's a turnover machine. He has to clean up his game and he should have to earn his way up like everyone else.
    Bryn...had...8...turnovers...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree. You can't have that many turnovers if you're Murray. The one thing you gotta do if you're going to start at PG with Kawhi, Gay and LMA is not turn it over. Bryn is looking like a decent option in comparison. Just has a safer game.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. You can't have that many turnovers if you're Murray. The one thing you gotta do if you're going to start at PG with Kawhi, Gay and LMA is not turn it over. Bryn is looking like a decent option in comparison. Just has a safer game.
    Safer with 8 TOs...

That said we will definitely need him with Parker gone. We need a stable of guards, even bad ones that can have good nights against certain teams.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murrays biggest issue is he hasn't found or doesn't have "game" in the NBA yet. Getting by the defender is the easy part for him..but finding out what to do or how to play is a real struggle..especially since he can't shoot at all..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn...had...8...turnovers...
    While being double teamed constantly... making 35 points.

What about your beloved Murray? 5 measly points on 4 turnovers. If he scored like Forbes, he would have like 30 turnovers!!!!

To make it worse, Murray rested the last game while Bryn had to post up 18 points (one turnover).

You would think that 'overflowing with potential' Murray would do more damage than an exhausted Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While being double teamed constantly... making 35 points.

What about your beloved Murray? 5 measly points on 4 turnovers. If he scored like Forbes, he would have like 30 turnovers!!!!
    Murray had a beautiful score where he challenged the big, reached around him and laid the ball into the basket.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murrays biggest issue is he hasn't found or doesn't have "game" in the NBA yet. Getting by the defender is the easy part for him..but finding out what to do or how to play is a real struggle..especially since he can't shoot at all..
    When you constantly do all these ridiculous moves, you'll get past your man because he's not expecting it. Yet, you also pay in turnovers just because its a gamble. All smoke and mirrors. Looks good, but what are the percentages? One turnover per point scored?

Add to that, he didn't play the previous game after scoring just 5 points on 10 attempts!

Unbelievable!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray had a beautiful score where he challenged the big, reached around him and laid the ball into the basket.
    okay... perhaps he's more suited for playing with the Harlem Globetrotters.

Thread Information