Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is this guy going to be with us next season? Or is he just going to occupy a training camp spot?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice interview. Thanks for posting.

The good thing as long as he can shoot and play some d, he doesn't really have to learn to be a facilitator PG. Manu and Kyle can run the o for the bench, let Forbes and Mills (and Bertans) shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is this guy going to be with us next season? Or is he just going to occupy a training camp spot?
    I think someone said (Chinook?) that he'd already been given a contract. Could be wrong.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he can run around some screens and get open shot off-ball that'd be great. Even he's not the best at pg skills that can more than make up for that. Especially if he can play defense which is something that none of our pgs can do at all.
    Short two guards are a dime a dozen. I can really appreciate patfo selecting ball handling forwards or point guards in a shooting guards body cause it gives us a chance to find the Patty and Gary Neal's of the world. Now we have Murray a point guard in a shooting guards body, Juice, Manu, and Slowmo to handle the rock so shooters like Bertans and Forbes can fit in and focus on what they do best. As for Forbes, of he had ball handling skills and some court vision he'd be Curry lite imo.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's got the height 6'3" and length 6'5" to be better than either Tony or Patty in defense.
    I'm not opposed to playing a non-traditional pg. It's not like Tony is penetrating the paint and creating shots for others. If this guy can play defense and disrupt the defense by running through screens that'd be great. On top of that he's better to space the floor for our bigs.

I haven't watched him though and Chinook is a Kyle Anderson fan so he could suck.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Short two guards are a dime a dozen. I can really appreciate patfo selecting ball handling forwards or point guards in a shooting guards body cause it gives us a chance to find the Patty and Gary Neal's of the world. Now we have Murray a point guard in a shooting guards body, Juice, Manu, and Slowmo to handle the rock so shooters like Bertans and Forbes can fit in and focus on what they do best. As for Forbes, of he had ball handling skills and some court vision he'd be Curry lite imo.
    They are usually terrible at defense though. And considering are pgs are absolutely awful on defense he doesn't have to be great at pg skills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are usually terrible at defense though. And considering are pgs are absolutely awful on defense he doesn't have to be great at pg skills.
    Yeah true. I need to see more Forbes on defense but early returns look positive. He has a good stance and applies alot of effort, but want to see him play against a solid guard, like Rozier or Jackson in the next game.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's wrong with Forbes' shot?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice interview. Thanks for posting.

The good thing as long as he can shoot and play some d, he doesn't really have to learn to be a facilitator PG. Manu and Kyle can run the o for the bench, let Forbes and Mills (and Bertans) shoot.
    We lost Bobo, who was a great playmaker. Manu will have to work with Kyle and Pau to setup players.

Spurs are actually pretty deadly, almost every player in the roster can now hit the 3 with consistency:

Parker
    Mills
    Forbes
    Green
    Ginobili
    Simmons (see last years stats)
    Bertans
    Anderson (see SL)
    Leonard
    Gasol
    Aldridge (started jacking up shots at the end of the season).

The guys who can't shoot: Boban (actually he can), LJC, Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We lost Bobo, who was a great playmaker. Manu will have to work with Kyle and Pau to setup players.

Spurs are actually pretty deadly, almost every player in the roster can now hit the 3 with consistency:

Parker
    Mills
    Forbes
    Green
    Ginobili
    Bertans
    Anderson (see SL)
    Leonard
    Gasol

Agreed. I'm warming to this roster slowly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure I agree with that. From some of the videos, he looks adept getting into the lane and getting up a nice shot. I haven't watched the full summer league games so I don't know how often he does this. But he seems to be able to understand when he needs to put it on the floor and move in.
    I don't mean getting into the lane for a shot (like a floater). I mean the mid-range stop-and-pop, e.g. ducking under someone running out and nailing a twenty footer off the dribble. Both Neal and Mills are very good at that. Forbes may be; I haven't seen it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will take some time to develop, similar to Patty, since he's a 6'3 SG right now. But could be Patty's potential successor down the roa. Too early to tell right now, obviously. Kid can really stroke it though. And he plays with a lot of passion, which I like. Should be fun to watch him in SL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't mean getting into the lane for a shot (like a floater). I mean the mid-range stop-and-pop, e.g. ducking under someone running out and nailing a twenty footer off the dribble. Both Neal and Mills are very good at that. Forbes may be; I haven't seen it.
    I admit I haven't seen many of those. But the first shot on this video makes me think he's got this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Parker
    Mills
    Forbes
    Green
    Ginobili
    Bertans
    Anderson (see SL)
    Leonard
    Gasol

Just wait, imagine if we sign Borrousis.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Anderson, Simmons, probably Marjanovic, Murray, Bertans, Jean-Charles and possibly whoever the fifth big ends up being, no more marginally - unproven players on guaranteed contracts.

This isn't the D-League and this is still a team trying to contend.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be on the roster necessarily, but it should come down to training camp/preseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he's under contract for next season? Or just for summer league team?
    If they bring him on, he's signed for the rookie minimum for a year. Up to spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they bring him on, he's signed for the rookie minimum for a year. Up to spurs.
    what is the meaning of that gif ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what is the meaning of that gif ?
    You got the greatest coach of all time jumping up and down to get his pg to hand the ball over to the star. Parker does t know his place as a role player. If I remember correctly, this was an issue against the thunder in the playoffs as well as Parker kept missing shots at end of games instead of giving it to lma or Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You got the greatest coach of all time jumping up and down to get his pg to hand the ball over to the star. Parker does t know his place as a role player. If I remember correctly, this was an issue against the thunder in the playoffs as well as Parker kept missing shots at end of games instead of giving it to lma or Kawhi.
    haha okay. i didn't see gregg pop

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has pretty good agility and sprint measurements at the combine.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Yes, hand in his face doesn't bother his shot. Moves well without the ball, has a decent floater. Forbes is as tall as Steph Curry, so people should stop complaining about his size.
    Best comparison is Seth Curry not Wardell who has elite handles which allow him to create space & is one of the best finishers at the rim. (He struggled in the playoffs when he couldn't get separation)

Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 07-06-2016 at 06:46 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best comparison is Seth Curry not Wardell who has elite handles which allow him to create space & is one of the best finishers at the rim. (He struggled in the playoffs when he couldn't get separation)

He even kinda looks like Steph Curry.

But look at the mock drafts and NBA prospect rankings. He doesn't even rate the top 100.

To me, he looks like the spittin image of Curry.

The key will be if he can get his shot off against tight D like Curry. From what I've seen, I wouldn't bet against him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just really needed to hear this song right now. Takes me back.

And I'd love for this to be Bryn's nickname.
    Chris Mullin?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like what I've seen, not real worried about getting a prototypical point.

Looks like he's got the potential to really help the inside-out game. Pop's clearly trying to go back to playing out of the post, and he's clearly got the shot to play off potential doubles. As long as he can get the ball up the court smoothly, initiate the offense and move his feet decently on D, the Spurs may have found themselves a player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He even kinda looks like Steph Curry.

But look at the mock drafts and NBA prospect rankings. He doesn't even rate the top 100.

To me, he looks like the spittin image of Curry.

The key will be if he can get his shot off against tight D like Curry. From what I've seen, I wouldn't bet against him.
    He'll learn quickly enough once he starts going against Danny and Kawhi in practice every day.

Thread Information