Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been off lately, and is indeed a gunner. If he's getting the ball, he's going to force it to the basket. Also needs to learn how to move well without the basketball. Austin Toros bound imo.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Besides missing shots he has been moving around in the offense like the first time I saw him. That's what I was hoping to continue to see.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once again Chinook on the wrong side of player evaluations.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should cut patty already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn that Forbes magazine clip is illegal in all 50 states!

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think he plays well with three high-usage players they all need to pass more.
    Exactly. They really haven't been looking for him enough. He's being forced to shoot tougher shots. He's a spot up shooter for the most part like Green and Patty. They need to make an effort to find him when he's open.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang this guy earned 5 pages

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do not worry someone will blame it on murray
    right - its not the PG's job to put the SG in positions to hit shots. , a PG shouldn't even care about who is hot, player mismatches, which side(if any) to attack the offense. Nah, just dribble bro then shoot.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still early but I wanna know if anyone still thinks he makes the team. Now is the time before all is set and people come out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Magazine has been loaded and firing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop high on Forbes: he says he's too young and inexperienced to call him a pure shooter yet... which to me sounds like Pop sees room for growth in his game.

Jabari Young said he has J.J. Red potential. .... might be an exaggeration, but he's talking potential. Young thinks he's the one that will make the team in his opinion. Hard to argue (I think Lapro, but it could be any of the two).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop high on Forbes: he says he's too young and inexperienced to call him a pure shooter yet... which to me sounds like Pop sees room for growth in his game.

Jabari Young said he has J.J. Red potential. .... might be an exaggeration, but he's talking potential. Young thinks he's the one that will make the team in his opinion. Hard to argue (I think Lapro, but it could be any of the two).
    He's getting props from all over. Spurs may decide on potential talent (Forbes at 23) over experience (Laprovitolla at 26).

I can't see anyone else being cut if Spurs plan both to come in. Honestly, if he shoots any better than Patty Mills, then Mills is gone by next season.

BTW, according to this: http://www.inquisitr.com/3595074/san...l-roster-spot/

Arcidiacono and Garino are out.
    Last edited by ceperez; 10-15-2016 at 08:34 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's getting props from all over. Spurs may decide on potential talent (Forbes at 23) over experience (Laprovitolla at 26).

I can't see anyone else being cut if Spurs plan both to come in. Honestly, if he shoots any better than Patty Mills, then Mills is gone by next season.

BTW, according to this: http://www.inquisitr.com/3595074/san...l-roster-spot/

Arcidiacono and Garino are out.
    Pop stating there that unless one of the players has a contract offer elsewhere and they need an answer quicker, he's not going to cut anyone until the very end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so he's Gary Neal basically. Pass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gary Neal at 23 without the legal drama at the min contract is a great value. Gary Neal is an NBA player.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per the article about Forbes's training camp contract back in July, it seems like he has agreed to be pseudo-stashed in the D-League for the year if it comes to that...so the last spot going to Laprovittola may make more sense if it comes down to between Forbes and Laprovittola.

Here is the relevant quote from the article: "The Spurs went a bit further, giving Forbes a one-year contract. If he makes their roster in training camp, he’ll earn the rookie minimum salary, around $543,000. If he doesn’t, he’ll still be under contract with the Spurs, paid enough to agree to stay with the organization for one year — even if it’s spent in the D-League — instead of going overseas and perhaps making six-figures there."

Maybe the organization sees him as a Patty Mills insurance in-waiting for the 2017-2018 season.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/s...ague/86638902/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per the article about Forbes's training camp contract back in July, it seems like he has agreed to be pseudo-stashed in the D-League for the year if it comes to that...so the last spot going to Laprovittola may make more sense if it comes down to between Forbes and Laprovittola.

Here is the relevant quote from the article: "The Spurs went a bit further, giving Forbes a one-year contract. If he makes their roster in training camp, he’ll earn the rookie minimum salary, around $543,000. If he doesn’t, he’ll still be under contract with the Spurs, paid enough to agree to stay with the organization for one year — even if it’s spent in the D-League — instead of going overseas and perhaps making six-figures there."

Maybe the organization sees him as a Patty Mills insurance in-waiting for the 2017-2018 season.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/s...ague/86638902/
    There are some problems with that article. They have him a two-year deal with a bigger guarantee than anyone else of the TC guys got. I don't think the people who wrote it really understood what was going on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no idea what else you want out of the 15th spot, but the idea that Neal would be a bad pick is laughable. Dude was a decent enough rotation player; off the deep bench would've been unfair.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are some problems with that article. They have him a two-year deal with a bigger guarantee than anyone else of the TC guys got. I don't think the people who wrote it really understood what was going on.
    So how does his contract actually work? Do the Spurs lose him if he doesn't make the opening day roster? I'm pretty clueless about NBA contracts, so your insight would be much appreciated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how does his contract actually work? Do the Spurs lose him if he doesn't make the opening day roster? I'm pretty clueless about NBA contracts, so your insight would be much appreciated.
    Yeah, he's free to sign with any NBA team if he gets cut. Might actually be claimed, but that's unlikely. However the Toros would have his exclusive d-league rights, so he'd be in Austin all year if no one signs him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, he's free to sign with any NBA team if he gets cut. Might actually be claimed, but that's unlikely. However the Toros would have his exclusive d-league rights, so he'd be in Austin all year if no one signs him.
    That's unfortunate...

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah... in that scenario, Forbes will likely end up getting picked up by someone else just to spurn the Spurs organization...

Thread Information