My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    27 minutes, 12 points, and 44% from 3

all for just 3 mill a year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was on his bandwagon in the offseason. Guy just needed confidence. He was pressing last year. He’s going to streaky player. People will start hating him again when he has a string of bad games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A better and cheaper version of fatty mills

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best 3rd string PG in the league!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i was pissed when we re-signed him... but PATFO was right. he's an absolute bargain on his current deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy's progress as an undrafted player out of college has been pretty impressive.
    In three seasons his FG% and 3pt% have improved dramatically every year:

'17: 36.4 FG%, 32.1 3pt%
    '18: 42.1 FG%, 39.0 3pt%
    '19: 45.7 FG%, 45.7 3pt%

The MLE was intended as sort of a gauge for what an average NBA player should make. This year the MLE for tax paying teams is about $5 mil/year and for non tax paying teams, it's about 9 mil/year. Forbes makes $3.1 mil this year and $2.8 mil next year. Considering that he is starting-- even if it's out of necessity rather than preference-- he's an incredible bargain.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy's progress as an undrafted player out of college has been pretty impressive.
    In three seasons his FG% and 3pt% have improved dramatically every year:

'17: 36.4 FG%, 32.1 3pt%
    '18: 42.1 FG%, 39.0 3pt%
    '19: 45.7 FG%, 45.7 3pt%

The MLE was intended as sort of a gauge for what an average NBA player should make. This year the MLE for tax paying teams is about $5 mil/year and for non tax paying teams, it's about 9 mil/year. Forbes makes $3.1 mil this year and $2.8 mil next year. Considering that he is starting-- even if it's out of necessity rather than preference-- he's an incredible bargain.
    The best way to buy low is when there's a trend that a player is actually improving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Gary Neal drafted?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Gary Neal drafted?
    No.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Gary Neal drafted?
    Undrafted and his record was 129

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This article talks about adjusted 3 pt percentage (meaning: adjusted for defense). Bryn Forbes is mentioned, along with Davis Bertans, as having a high adjusted 3 pt percentage.

https://fansided.com/2019/09/06/nylo...nt-percentage/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This article talks about adjusted 3 pt percentage (meaning: adjusted for defense). Bryn Forbes is mentioned, along with Davis Bertans, as having a high adjusted 3 pt percentage.

https://fansided.com/2019/09/06/nylo...nt-percentage/
    Tres Lyles is up there with the worst behind westbrook, Giannis, and Kuzma.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tres Lyles is up there with the worst behind westbrook, Giannis, and Kuzma.
    He shot 25.5% from 3 last year, so that's no surprise, I guess. The year before he shot 38.1% so who knows which version will show up next year?

Danny Green was also one of the top adjusted 3pt shooters last year. I'm still wondering how he went from shooting 33.2%, 37.9%, 36.3% in his last 3 years with the Spurs to shooting 45.5% with the Raptors. I wonder what his 3PT % will be with the Lakers.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He shot 25.5% from 3 last year, so that's no surprise, I guess. The year before he shot 38.1% so who knows which version will show up next year?

Danny Green was also one of the top adjusted 3pt shooters last year. I'm still wondering how he went from shooting 33.2%, 37.9%, 36.3% in his last 3 years with the Spurs to shooting 45.5% with the Raptors. I wonder what his 3PT % will be with the Lakers.

Better looks. Danny always needed to be wide open and able to step into the shot. When he had to move sideways, even a little, his 3P% dropped a lot. When he could square up and wait for an on-target, on-time pass, he was deadly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better looks. Danny always needed to be wide open and able to step into the shot. When he had to move sideways, even a little, his 3P% dropped a lot. When he could square up and wait for an on-target, on-time pass, he was deadly.
    Much to TP's chagrin, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Much to TP's chagrin, tbh.
    Nah. There wasn't a player that complimented Parker more than Green. Green "needed to be wide open", but what that phrase misses is that Danny knew exactly how to get wide open and was sync'd with Tony to always give him a outlet. Green wasn't some stand-still shooter. He moved without the ball as well as any shooter other than Beli. He definitely wasn't a Bowen-like guy camping in the corner waiting for the pass. He'd slide all around the perimeter in lock-step with the play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy is so underappreciated. Made huge strides on defense and offense and is straight up clutch. Great fringe starter or bench scorer. Spurs saving tons of money on this guy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I now have nothing but respect for Bryn after he stepped up in the second half of game 7 last year when other players I expected to step up vanished. Bryn showed me a lot in that second half of game 7.

I wonder what the Spurs would be willing to pay Bryn if he can build off of that game 7 second half? I know towards the end of the season, either Bill or Sean mentioned a few times that Pop told them he is surprised that Bryn hasn't walked into his office and ripped up his contract. It seems like Pop thinks he has Bryn for really cheap and thinks he's worth a lot more than he is currently getting paid. What would you guys put his market value at?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I now have nothing but respect for Bryn after he stepped up in the second half of game 7 last year when other players I expected to step up vanished. Bryn showed me a lot in that second half of game 7.

I wonder what the Spurs would be willing to pay Bryn if he can build off of that game 7 second half? I know towards the end of the season, either Bill or Sean mentioned a few times that Pop told them he is surprised that Bryn hasn't walked into his office and ripped up his contract. It seems like Pop thinks he has Bryn for really cheap and thinks he's worth a lot more than he is currently getting paid. What would you guys put his market value at?
    Don't see anyone going crazy for Bryn, but I think something like $30M/4 isn't out of his range if he has a good year. , Seth Curry got $32M/4 from Dallas, and he's comparable if not a little worse than Bryn.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seth def worse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact Forbes is in the HEB commercials shows the Spurs have him in their long term plans. I thought Murray or White made more sense. Forbes is a free agent next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like his at ude. Just don't think he is a starter. and 10mil p/y is starter minutes money. Just my opinion.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The fact Forbes is in the HEB commercials shows the Spurs have him in their long term plans. I thought Murray or White made more sense. Forbes is a free agent next year.
    Well, the commercials run for a year so you can't read too much into it.

Thread Information