My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a simple but awesome and addictive game...

Finished red and blue growing up.

Anyone else finish the pokemon games on game boy?

Easily the best Handheld game of all time....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had sapphire or one of em(can't remember exactly) when I was younger. Played it again on my laptop few years back but couldn't really get into.

Really fun when I was a kid though.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

I played Pokemon Yellow on my GBC emulator back in like...1999? Mom would've smacked me if I had asked for a real GB, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I played Pokemon Yellow on my GBC emulator back in like...1999? Mom would've smacked me if I had asked for a real GB, tbh
    Game boy emulator in 99? Are you serious ? Had no idea emulators was around 99...Was too young.

I never owned a game boy i just traded my ps1 for 3 weeks to play pokemon.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Game boy emulator in 99? Are you serious ? Had no idea emulators was around 99...Was too young.

NO$GMB . 1997 release date.

Emulator developer Martin Korth first created a Game Boy emulator called NO$GMB for DOS in 1997. When the Game Boy Color was released in 1998, the emulator was upgraded to support Game Boy Color ROMs. The emulator was made shareware as for the upgrade, users were charged $10. The Game Boy Color emulation was copied by many other software crackers and released as freeware. -wiki

Played it on my 266 PC with Windows 3.11 (for workgroups )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Emulator developer Martin Korth first created a Game Boy emulator called NO$GMB for DOS in 1997. When the Game Boy Color was released in 1998, the emulator was upgraded to support Game Boy Color ROMs. The emulator was made shareware as for the upgrade, users were charged $10. The Game Boy Color emulation was copied by many other software crackers and released as freeware. -wiki

Cool ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I ing loved NESticle, screen save was the . I still play RBI baseball every once in a while.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I ing loved NESticle, screen save was the . I still play RBI baseball every once in a while.
    You're taking me back bruh. Nesticle, Genecyst, UltraHLE, TGEmu...it made up for lost time when I only owned NES until I got PS1

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Emulators were already mainstream by 1999, tbh. By then, UltraHLE and Bleem had come out and Nintendo and Sony were both flipping a over piracy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the pokemongo, has anyone tried pointing their phone at a , trying to catch a nigglet?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing NESticle with the bleeding chopped off hand icon.

Damn I played the out of that in 1997. I couldn't believe I could play every NES game ever made and play it perfectly on that. But MAME is really the emulator that blew me away since I could play Double Dragon and Zaxxon on it. I remember playing a couple of the Pokemon games around 99 on Game Boy Advance emulators but I couldn't get too into them. I thought they were good games and all but I think I was more into like Half Life, Tony Hawk, Age of Empires II, and so on. Still,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Damn I played the out of that in 1997. I couldn't believe I could play every NES game ever made and play it perfectly on that. But MAME is really the emulator that blew me away since I could play Double Dragon and Zaxxon on it. I remember playing a couple of the Pokemon games around 99 on Game Boy Advance emulators but I couldn't get too into them. I thought they were good games and all but I think I was more into like Half Life, Tony Hawk, Age of Empires II, and so on. Still,
    i had friends playing pokemon during highschool, who all went onto good jobs/businesses

then i had friends who were laughing at those friends who are either former convicts or on welfare/dead

lol that life

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I spent hours playing Metroid, Castlevania 2 just because of the screen save No more entering long ass codes or having to go back and forth across giant maps. All of mt good friends went to Altex or Fry's and got an SNES style controller.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haven't touched one of the cartridge games in a LONG time... i used to play yellow/red/blue and gold/silver but gave up on the series after that. third generation came out in 2002 and that marks when i stopped buying the new games

Thread Information