Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4445051525354
Results 1,326 to 1,347 of 1347
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, you're probably right. I will tell you, though, I wouldn't mind Tim back. Not to play big minutes or anything, but to bring some leadership and stability back to the club that is sorely lacking in those areas right now. It'd be great having him on the bench to help all the young guys out and steer them in the right direction. If he could still play, or if he's knee's gotten better, then that would be a bonus. I'm pretty sure he's still been working out, probably MMA training mostly, so not sure if that would help on the basketball court.
    It's tough to let go but there is nothing Tim can do to help the Spurs out other than just supporting them which he does.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, either way, I'd like him around the team more.

By the way DA, have you seen Sean Cagney around? I went to PM him the other day, but I haven't seen him around for a while, says he hasn't logged on for about a year. Any idea what happened to him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm, I'm starting to think if the Spurs were to keep Kawhi and bring back Tim, Tim might be the only one that can repair the relationship on a day by day basis.
    Tim has 3 kids now, he doesn't need to come back and raise a 4th

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, either way, I'd like him around the team more.

By the way DA, have you seen Sean Cagney around? I went to PM him the other day, but I haven't seen him around for a while, says he hasn't logged on for about a year. Any idea what happened to him?
    I haven't heard from him in a few years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim has 3 kids now, he doesn't need to come back and raise a 4th
    ing this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't heard from him in a few years.
    I did see him around last year, but haven't seen him log on since. I hope he's alright. He's a similar age, and I've known him for about 15 years going back to the other message board. I was going to drop him a message to see how he's going, but looks like he hasn't been active for a while.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, this thread sucks . I wish one never had to be made. Still as legendary as ever to me, but it seems like a lot of people have already forgotten about him. I've never enjoyed the NBA as much since TD retired and to a slightly lesser extent Manu. Two legends that gave it their all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, this thread sucks . I wish one never had to be made. Still as legendary as ever to me, but it seems like a lot of people have already forgotten about him. I've never enjoyed the NBA as much since TD retired and to a slightly lesser extent Manu. Two legends that gave it their all.
    All good things can't last forever.

As a native San Antonian and lifelong Spurs fan, I feel blessed to have been able to witness Timmy's career from start to finish (along with everybody else)

There was joy, there was heartbreak....but we still got to experience once of the best runs of success that ANY sports fan has ever enjoyed.

Imagine being a Browns or Lions fan where your team has been around for like 1000 years and still hasn't won a single Super Bowl.

Don't be sad that it's over, but be happy that it happened. On to a new chapter now....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would have been happy with one NBA le in my lifetime. Never thought they would get one circa 1995. I'm glad my hometown team did it better, for longer, than almost everyone with the five les.

Better days lie ahead, but it will take time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timmy getting ed-slapped at some UFC event

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timmy getting ed-slapped at some UFC event

Big Dave is in the background too!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The day the music died.

Thanks Tim.
    Best player of his era. Best teams of the era.
    All of it legit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The topic that rarely gets talked about is how Timmy his entire career went against Laker teams whose payrolls were higher those that of the Spurs-- literally every year except one (Duncan's last), the Lakers outspent-- and often extensively-- San Antonio. Timmy built his legacy with one of the most frugal teams of the era. If the Spurs had the financial flexibility to add just one quality role player in each of those years at a salary that leveled them with the Lakers, Duncan almost certainly would've finished with 6 or 7 rings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The topic that rarely gets talked about is how Timmy his entire career went against Laker teams whose payrolls were higher those that of the Spurs-- literally every year except one (Duncan's last), the Lakers outspent-- and often extensively-- San Antonio. Timmy built his legacy with one of the most frugal teams of the era. If the Spurs had the financial flexibility to add just one quality role player in each of those years at a salary that leveled them with the Lakers, Duncan almost certainly would've finished with 6 or 7 rings.
    Nah. They lost twice before the Big 3 were fully assembled. Those teams were in transition away from the core of the late ‘90s.
    They had plenty of quality role players in ‘04 and ‘08. The ‘04 team just crapped the bed, especially Turkoglu, plus 0.4 didn’t help. Even Phil Jackson said he’s not sure how the Lakers won that series. The ‘08 team was past its peak, while the Lakers had added prime Pau Gasol for peanuts.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. They lost twice before the Big 3 were fully assembled. Those teams were in transition away from the core of the late ‘90s.
    They had plenty of quality role players in ‘04 and ‘08. The ‘04 team just crapped the bed, especially Turkoglu, plus 0.4 didn’t help. Even Phil Jackson said he’s not sure how the Lakers won that series. The ‘08 team was past its peak, while the Lakers had added prime Pau Gasol for peanuts.
    Thought that was Tex Winter who said that. God Turkoglu was horrible that series. Games 3-6 the Lakers guarded him the way teams guard Westbrook at the three point line. I remember in Games 3 and 4 Turkoglu would get wide open corner threes with no Laker within ten feet of him and he'd brick them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have never been so mad at the team as a fan then I was when they lost to the mavs series.

I swore to myself that I was done with the Spurs but nah, thankfully I was just angry lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have never been so mad at the team as a fan then I was when they lost to the mavs series.

I swore to myself that I was done with the Spurs but nah, thankfully I was just angry lol
    I really thought we would come all the way back and win that Mavs series then go on to repeat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 2004, the Lakers' payroll was $64.1mil compared to the Spurs' $46.4mil. Between '04 and '14, the Lakers outspent the Spurs by more than $150mil, with a higher payroll than the Spurs every season.

https://hoopshype.com/salaries/2013-2014/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 2004, the Lakers' payroll was $64.1mil compared to the Spurs' $46.4mil. Between '04 and '14, the Lakers outspent the Spurs by more than $150mil, with a higher payroll than the Spurs every season.

https://hoopshype.com/salaries/2013-2014/
    Spurs were pretty frugal, but I do feel if they had kept Jax after '03 they would have beaten the lakers in 5 in '04. The problem is that it would have been short lived since Jax is a ticking time bomb and would have eventually destroyed the team chemistry. Also, they would probably ended up losing Manu since they didn't have Bird rights on him and wouldn't have had enough cap space to re-sign him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It still hurts....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

yeah winning one the next year definitely helped.
    but man that was a difficult series to handle against the Mavs. i thought after that Manu 3, the championship was ours.

Thread Information