Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When did Carlos Arroyo lead his team to an Olympic gold exactly?
    Just letting you know how terrible the compe ion was that year

Arroyo and co. blew Team USA out

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just letting you know how terrible the compe ion was that year

Arroyo and co. blew Team USA out
    The USA were supposed to win (I mean Iverson, Amar'e, Wade, James, Melo, Timmy...not really scrubs) and they didn't, and worst USA team or not that's the only time it's happened since NBA players are allowed to play, and just the 5th time since the modern Olympic games exist
    That is HOF worthy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The USA were supposed to win (I mean Iverson, Amar'e, Wade, James, Melo, Timmy...not really scrubs) and they didn't, and worst USA team or not that's the only time it's happened since NBA players are allowed to play, and just the 5th time since the modern Olympic games exist
    That is HOF worthy
    Is Carlos Arroyo HOF worthy?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he do it in the Semifinals and then won the gold?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where was TP in 2004?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where was TP in 2004?
    Waiting for other 4 NBA players so he could win something with France.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waiting for other 4 NBA players so he could win something with France.
    Yup just like Manure had Scola, Delfino, Nacioni, and Prigioni

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of the were nba at the moment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TGY swallowing as usual. Boring

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hahaha, I forgot that a Carlos Arroyo-led Puerto Rico beat us by 20 in those olympics. The US is 40-0 in the last 5 Olympics, besides 2004 where we were 5-3. Wow, that team must have been bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    face palm

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Hahaha, I forgot that a Carlos Arroyo-led Puerto Rico beat us by 20 in those olympics. The US is 40-0 in the last 5 Olympics, besides 2004 where we were 5-3. Wow, that team must have been bad.
    Still better than France that year.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Porker had Diaw, Tariq Abdul-Wahad, and Jerome Moiso (all NBA players) in 2003-04, plus notable Euroleague players like Florent Piétrus, Laurent Foirest, and Cyril Julian. They came into EuroBasket 2003 as the favorites, choked, and failed to even qualify for the Olympics

It's no coincidence that France stopped winning medals at the Olympics once Porker joined the team. Pre-Porker, they won the silver medal in 2000. Once Porker joined in 2001, it's been a big nothingburger ever since. Just more evidence that Tony the Hutt is a massive team cancer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regular season: Tp.
    Post season: Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regular season: Tp.
    Post season: Manu.

Exactly, and more importantly Spurs with 4 NBA championships (with Tony/Manu as the backcourt) while both are headed to the HOF. Plus, they have the added bonus of being the greatest foreign backcourt in NBA history if not in general.....

I wonder if people realize the Spurs with just Manu and Tony (without no Timmy) would be the Toronto Raptors. Both are better than those two, but Timmy (and to a lesser extent Pop) was the linchpin and biggest difference maker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porker was exposed as a bum once he lost his burst of speed ala Ty Lawson.
    We all knew that would happen. Obviously his game was very speed-dependent. The relevant question is, when he had his speed, how did he compare with Manu at his best on offense?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was obvious a troll thread created by the OP to hate on Parker. Parker was basically an undersized 2 guard playing the 1 position but that's not really a knock against Parker considering the league is now full of these type of players. Chris Paul is probably the only natural PG in today's NBA. Before his decline Parker was the best PG I have ever seen to be able to drive and get inside the paint. I think he even lead the league a few times in most points scored in the paint. Parker gets knocked for his playoff performances but in the last 25 years there have been only 4 PG's that have played 50 plus playoff games and shot a higher percentage in the playoffs than Parker. Those 4 PG's are Nash,Stockton, Kevin Johnson, CP3. The PG position is the easiest position to guard in basketball and hence it's rare to see a PG lead championship team.

Manu was also amazing for his position. Great ball handling, passing, driving, athletic ability. The only knock I can really say against Manu was that he was injury prone. No way he would have lasted as long as he did if he didn't play for the Spurs. Spurs always had to monitor his minutes during the regular season to make sure he wouldn't get hurt. I'am definitely convinced his career would have ended earlier if he was asked to be a number 1 option on some other team.

In conclusion both were elite at their positions at one point of time in their careers. Both had flaws. One was inconsistent during the playoffs and the other one was fragile as glass when it came to injuries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was obvious a troll thread created by the OP to hate on Parker. Parker was basically an undersized 2 guard playing the 1 position but that's not really a knock against Parker considering the league is now full of these type of players. Chris Paul is probably the only natural PG in today's NBA. Before his decline Parker was the best PG I have ever seen to be able to drive and get inside the paint. I think he even lead the league a few times in most points scored in the paint. Parker gets knocked for his playoff performances but in the last 25 years there have been only 4 PG's that have played 50 plus playoff games and shot a higher percentage in the playoffs than Parker. Those 4 PG's are Nash,Stockton, Kevin Johnson, CP3. The PG position is the easiest position to guard in basketball and hence it's rare to see a PG lead championship team.

Manu was also amazing for his position. Great ball handling, passing, driving, athletic ability. The only knock I can really say against Manu was that he was injury prone. No way he would have lasted as long as he did if he didn't play for the Spurs. Spurs always had to monitor his minutes during the regular season to make sure he wouldn't get hurt. I'am definitely convinced his career would have ended earlier if he was asked to be a number 1 option on some other team.

In conclusion both were elite at their positions at one point of time in their careers. Both had flaws. One was inconsistent during the playoffs and the other one was fragile as glass when it came to injuries.
    Fragile as glass people dont play pro basketball at age 40, you make it sound like Manu is Greg Oden 2.0.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We all knew that would happen. Obviously his game was very speed-dependent. The relevant question is, when he had his speed, how did he compare with Manu at his best on offense?
    Not good, Parker always had the floater and a decent mid shot... that was it, lots of shots with low FG% and a dive of stats in the playoffs, now take his speed away and his lack of interest to pass the ball= ed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fragile as glass people dont play pro basketball at age 40, you make it sound like Manu is Greg Oden 2.0.
    He was fragile as glass. Out of the big 3 he missed more games than Duncan and Parker. Manu played only 80 percent of regular season games career wise compared to Parker who played 87 percent and Duncan who played 89 percent. Which means 20 percent of time Manu wasn't available to play. Manu also had freak injuries that either took him out of the playoffs are limited his effectiveness. He suffered that arm injury before the 2011 playoffs that paved the way for the Grizzlies to upset the spurs. He also had that freakish ankle injury in the '08 playoffs against the Suns which killed the spurs chances of repeating. Then he missed the '09 playoffs completely with a broken ankle. No way to spin it Manu was injury prone. With Manu you just never know what type of injury will occur ala getting his balls broken by Ryan Anderson. This is a guy historically who finds different ways to get injured. If he wasn't a spur I would laugh at him because it is comical. I like Manu but that will always be the biggest knock on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol @ the "fragile" narrative still surfacing when the dude is still producing above league average at age 39... for those that actually seen the "human pinball machine" in his early 20s, the most optimist prognostication was that he'll be done by his late 20's considering the how hard he was going on every play (and a big reason why Pop toned down his minutes). The biggest knock on Manu is probably that, that he never knew how to play in "safe mode", he only played one way: hard. At least until he got older and changed his game pretty dramatically, and still is able to impact the game, although in a different way. He missed just one playoffs in his entire 14-season career due to injury.

He's in the top 30 all-time in minutes played in the playoffs. This is for a guy with "limited minutes" and coming largely from the bench. So comparing to TD or TP, it might not look that great, but when you compare to the league overall, that's pretty impressive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Injury prone due to his style of play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was fragile as glass. Out of the big 3 he missed more games than Duncan and Parker. Manu played only 80 percent of regular season games career wise compared to Parker who played 87 percent and Duncan who played 89 percent. Which means 20 percent of time Manu wasn't available to play. Manu also had freak injuries that either took him out of the playoffs are limited his effectiveness. He suffered that arm injury before the 2011 playoffs that paved the way for the Grizzlies to upset the spurs. He also had that freakish ankle injury in the '08 playoffs against the Suns which killed the spurs chances of repeating. Then he missed the '09 playoffs completely with a broken ankle. No way to spin it Manu was injury prone. With Manu you just never know what type of injury will occur ala getting his balls broken by Ryan Anderson. This is a guy historically who finds different ways to get injured. If he wasn't a spur I would laugh at him because it is comical. I like Manu but that will always be the biggest knock on him.
    Biggest knock on the Spurs too, tbh... without Manu they could not even win a series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is tough as nails. His only fault, if you can call it a fault, is that he plays with such a compr ive spirit that he sacrifices his body with such compe iveness. When was the last year when you saw parker take a hard charge? If Manu was fragile, he would have been out of the NBA at age 30. Pop has commended him for his compe iveness many times.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is tough as nails. His only fault, if you can call it a fault, is that he plays with such a compr ive spirit that he sacrifices his body with such compe iveness. When was the last year when you saw parker take a hard charge? If Manu was fragile, he would have been out of the NBA at age 30. Pop has commended him for his compe iveness many times.
    Him being fragile has nothing to do with his compe iveness. It's just the way his body is built. If he didn't play for the Spurs he would have been out of the league by now. He was only able to play 2 regular seasons in his career of 30 plus minutes are more. That fact shows me he was pretty fragile. Pop had to to preserve his minutes to limit the chances of him getting hurt.

Thread Information