Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biggest knock on the Spurs too, tbh... without Manu they could not even win a series.
    What are you talking about they won a quite few playoff series without him from '97-'02. Spoken like a bandwagon fan. The times they couldn't win without him was when Duncan was past his prime and suffering from knee problems which was after '08.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread is ridiculous. Manu and his Fragile-self had a prime of one year. Then spent the rest of his career fouling dirk, coming off the bench, getting hurt and throwing turnovers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are you talking about they won a quite few playoff series without him from '97-'02. Spoken like a bandwagon fan. The times they couldn't win without him was when Duncan was past his prime and suffering from knee problems which was after '08.
    I was talking about Big 3´s era what the is wrong in your head???????

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was talking about Big 3´s era what the is wrong in your head???????
    You didn't say that. This is what you said "Biggest knock on the Spurs too, tbh... without Manu they could not even win a series." You have poor reading comprehension skills but I'm not surprised.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread is ridiculous. Manu and his Fragile-self had a prime of one year. Then spent the rest of his career fouling dirk, coming off the bench, getting hurt and throwing turnovers
    Omfg

[/thread]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You didn't say that. This is what you said "Biggest knock on the Spurs too, tbh... without Manu they could not even win a series." You have poor reading comprehension skills but I'm not surprised.
    You have no reading comprehension skills at all, TD is the greatest Spurs icon, and without Manu could not win a single series during the Big 3 era, Porker neither ... ergo biggest knock on the Spurs during the winning championships era so much TD TP talk but without the stellar sexy big nosed 6th man nothing happened, thats worst than your ¨fiberglass¨ theory.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You forgot the 4 rings' part tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have no reading comprehension skills at all, TD is the greatest Spurs icon, and without Manu could not win a single series during the Big 3 era, Porker neither ... ergo biggest knock on the Spurs during the winning championships era so much TD TP talk but without the stellar sexy big nosed 6th man nothing happened, thats worst than your ¨fiberglass¨ theory.
    Wow what a great revelation by a bandwagon fan. Too bad you ignore the fact when the Spurs lost to the Mavs in '09 without Manu that Duncan was already past his prime. It was that series where his decline began. I remember Duncan getting diagnosed with serious knee ailments during that series which limited his effectiveness. Basically in your words a past his prime Duncan could not win a playoff series without Manu. You are insulting Duncan who is the GOAT spur of all time and top 5 player of all time by saying he couldn't win a playoff series in his prime without Manu.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a side note this thread was a troll job done by the OP to deliberately make this into an anti-Parker bashing thread. Both Parker and Manu were valuable to the Spurs during the 4 championships they took part in. Bottom line both of them were not not superstars. At their best they were all-star caliber players. Without Duncan both would not have had the type of careers they had. They were Duncan's supporting caste so debating which one was better is just stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a side note this thread was a troll job done by the OP to deliberately make this into an anti-Parker bashing thread. Both Parker and Manu were valuable to the Spurs during the 4 championships they took part in. Bottom line both of them were not not superstars. At their best they were all-star caliber players. Without Duncan both would not have had the type of careers they had. They were Duncan's supporting caste so debating which one was better is just stupid.
    Exactly, man. Too many people want to argue the point to make "their guy" look better. It doesn't matter cause they are both high caliber NBA players (all-time), but would be a lot less successful without Timmy and coach Pop. Mostly Timmy, though.
    Last edited by J_Paco; 08-01-2016 at 09:49 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow what a great revelation by a bandwagon fan. Too bad you ignore the fact when the Spurs lost to the Mavs in '09 without Manu that Duncan was already past his prime. It was that series where his decline began. I remember Duncan getting diagnosed with serious knee ailments during that series which limited his effectiveness. Basically in your words a past his prime Duncan could not win a playoff series without Manu. You are insulting Duncan who is the GOAT spur of all time and top 5 player of all time by saying he couldn't win a playoff series in his prime without Manu.
    Facts are facts so your past their prime is out of the equation, but lets add your past their primes ... same could be said about TD and his ¨fiberglass knees¨, by saying stupid thing after stupid thing now you want to mix by bringing TD.
    Injured or not he could not get it done without Manu, suck a fat one and accept it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Facts are facts so your past their prime is out of the equation, but lets add your past their primes ... same could be said about TD and his ¨fiberglass knees¨, by saying stupid thing after stupid thing now you want to mix by bringing TD.
    Injured or not he could not get it done without Manu, suck a fat one and accept it.
    Proving your not a spurs fan but a Manu homer when you insult Duncan. Can't say Duncan was injury prone like Manu was considering he played close to 90 percent of his regular season games. Also saying Duncan couldn't win a playoff series without Manu is very laughable. You lose all credibility when you say that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Proving your not a spurs fan but a Manu homer when you insult Duncan. Can't say Duncan was injury prone like Manu was considering he played close to 90 percent of his regular season games. Also saying Duncan couldn't win a playoff series without Manu is very laughable. You lose all credibility when you say that.
    Lol because Duncan won the rings by himself and was 100% perfect, I dont care about your ¨fiberglass cred¨

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol because Duncan won the rings by himself and was 100% perfect, I dont care about your ¨fiberglass cred¨
    Yes and according to your logic Duncan in his prime could never win a series without Manu even though he had gotten out of the first round during the first 5 years of his career Pre-Manu. Please elaborate to me on how Duncan couldn't win a playoff series without Manu when he was able to win previously with guys like Elie,Jaren Jackson,Steve Smith, Derek Anderson,Del Negro. This is as stupid as using Michael Jordan's wizard years against him and screaming "He couldn't go to the playoffs without Scottie Pippen" when in reality we all knew Mike was over the hill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TD couldnt get it done without Manu

Man, i didnt even think about it til right now, but the next generation of NASF will be talking about Timmy. So sad.

At least he kicks ass in advanced stats. That should keep some of em from popping off at the mouth too much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes and according to your logic Duncan in his prime could never win a series without Manu even though he had gotten out of the first round during the first 5 years of his career Pre-Manu. Please elaborate to me on how Duncan couldn't win a playoff series without Manu when he was able to win previously with guys like Elie,Jaren Jackson,Steve Smith, Derek Anderson,Del Negro. This is as stupid as using Michael Jordan's wizard years against him and screaming "He couldn't go to the playoffs without Scottie Pippen" when in reality we all knew Mike was over the hill.
    Because we are talking about the Big 3 era, and every time Manu was injured Spurs had a first round exit, facts are facts... sorry about that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because we are talking about the Big 3 era, and every time Manu was injured Spurs had a first round exit, facts are facts... sorry about that.
    Facts Facts Duncan was past his prime when those first round playoff exits happen. Hey by your logic Shaq could never get out of the first round without a healthy Wade during the "Miami Era". Debating with you is like debating with a special needs kid.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TD couldnt get it done without Manu

Man, i didnt even think about it til right now, but the next generation of NASF will be talking about Timmy. So sad.

At least he kicks ass in advanced stats. That should keep some of em from popping off at the mouth too much.
    Manure fans will on every Spurs legend before it's all said an done tbh. Imagine believing Manure is better than the Admiral

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Facts Facts Duncan was past his prime when those first round playoff exits happen. Hey by your logic Shaq could never get out of the first round without a healthy Wade during the "Miami Era". Debating with you is like debating with a special needs kid.
    Past his prime??? he was 32 years old not 54. So he could play like a great during the 2013 and 2014 runs and at age 32 he was an old POS... get your facts straight.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Past his prime??? he was 32 years old not 54. So he could play like a great during the 2013 and 2014 runs and at age 32 he was an old POS... get your facts straight.
    Right because Duncan was still in his prime at age 32 back in '09 despite having only 1 good knee that worked. Having only 1 working knee means you are still in your prime. It took Tim a good 2 years after '09 to figure out how to play at a high level with 1 good knee. The clincher this year was the 1 good knee he had went out thus forcing him to retire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right because Duncan was still in his prime at age 32 back in '09 despite having only 1 good knee that worked. Having only 1 working knee means you are still in your prime. It took Tim a good 2 years after '09 to figure out how to play at a high level with 1 good knee. The clincher this year was the 1 good knee he had went out thus forcing him to retire.
    According to your smart logic he was out of his prime in 2000 after the surgery...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to your smart logic he was out of his prime in 2000 after the surgery...
    Nice try really nice try considering after surgery Duncan didn't have any knee problems up until the spring of '09.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice try really nice try considering after surgery Duncan didn't have any knee problems up until the spring of '09.
    How do you know? Tim is that you????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the last 5 years, the Spurs have won 4 different playoff series with Manu scoring less than 10 PPG, including the Portland series in 2014 where he went for an impactful 8.6/3.8 on 29% shooting. In the '03 le run, he only had one series where he scored 10 PPG. They've had plenty of series they've won without Manu doing much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the last 5 years, the Spurs have won 4 different playoff series with Manu scoring less than 10 PPG, including the Portland series in 2014 where he went for an impactful 8.6/3.8 on 29% shooting. In the '03 le run, he only had one series where he scored 10 PPG. They've had plenty of series they've won without Manu doing much.
    Great, now Manu is all about scoring just like Porky dribble dribble shoot equals championship.
    No Manu and they lose the series, thats a fact.

Thread Information