Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Avante, I'm let u be you, but what's your point? R u still trying to prove that you are the track officionado on this site? I think we all concede the fact.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    However, cantthinkofanything has his merits as well. He is quite entertaining when not too crude, but it's just his way I suppose.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Avante, I'm let u be you, but what's your point? R u still trying to prove that you are the track officionado on this site? I think we all concede the fact.
    I get a kick watching how people act when they won't admit things.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ahh...ok. Folks, are any of us in denial of Mr. Avantes track knowledge? This man has proven to be the champ of that in my opinion. Any challengers? I'd like to see this.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ahh...ok. Folks, are any of us in denial of Mr. Avantes track knowledge? This man has proven to be the champ of that in my opinion. Any challengers? I'd like to see this.
    I have never met my equal on the internet and I post on track & field sites. IF...talking the who/what/where pertaining to the...

4x1
    long jump
    110hh
    4x4

I am the "Da Man" I have no equal.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I believe you. So. Who is Bolts main comp this year?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I believe you. So. Who is Bolts main comp this year?
    There is some concern over the big guys health. He hasn't been himself for a couple seasons now because of injuries and a back condition. So...IF...he is close (never going to be 100% at this stage of his career) to being 100%, he really has no legit compe ion. But, if not 95% then he could lose the 100m to American Justin Gatlin. Gatlin came this far............................................... ................................................fr om beating Bolt at the Worlds last season.

At 200m Bolt could be 85% and win that event, there he really has no compe ion not even Gatlin. Bolt canrun a 19.5 with ease, nobody else can do that.

If somebody does surprise and stuns us all it will be American Trayvon Bromell. He won the World Indoor 60 this season (no Bolt/Gatlin) and took third (tied with Canadian/USC Andre DeGrasse) in the World 100m in 2015. He;s only 21 and coming on.

DeGrasse could also surprise.

2015 Worlds.

Last edited by Avante; 08-01-2016 at 10:38 AM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I have never met my equal on the internet and I post on track & field sites. IF...talking the who/what/where pertaining to the...

4x1
    long jump
    110hh
    4x4

I am the "Da Man" I have no equal.
    I know a lot of people that can remember facts.
    Much more than you but in more interesting areas.

So you have a gift but it's not one I would choose to have because it's so low order. No analysis or synthesis. And when you do try to use these skills in football you fall flat on your face.

ex. Dallas will beat Carolina... Last year. Tony Romo is hot. Tony Romo had just come off an injury and had one good game. Then he has to play a shortened schedule game against a very good defense. A common phenomena with older guys is not being able to perform once and then getting very very sore. You should know this. It was a horrible bet, horrible. Because you focus on the wrong data. This is what happens to an automaton. No flexibility in thought. You don't know how to analyze what is in your head. Or some relevant data is just not up there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There is some concern over the big guys health. He hasn't been himself for a couple seasons now because of injuries and a back condition. So...IF...he is close (never going to be 100% at this stage of his career) to being 100%, he really has no legit compe ion. But, if not 95% then he could lose the 100m to American Justin Gatlin. Gatlin came this far............................................... ................................................fr om beating Bolt at the Worlds last season.

At 200m Bolt could be 85% and win that event, there he really has no compe ion not even Gatlin. Bolt canrun a 19.5 with ease, nobody else can do that.

If somebody does surprise and stuns us all it will be American Trayvon Bromell. He won the World Indoor 60 this season (no Bolt/Gatlin) and took third (tied with Canadian/USC Andre DeGrasse) in the World 100m in 2015. He;s only 21 and coming on.

DeGrasse could also surprise.
    awesome. Now this is some knowledge I can use! I'll definitely be watching.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    You know lists. No doubt.

The problem is making any sort of interesting thoughts using higher order skills.

I knew a girl who had a photographic memory. I could take her notes from old classes and bingo she could read them off. She could read off court cases if she had stared at the pages long enough. But when she went to UT law school she made relatively mediocre grades. She could not use the memorizing really well in higher order ways. The other really good students could not "see" the pages but they had a gift for taking the meaningful part of the cases and could play with them given very different questions. They had deeply understood the significance of the case in many different contexts.

You basically reorder facts. It's cool, but only goes so far.

For instance, a cheetah can hold its top speed over a much longer distance than a human. But it turns out it probably suc bs to the same sort of breakdown on the biochemical level as a human. Muscles in mammals work in very much the same way of the biochem level.

Now what is interesting: you could claim the cheetah as a freak, but it actually is under the same basic biochemical rules as humans. And it's physically reasonable to claim the cheetah might not even be able to hold its top speed as well as a human. Do you know why? the hint is in the bolded.
    There will be no answer from Avante. Track guys could answer this because they can do more than memorize facts.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I know a lot of people that can remember facts.
    Much more than you but in more interesting areas.

So you have a gift but it's not one I would choose to have because it's so low order. No analysis or synthesis. And when you do try to use these skills in football you fall flat on your face.

ex. Dallas will beat Carolina... Last year. Tony Romo is hot. Tony Romo had just come off an injury and had one good game. Then he has to play a shortened schedule game against a very good defense. A common phenomena with older guys is not being able to perform once and then getting very very sore. You should know this. It was a horrible bet, horrible. Because you focus on the wrong data. This is what happens to an automaton. No flexibility in thought. You don't know how to analyze what is in your head. Or some relevant data is just not up there.
    Why do you worry so much about Avante?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There will be no answer from Avante. Track guys could answer this because they can do more than memorize facts.
    I am a track guy and know all there is to know about how to sprint. Thought you knew that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I am a track guy and know all there is to know about how to sprint. Thought you knew that.
    I stand by my statements before.
    Answer the question.

I am illustrating what you appear to lack. You can choose not to use your ability to memorize.
    Its all cool. You are still a resource for Olympic sprints for facts. When August leaves us we will have only football Avante using bad data and child like analysis.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Answer the question.

I am illustrating what you appear to lack. You can choose not to use your ability to memorize.
    Its all cool. You are still a resource for Olympic sprints for facts. When August leaves us we will have only football Avante using bad data and child like analysis.
    maybe you are being too harsh on this guy that aspires to be spursforsix.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Answer the question.

What bad data and childlike analysis and be specific. You ever seen me break down a potential ATS play or explain the importance of the run game or what it takes to be a 100m sprinter?

What it is it you are a little prick who can't stand the fact I know far more about this stuff than you do.

Bad data? Childlike analysis..ha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Do this, start a thread asking me/SFS 10 questions about track/football/music/rasslin' and watch what happens.

Hmmmmm...oh yeah, you don;t know 10 questions.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    hey, i was just trying to give everyone your perspective. its not silly to chase impossible dreams.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    hey, i was just trying to give everyone your perspective. its not silly to chase impossible dreams.
    Who has this goal?

Avante...hey SFS can you answer anything I have asked you about anything?
    SFS...nope~

Well?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    What bad data and childlike analysis and be specific. You ever seen me break down a potential ATS play or explain the importance of the run game or what it takes to be a 100m sprinter?

What it is it you are a little prick who can't stand the fact I know far more about this stuff than you do.

Bad data? Childlike analysis..ha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I gave you one huge big fat example. Carolina v. Dallas last year.

And I explained exactly why I thought it was absolutely horrific.

You use trends from teams that are not even the same teams except for their names. That's just ridiculous. You listen to Vegas guys who sell their . Do you know why they sell their instead of just keeping it for themselves?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    listen, i didn't want to be the one to tell you this but, all the source material you us was provided by spursforsix.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

I would not use his name in the same sentence with the legend that is spurs46.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I gave you one huge big fat example. Carolina v. Dallas last year.

And I explained exactly why I thought it was absolutely horrific.

You use trends from teams that are not even the same teams except for their names. That's just ridiculous. You listen to Vegas guys who sell their . Do you know why they sell their instead of just keeping it for themselves?
    Pay attetion slick.

I have won over 3000 bucks do ented the last two seasons in the NFL forum. I go with time tested trends for a COACH/QB combo, ok? I go back 4 seasons if the same coach/QB are there, ok? Then after ....I...do all the work only then do I see if what I have matchs what the wise guys have, ok? And I have never spent a dime on buying anything because I know just as much as the guys selling info know, ok?

I will win 2000 or more this season and you can watch me do it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Pay attetion slick.

I have won over 3000 bucks do ented the last two seasons in the NFL forum. I go with time tested trends for a COACH/QB combo, ok? I go back 4 seasons if the same coach/QB are there, ok? Then after ....I...do all the work only then do I see if what I have matchs what the wise guys have, ok? And I have never spent a dime on buying anything because I know just as much as the guys selling info know, ok?

I will win 2000 or more this season and you can watch me do it.
    You lie when you keep track.

I already exposed you in the playoffs. Do you need to read it again? I follow you for ONE flipping week in the playoffs and you lied about your pick AND your totals. No way I'm following a known liar who uses ridiculously simplistic relationships spanning years when teams change from year to year.

I will let others keep track of your lies. And you and I both know that you did lie.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You lie when you keep track.

I already exposed you in the playoffs. Do you need to read it again? I follow you for ONE flipping week in the playoffs and you lied about your pick AND your totals. No way I'm following a known liar who uses ridiculously simplistic relationships spanning years when teams change from year to year.

I will let others keep track of your lies. And you and I both know that you did lie.
    There was a guy there who had a thread keeping track of my plays named spurraider, he do ented all my plays and I won over 2000 in 2014, are you saying that isn't true?

I would try to lie knowing everyone is watching my plays, are you for real? Dude, I don;'t lie, and where you got that BS,??????????????

PM spurraider and ask him about my 2014 plays and his thread...Avante Betting Tracker Thread...ok?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    There was a guy there who had a thread keeping track of my plays named spurraider, he do ented all my plays and I won over 2000 in 2014, are you saying that isn't true?

I would try to lie knowing everyone is watching my plays, are you for real? Dude, I don;'t lie, and where you got that BS,??????????????

PM spurraider and ask him about my 2014 plays and his thread...Avante Betting Tracker Thread...ok?
    I followed you ONE WEEK last season and you blatantly lied in the playoffs.
    And you lied when there were FEWER teams to keep track of, kind of stupid slick.

Furthermore, a monkey throwing darts could win over one season. But over a lifetime... Nopes, not likely.

Thread Information