Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russell Westbrook 'angry and hurt' that Kevin Durant didn't call
    The Thunder star essentially has to decide his future a year early
    by James Herbert

It's a weird time to be Russell Westbrook. As soon as Kevin Durant left the Oklahoma City Thunder to join the Golden State Warriors, Westbrook's future became an inescapable topic of conversation. As well as speculation about where the Thunder might trade him, there was a report that Durant left partially because of his playing style. Durant denied it, but there were other reasons for Westbrook to be upset. A year before he hits free agency, he is under pressure to decide whether or not he will stay in Oklahoma City long-term.
    According to ESPN's Royce Young, Westbrook isn't happy about this situation, nor is he pleased with the way that Durant left:
    Those close to Westbrook say he's both angry and hurt not only by Durant's decision to leave but also because Durant didn't even call to tell him personally. Westbrook wasn't prepared to be in this position -- three weeks ago, like everyone else, he thought Durant was coming back. And he had to learn the hard way he wasn't.
    Westbrook has remained mum, but he and the Thunder have been in communication often since Durant's departure. [...] And with Durant now gone, Westbrook understands the gravity of his own choice -- he leaves, and the organization burns to the ground in a summer. So he wants to give them clarity to either move on with or without him.
    Oklahoma City hasn't done much to its roster this offseason, and ESPN reported that this is because the front office is waiting on Westbrook. The star guard reportedly does not want to be traded, but he hasn't decided to commit to the organization for the long haul, either. The Thunder's top priority is renegotiating and extending his contract this summer, which is why they renounced Dion Waiters' rights, leading to Waiters agreeing to a discount deal with the Miami Heat.

It is not entirely fair that Westbrook is in this position. He's dealing with the stressful part of free agency -- potentially devastating a franchise and a city -- but he is not really free because his options are limited. He won't, for example, be able to make a move to a championship team like Durant did. No contender would realistically be able to acquire him without gutting its roster. Even if Westbrook fully respects Durant's decision, it would be difficult for him not to be frustrated by the effects of it. And he can't really be mad at Oklahoma City, as the front office obviously must avoid losing both of them for nothing.
    As for the lack of a phone call: That's a tough one. Durant said that calling the Thunder to deliver the news was the most difficult thing he's ever done, and he said that he did talk to Westbrook about the decision, at least briefly. You have to wonder how that conversation went and when exactly it took place, but it sounds like Durant could have handled that part of his Oklahoma City exit better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russell Westbrook 'angry and hurt' that Kevin Durant didn't call
    The Thunder star essentially has to decide his future a year early
    by James Herbert

It's a weird time to be Russell Westbrook. As soon as Kevin Durant left the Oklahoma City Thunder to join the Golden State Warriors, Westbrook's future became an inescapable topic of conversation. As well as speculation about where the Thunder might trade him, there was a report that Durant left partially because of his playing style. Durant denied it, but there were other reasons for Westbrook to be upset. A year before he hits free agency, he is under pressure to decide whether or not he will stay in Oklahoma City long-term.
    According to ESPN's Royce Young, Westbrook isn't happy about this situation, nor is he pleased with the way that Durant left:
    Those close to Westbrook say he's both angry and hurt not only by Durant's decision to leave but also because Durant didn't even call to tell him personally. Westbrook wasn't prepared to be in this position -- three weeks ago, like everyone else, he thought Durant was coming back. And he had to learn the hard way he wasn't.
    Westbrook has remained mum, but he and the Thunder have been in communication often since Durant's departure. [...] And with Durant now gone, Westbrook understands the gravity of his own choice -- he leaves, and the organization burns to the ground in a summer. So he wants to give them clarity to either move on with or without him.
    Oklahoma City hasn't done much to its roster this offseason, and ESPN reported that this is because the front office is waiting on Westbrook. The star guard reportedly does not want to be traded, but he hasn't decided to commit to the organization for the long haul, either. The Thunder's top priority is renegotiating and extending his contract this summer, which is why they renounced Dion Waiters' rights, leading to Waiters agreeing to a discount deal with the Miami Heat.

It is not entirely fair that Westbrook is in this position. He's dealing with the stressful part of free agency -- potentially devastating a franchise and a city -- but he is not really free because his options are limited. He won't, for example, be able to make a move to a championship team like Durant did. No contender would realistically be able to acquire him without gutting its roster. Even if Westbrook fully respects Durant's decision, it would be difficult for him not to be frustrated by the effects of it. And he can't really be mad at Oklahoma City, as the front office obviously must avoid losing both of them for nothing.
    As for the lack of a phone call: That's a tough one. Durant said that calling the Thunder to deliver the news was the most difficult thing he's ever done, and he said that he did talk to Westbrook about the decision, at least briefly. You have to wonder how that conversation went and when exactly it took place, but it sounds like Durant could have handled that part of his Oklahoma City exit better.
    Parker and green for him

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Hurt? Alphabrook not looking so Alpha afterall...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant did him dirt...damnable dirt.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He's not alone... Jim was so hurt about it, he retiredPERID!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nope. He beat WB to the door. WB is UFA next year.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ...& that, my friend is the worst kind of dirt.

PRESSURE MAKES DIAMONDS
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

PRESSURE MAKES DIAMONDS
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.

That got WB had his period,

and he's upset and crying because

KD ed him and didn't call...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that pussy chimp

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If their free agency situations were reversed and Westbrook switched teams without calling Durant, all the Russ homers here would be saying what an "alpha" move it was, and that Durant being "angry and hurt" only proves he's a "beta." I still don't get all the drama about it-- the guy was in a position to put himself in the best place possible, and he did it. If you were looking for a job and you had 5 job offers, would you take the 3rd best job, or the 2nd best? No, you'd take the best one. That's what Durant did.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If their free agency situations were reversed and Westbrook switched teams without calling Durant, all the Russ homers here would be saying what an "alpha" move it was, and that Durant being "angry and hurt" only proves he's a "beta." I still don't get all the drama about it-- the guy was in a position to put himself in the best place possible, and he did it. If you were looking for a job and you had 5 job offers, would you take the 3rd best job, or the 2nd best? No, you'd take the best one. That's what Durant did.
    yep.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    angry and hurt? really? you're a millionaire; stop being a pussy with your bs emotions!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what? there's a difference between being "alpha" and being a sociopath..

Any real man would be hurt by his little brother or son backstabbing them, which is the case here..Russ is hurt(rightfully so) that his little brother(always hid behind him and used him as a shield, too) turned out to be a snake..

In typical Dominos fashion, now he's hiding behind his other older brother, Draymond

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sodium Chloridebrook

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, dude wants his own team and won't go run to another and join up. I can't say that is a bad thing though staying put as he seems to be very loyal.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yep, dude wants his own team and won't go run to another and join up. I can't say that is a bad thing though staying put as he seems to be very loyal.
    Gonna get himself in deeper & deeper.

ADDENDUM:::& you just know Media will eat it up if he stays there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna get himself in deeper & deeper.
    Could be worse, you know. 1111 S Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90015

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Could be worse, you know. 1111 S Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90015
    They were selling your .

Nothing trumps that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were selling your .

Nothing trumps that.
    140 already regulated this. But how goes it?

Thread Information