Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If you read that and thought I was talking history with art you're dumber than I thought.

And....I did take History of Art at COS. So lets talk some art, can you?

Let me go get my text book I used.

FINALLY...FINALLY...FINALLY...something you can talk about.

So what period do ya want to start out with?
    When I said, "art", I was using it broadly to include music as a subset. But it's the same difference.

But maybe that's your thing. You'd rather know just the facts about music than understand and appreciate it for what it is.

But don't think for a second that it was the lifelong ambition of Pee Pee the Kidnapper or Miles Davis to have played their music and lived their lives just so you could put them in some list.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hey, I dislike Avante as much as the next guy but why are you so caught up on that? We already know Avante doesn't really know anything. Why do you stick to that same argument?
    Because i feel like it. The roman catholic and others church forced hundreds of millions Mexicans and Blacks to bow to idols , statues, crosses etc and iow keeping them in violation. By violence. Today ya take a rosary and light that on fire and either you take a beating or get killed. Maybe worse than an American Flag. That idolatry keeps blacks and Mexicans docile and passsive. Just like the slavemasters intended. the roman catholic church and all its idols and graven images.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    When I said, "art", I was using it broadly to include music as a subset. But it's the same difference.

But maybe that's your thing. You'd rather know just the facts about music than understand and appreciate it for what it is.

But don't think for a second that it was the lifelong ambition of Pee Pee the Kidnapper or Miles Davis to have played their music and lived their lives just so you could put them in some list.
    Stupid I play the harmonica and have played with buddies many times. I have talked about that before, damn you're stupid. My dad played the guitar, mom played the piano and I banged on things as my sisters sang, I talked about that before.

Dude, you're level of stupdity really should be illegal.

The great Noah Lewis and this tune the one I used to figure out the harmonica, then it was off to both Sonny Boys, Sonny Terry, and the amazing Little Walter.

No where is Viola Lee mentioned, ha! The Grateful Dead do a great cover,
    Last edited by Avante; 08-01-2016 at 02:38 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Stupid I play the harmonica and have played with buddies many times. I have talked about that before, damn you're stupid. My dad played the guitar, mom played the piano and I banged on things as my sisters sang, I talked about that before.

Dude, you're level of stupdity really should be illegal.

The great Noah Lewis and this tune the one I used to figure out the harmonica, then it was off to both Sonny Boys, Sonny Terry, and the amazing Little Walter.
    haha. I'm not touching this one.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ah...I can't help it

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Did the "harmonica" have just one hole in the tip?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Did the "harmonica" have just one hole in the tip?
    This is where ya need to stay, ok stupid? Do this childish bull , it fits you, ok? Stay away from trying to hang with me about anything, as you saw you will take a beating. Dude, you are...does an harmonica have one hole in the tip....that is where you belong, ok?

Ok, see your dumbass in a week.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This is where ya need to stay, ok stupid? Do this childish bull , it fits you, ok? Stay away from trying to hang with me about anything, as you saw you will take a beating. Dude, you are...does an harmonica have one hole in the tip....that is where you belong, ok?

Ok, see your dumbass in a week.
    uh...just to be clear...you're not coming to my house right?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    uh...just to be clear...you're not coming to my house right?
    Did I read that wrong or did it say that he banged his sister and made her sing?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Did I read that wrong or did it say that he banged his sister and made her sing?
    He's living his life with his mind straddling fantasy and his dark reality. We found out that his mom was a " fan". His mind warped this into "jazz fan". His buddies made him give them oral sex and he's mutated this into hanging around and playing the harmonica. His life in the military at the asian bar? Yep...his mind justifying what he's done in the local schoolyards.

I'm not a psychologist (but I probably could be) but there seems to be a lot of things he needs to work through.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    So you would never read a western about the old west, written by anyone who wasn't there....right? So unless the author was in Berlin Germany in 1936 he can't write about Jesse Owens and those Olympic games, right?
    Of course he can.
    But if he wants to really know it who does he go to or where does he look for information?

So now if you please, so I can illustrate why the great Spurs46 is more intimately in tune (pun intended) with the subject:

We're you alive during April22-26, 1970?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Of course he can.
    But if he wants to really know it who does he go to or where does he look for information?

So now if you please, so I can illustrate why the great Spurs46 is more intimately in tune (pun intended) with the subject:

We're you alive during April22-26, 1970?
    I was born in 1949.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I was born in 1949.
    So you were around 21 at the time and theoretically could have been in New Orleans.

Do you know what was going on in New Orleans in Congo square?
    Last edited by pgardn; 08-01-2016 at 05:52 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So you were around 21 at the time and theoretical could have been in New Orleans.

Do you know what was going on in New Orleans in Congo square?
    I was in Viet Nam at 21 and at 21 knew little about most things. I didn't get into this... need to know... it all until later on in life.

I turned 21 in Hawaii and was at a bar on Wikiki called THE RED NOODLE.

What is your point?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I was in Viet Nam at 21 and at that 21 knew little about most things. I didn't get into this... need to know... it all until later on in life.

What is your point?
    Do you know the definition of theoretical so I don't lose you?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Do you know the definition of theoretical so I don't lose you?
    Do ya know if ya plan on talking to somebody being a smartass punk won't help? You're kind of an asshole aren't ya little guy?

Bottom line er is I wasn't in New Orleans, ok?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Do ya know if ya plan on talking to somebody being a smartass punk won't help? You're kind of an asshole aren't ya little guy?

Bottom line er is I wasn't in New Orleans, ok?
    Your mom got you into Jazz but you knew nothing?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Your mom got you into Jazz but you knew nothing?
    I knew a little but nothing like it would become.

What seperates me from others is all those things I can talk about, it's uncanny.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-01-2016 at 06:10 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    1970 in New Orleans one of the great gatherings was born.

Some really great artists were there as well as bands.
    This gathering got so big it had to be moved to the NO fairgrounds.

Heard of it?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Spurs46....

I knew he would not be able to understand your true prowess in this subject either. I think he has quit on me. But you predicted this.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    1970 in New Orleans one of the great gatherings was born.

Some really great artists were there as well as bands.
    This gathering got so big it had to be moved to the NO fairgrounds.

Heard of it?
    My intro to jazz was my moms records, Jellyroll Morton, Louis Armstrong, Billiie Holliday, King Oliver, and some that didn't make much of a dent.

Dude, you try so hard to figt this, and it is comical. You can't figure out I have a lot of intersts and know about them, why do you struggle so hard with that? Wjy do you even care?

In 1970 the last thing on my mine was jazz and I have never been DEEP into the music, I am DEPP into the blues. But I do own some jazz, do know about the legends and it's origins,......ok with you?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    My intro to jazz was my moms records, Jellyroll Morton, Louis Armstrong, Billiie Holliday, King Oliver, and some that didn't make much of a dent.

Dude, you try so hard to figt this, and it is comical. You can't figure out I have a lot of intersts and know about them, why do you struggle so hard with that? Wjy do you even care?

In 1970 the last thing on my mine was jazz and I have never been DEEP into the music, I am DEPP into the blues. But I do own some jazz, do know about the legends and it's origins,......ok with you?

So a simple answer to Spurs46 is you don't know squat about Jazz compared to him.
    Just type it then. No need to continue.

You have also let us understand your ignorance in the writing of history and the history of types of music. I don't know much about the NBA collective bargaining agreement. So I read other posters comments. You don't. You are the expert.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So a simple answer to Spurs46 is you don't know squat about Jazz compared to him.
    Just type it then. No need to continue.

You have also let us understand your ignorance in the writing of history and the history of types of music. I don't know much about the NBA collective bargaining agreement. So I read other posters comments. You don't. You are the expert.
    I know all about the origins of the music, it's beginnings and the first important jazzmen, so I do know far more than most about the music. I just can't talk the small time, little recorded gems there like I can them blues.

So you're wrong yet again.

The thing is I can also talk blues, hillbillie, reggae, soul, country, R&B, oldies, Appalachian on a whole other level than you or anyone else here.

It;s like the decathlon, some might beat me in one event but I can do it all and they can't.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I know all about the origins of the music, it's beginning and the first important jazzmen, so I do know far more than most about the music. I just can't talk the small time, little recorded gems there like I can them blues.

So you're wrong yet again.
    No you are wrong. If you play, are there, listen while you are there, and meet all the greats you will make a better book all other things being equal. Yep it helps to listen on old utube videos, but my god man you have no sense of wanting the straight dope. You really don't.

All historians that write about the west today are digging around for archives from people that were there. Some of the best stuff ever written about Nazi Germany was by Albert Shirer, because he was there and had access to do ents while imbedded inside Nazi Germany. He personally knew all the most powerful figures.

So again, you are wrong and baffled. We need the primary figures that are there and record otherwise it's a lost cause. Same with music. It always comes back to the people that wrote, performed, and or hung out with the great beginnings that allow us to move forward. The further removed... well it becomes more of a guessing game if the foundations are gone.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No you are wrong. If you play, are there, listen while you are there, and meet all the greats you will make a better book all other things being equal. Yep it helps to listen on old utube videos, but my god man you have no sense of wanting the straight dope. You really don't.

All historians that write about the west today are digging around for archives from people that were there. Some of the best stuff ever written about Nazi Germany was by Albert Shirer, because he was there and had access to do ents while imbedded inside Nazi Germany. He personally knew all the most powerful figures.

So again, you are wrong and baffled. We need the primary figures that are there and record otherwise it's a lost cause. Same with music. It always comes back to the people that wrote, performed, and or hung out with the great beginnings that allow us to move forward. The further removed... well it becomes more of a guessing game if the foundations are gone.
    I have never played NFL football yet there has never been any NFL player who can hang with me about the history of HIS game. I do know 100% of the history.

I know all a guy in Cali who has never been to NO can know about jazz. I can talk Charlie Parker, Charley Christian, Coltrane, Monk. I do own "Kind of Blue" by Miles Davis. I do own all that 1920's SATCHMO stuff, I do have a lot of Jellyroll Morton. I do have a ton of Billie Holiday.

Can I hang with a blues freak who grew up there and plays in NO bars and wants to know the history, nope. But can he talk football, track, rasslin'...nope~

Thread Information