Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I have never played NFL football yet there has never been any NFL player who can hang with me about the history of HIS game. I do know 100% of history.

I know all a guy in Cali who has never been to NO can know about jazz. I can talk Charlie Parker, Charley Christian, Coltrane, Monk. I do own "Kind of Blue" by Miles Davis. I do own all that 1920's SATCHMO stuff, I do have a lot of Jellyroll Morton. I do have a ton of Billie Holiday.

Can I hang with a blues freak who grew up there and plays in NO bars and wants to know the history, nope. But can he talk football, track, rasslin'...nope~
    Ok I will buy that you don't have to play. But being in the locker room, practice and getting direct access to all the players and coaches And then comparing your notes to others who have done the same... I will say it again.

I will read that book before yours period end of story. All other things being equal (ability to write, ability to reason, etc...) zBecause ultimately you read exactly who I'm describing that you are not.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ok I will buy that you don't have to play. But being in the locker room, practice and getting direct access to all the players and coaches And then comparing your notes to others who have done the same... I will say it again.

I will read that book before yours period end of story. All other things being equal (ability to write, ability to reason, etc...) zBecause ultimately you read exactly who I'm describing that you are not.
    Avante....did ya know if ya gain another 340 yards this season ya break the team record held by Scooter Reed?
    Young gun....Scooter Reed?

Dude, if I did write a book it would choked full of things nobody else had ever thought about, trust me.

Little man, the first Oakland Raider to have that RAIDER SPEED was a long jumper/sprinter out of Cornell named Irving "Bo" Roberson. In 1960 he would win the Olympic silver medal in the Rome Olympics. He was a 9.4 for Cornell

Then I would go on and talk about Texas Southern speedster Warren Wells....

By the time I got to the 2016, you'd know EVERYTHING about that Al Davis love for speed.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Avante....did ya know if ya gain another 340 yards this season ya break the team record held by Scooter Reed?
    Young gun....Scooter Reed?

Dude, if I did write a book it would choked full of things nobody else had ever thought about, trust me.

Little man, the first Oakland Raider to have that RAIDER SPEED was a long jumper/sprinter out of Cornell named Irving "Bo" Roberson. In 1960 he would win the Olympic silver medal in the Rome Olympics. He was a 9.4 for Cornell

Then I would go on and talk about Texas Southern speedster Warren Wells....

By the time I got to the 2016, you'd know EVERYTHING about that Al Davis love for speed.
    Do you have ANY clue as to how many times this has been stated?
    You are regurgitating others themes.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Do you have ANY clue as to how many times this has been stated?
    You are regurgitating others themes.
    Now tell me how many do you know who can list ALL those Raider speedsters, what college they went to and what they ran, well? How many can tell you about those Cali state 100m champs that became Raiders, well? How about those 4 Olympic sprinters who were Raiders, well?

Dude, will ever figure this out?

Will you ever come to the realizatiion that NOBODY knows that speed/NFL connection like I do? Why do you fight it?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Now tell me how many do you know who can list ALL those Raider speedsters, what college they went to and what they ran, well? How many can tell you about those Cali state 100m champs that became Raiders, well? How about those 4 Olympic sprinters who were Raiders, well?

Dude, will ever figure this out?

Will you ever come to the realizatiion that NOBODY knows that speed/NFL connection like I do? Why do you fight it?
    I am not fighting your ability to regurgitate.
    You are good at it.

But you are very bad at lying. Which is good actually. Or it just makes you incredibly stupid.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I am not fighting your ability to regurgitate.
    You are good at it.

But you are very bad at lying. Which is good actually. Or it just makes you incredibly stupid.
    Are you saying I didn't make the call? Still tying figure out what you are even talking about. Do you even know?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Are you saying I didn't make the call? Still tying figure out what you are even talking about. Do you even know?
    Not on this board.
    No you did not.
    And that's what's count.

Sleep.
    With guilt.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Not on this board.
    No you did not.
    And that's what's count.

Sleep.
    With guilt.
    Not being able to post a play here doesn't make anyone a liar ok stupid? And I did talk about making that play, right?

Stupid, I didn't lie about anything, and only a dummy like you wouldn't get the situation I was in up there.

Dude, you have the worst case of Avante-itist I have seen. Wow, you got it bad.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This set is from my library.

In his book SATCHMO, Louis Armstrong talks about growing up in the Storyville region of New Orleans. How as a kid he'd lay in his bed at night listening to gun shots and screams, and how the cops simply didn't care as long as it was over in Jiggaboo town. They took this....let those savages kill themselves off.....approach.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-02-2016 at 10:51 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Also from my library.

James Alley is a street in New Orleans. This tune is one of the true classics. Richard "Rabbit" Brown played on New Orleans street corners. This is his masterpiece.

New Orleans Willie Jackson

Also from New Orleans, Kid Stormy Weather

Last edited by Avante; 08-02-2016 at 11:01 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ya can't talk New Orleans and music without talking about The Neville Brothers, Professor Longhair and Dr. John.

Last edited by Avante; 08-02-2016 at 11:13 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Impossible to leave Louisiana talking music without a listen to these MUST listen.

Last edited by Avante; 08-02-2016 at 11:36 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Then there was Angola Prison.

Both Lead Belly and Robert Pete Williams were discovered there. And while he never left the prison, Hogman Maxey.

There was a time I thought "House of the Rising Sun" was just a tune The Animals had written and recorded. So I buy a Lead Belly CD, and while listening this comes on.....

Now I knew Lead Belly had died in 1949, so how in the ? Then the search was on.......

We also get to hear other convicts Guitar Welch and Otis Webster during this recording session done in the prison, they like Hogman could have been blues recording artists.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-02-2016 at 11:56 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Getting back to "House of the Rising Sun" this is the orginal recording, funny thing is nobody knows who wrote it.

Clarence Ashley one of the legends that high lonesome sound.

This from his debut album.

Last edited by Avante; 08-02-2016 at 12:13 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm just a Cali guy, never been east of Nevada, as ya can see I don't need to live in the south to know the music. And I can do what you saw above for Texas, St.Louis, Georgia, Alabama, The Piedmont, Tennessee, Appalachian, MoTown, where ever.

With 6000 CD's/tapes, a dozen books on the music, I;m covered.

I saved this guy for last. He was born in New Orleans his 1924 recordings are considered the first blues on record by a male blues man. Not Mississippi, not Texas, not St. Louis, but....Louisiana. (a guy named Ed Andrews from Georgia did record one blues record in 1924 but it sucked and he only had that one record, so he gets forgotten. Not sure why Daddy Stovepiple who recorded in 1924 gets no respect)

What is he singing about there?

Why we see a picture of St.Louis piano player (rarely played the guitar) Peetie Wheatstraw there, ??????????????
    Last edited by Avante; 08-02-2016 at 12:44 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The fun I have doing this is watching people. It is ing funny watching how people act when confronted with anyone who knows things, they freak the out and it's funnier than watching all the ways they try everything to never give props or admit..."yep, you know your ".

Human nature, hahaha~~~~~~

One time I posted a mile long list on a football site about sprinters in the NFL, I had the school they had went to, their PR;s, what NFL/AFLteams they had played on, Longggggggggggggggg list.

Guy comes on...."you spelled.......(can't remember)...wrong"......hahahaha~~~~~~~ A longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg list and all the guy can say is..."you spelled....

Human nature is funny, I do have fun with it.

Avante...don't call me a pedo, grrrrrrrrrrrr~~~~

Here they come like a bee to honey, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Avante; 08-02-2016 at 08:39 PM.

Thread Information