Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hypothetical question.

Of course one could learn all the names, dates, and facts, etc. But can one really...truly be an expert without having gone to the Big Easy and listened and talked with the living, breathing musicians that make this music?
    Can you be a blues expert without ever having had a beer in a juke joint in Mississippi while a three piece of locals are laying it down?

Can one really be a track expert without having ran a 20 second 200?

Knowledge without experience is empty indeed.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Hypothetical question.

Of course one could learn all the names, dates, and facts, etc. But can one really...truly be an expert without having gone to the Big Easy and listened and talked with the living, breathing musicians that make this music?
    Can you be a blues expert without ever having had a beer in a juke joint in Mississippi while a three piece of locals are laying it down?

Indeed.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hypothetical question.

Black guy named Leroy Brown lives in Greenwood Mississippi today, he is the bouncer at a little juke joint on the outskirts of town. On Friday and Saturday nights the joint is jumping. All the local blues cats like Guitar Welch, Smokey Hogg, Hogman Maxey, Hambone Willie Newberne, Babe Stovall, Grover "Big Eyes" Smith and others love to play there because of the pay and the women. And, the best moonshine in Mississippi.

Leroy has heard them all. And he himself can blow some harmonica.

Avante...hey Leroy.
    Leroy...hey
    Avante...what can ya tell me about those St. Louis piano players Roosdevelt Sykes, Walter Davis, Peetie Wheatstraw?
    Leroy...never heard of them.
    Avante...I see..hgmmm? Can ya talk them Texass blues, ya know Blind Lemon Jeffeson, Texas Alexander, Little Hat Jones, Boobie Cadillac, Funny Papa Smith, Black Boy Shine, Black Ace, Black Ivory King?
    Leroy...who?
    Avante...hmmm? Well how about the first Mississippi blues cats like....Charley Patton, Son House, Willie Brown, Rube Lacy, Geechie Willey, Kid Bailey, Tommy Johnson, Uncle Bud Walker, Mattie Delaney, Ishman Bracey, Freddie Spruell, Bukka White, Bo Carter, Skip James, Mississippi Moaner, Mississippi John Hurt, Mississippi Bracey, Garfield Akers, Joe Callicott, Louis Johnson, Tommy McClennan, Sonny Boy Nelson, Rosie May Moore, Cryin' Sam Colins, Big Joe Williams and Robert Johnson
    Leroy..I have heard of that last one, Robert Johnson, he was killed somewhere around here, right?
    Avante...good one Leroy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Black guy named Leroy Brown lives in Greenwood Mississippi today, he is the bouncer at a little juke joint on the outskirts of town. On Friday and Saturday nights the joint is jumping. All the loical blues cats like Guitar Welcg, Smokey Hogg, Hogman Maxey, Hambone Willie Newberrne, Babe Stovall, Grover "Big Eyes" Smith and others love to play there because of the pay and the women.

Avante...hey Leroy.
    Leroy...hey
    Avante...what can ya tell me about those St. Louis piano players Roosdevelt Sykes, Walter Davis, Peetie Wheatstraw?
    Avante...I see..hgmmm? Can ya talk them Texass blues, ya know Blind Lemon Jeffeson, Texas Alexander, Little Hat Jones, Boobie Cadillac, Funny Papa Smith, Black Boy Shine, Black Ace, Black Ivory King?
    Leroy...who?
    Avante...hmmm? Well how about the first Mississippi blues cats like....Charley Patton, Son House, Willie Brown, Rube Lacy, Geechie Willey, Kid Bailey, Tommy Johnson, Uncle Bud Walker, Mattie Delaney, Ishman Bracey, Freddie Spruell, Bukka White, Bo Carter, Skip James, Mississippi Moaner, Mississippi John Hurt, Mississippi Bracey, Garfield Akers, Joe Callicott, Louis Johnson, Tommy McClennan, Sonny Boy Nelson, Rosie May Moore, Cryin' Sam Colins, Big Joe Williams and Robert Johnson
    Leroy..I have heard of that last one, Robert Johnson, he was killed somewhere around here, right?
    Avante...good one Leroy.
    Again...all your knowledge is second hand. If you haven't heard live New Orleans Jazz or Delta Blues, you really are deficient if you purport yourself to be an expert.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Again...all your knowledge is second hand. If you haven't heard live New Orleans Jazz or Delta Blues, you really are deficient if you purport yourself to be an expert.
    Who would you rather talk to about the blues, an old bluesman who plays a fantastic slide that knows...0...about the history of the music, blues outside his county, female singers, piano blues, or anything about the recording artists, or a guy like myself?

Howe many history teachers fought in the cival war?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Indubitably

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Black guy named Leroy Brown lives in Greenwood Mississippi today, he is the bouncer at a little juke joint on the outskirts of town. On Friday and Saturday nights the joint is jumping. All the local blues cats like Guitar Welch, Smokey Hogg, Hogman Maxey, Hambone Willie Newberne, Babe Stovall, Grover "Big Eyes" Smith and others love to play there because of the pay and the women. And, the best moonshine in Mississippi.

Avante...hey Leroy.
    Leroy...hey
    Leroy...who?
    Avante...good one Leroy.
    jesus christ that's how you converse in real life? The dude was obviously trying to get rid of you. I can only imagine the way he tells it.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    , you ask a bouncer? Too many bouncers are bouncers because they are too ing stupid for else. No wonder ya got ty responses. You and Judy ready for slavery tbqfh hoe?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    jesus christ that's how you converse in real life? The dude was obviously trying to get rid of you. I can only imagine the way he tells it.
    Actually, all Leroy could talk was Greenwood Miss blues.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    , you ask a bouncer? Too many bouncers are bouncers because they are too ing stupid for else. No wonder ya got ty responses. You and Judy ready for slavery tbqfh hoe?
    Totally missed the point didn't ya stupid?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So unless you fought in WORLD WAR 1 you can't know about it, right?

So unless you have played in the NFL you can;t know about it, right?

So how can ayone talk about The Beatles if they didn't play in the band?

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Totally missed the point didn't ya stupid?

Judy is gonna be the new Aunt Jemima with a pancake ass tho , you got that hoe? Hope you are gettin fit .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    I don't see how that would be possible. It's as ludicrous as someone who only ran a 25 second 200m claiming to be a track and field expert.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Judy is gonna be the new Aunt Jemima with a pancake ass tho , you got that hoe? Hope you are gettin fit .
    Little man, do your parents know you are on their computer?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't see how that would be possible. It's as ludicrous as someone who only ran a 25 second 200m claiming to be a track and field expert.

How can a judge make jugdements for killers unless he killed somebody, right ya stupid ?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I would never read a book by any expert in music that had not been to the places 'these cats played'.

Never.

So I stick with Spurs46

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So unless you fought in WORLD WAR 1 you can't know about it, right?

So unless you have played in the NFL you can;t know about it, right?

So how can ayone talk about The Beatles if they didn't play in the band?

Remember you tried talkin' the HOLY BIBLE and didnt even know the Most High, the Main Guy in the book was black as a mother er? That was funny as you . Did judy find it funny you got stuffed at the line? And shes gonna be treated great dont worry, yep---house slave.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I would never read a book by any expert in music that had not been to the places 'these cats played'.

Never.

So I stick with Spurs46
    So you would never read a western about the old west, written by anyone who wasn't there....right? So unless the author was in Berlin Germany in 1936 he can't write about Jesse Owens and those Olympic games, right?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Remember you tried talkin' the HOLY BIBLE and didnt even know the Most High, the Main Guy in the book was black as a mother er? That was funny as you . Did judy find it funny you got stuffed at the line? And shes gonna be treated great dont worry, yep---house slave.
    Stupid, if you think Jesus was black you are beyond re ed, got it?

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Stupid, if you think Jesus was black you are beyond re ed, got it?

What color was he then you hoe?

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Tell judy the Most High wants her to know okay????

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What color was he then you hoe?
    Stupid, there was no Jesus, ok ya dumb ?

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Stupid, there was no Jesus, ok ya dumb ?

So why pretend you have read the book? Full of 'big time reader'

lol big time reader lol

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So why pretend you have read the book? Full of 'big time reader'

lol big time reader lol
    Stupid, I have also read about...

Conan
    Thor
    Hercules
    Thongor
    Kane
    Brak
    The Grey Mouser
    Fu Manchu
    Tarzan
    Kyrik
    Elric of Melniborn

...guess what got?

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Did you learn about the Most High the same way you learned about muslims etc. ?

By way of a cd set? lol

Thread Information