My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hope we trade him then, he looks NOT nba material....hmmmmp

Id rather have Thomas R, than another frenchman

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills and Bertans would be a deadly trifecta duo, off the bench, ey?!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really donŽt get why they brought over Livio Jean Charles, he doesnŽt seem NBA ready at all. I guess maybe the management is just betting on him. But why bet on a player that youŽd have to guarantee 3 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really donŽt get why they brought over Livio Jean Charles, he doesnŽt seem NBA ready at all. I guess maybe the management is just betting on him. But why bet on a player that youŽd have to guarantee 3 years.
    It wasn't their choice. First-rounders have a unilateral right to accept their tenders. They don't have to be "ready" in the eyes of their teams.

But this "everybody > LJC" at ude is annoying (and no, I'm not zeroing-in on you with that comment). Dude is younger than both Forbes and Garino, and he has better physical tools than any of the three. And he has a better contract than they do. I wouldn't want any of those guys in LJC's situation instead of him.
    Last edited by Chinook; 08-12-2016 at 11:04 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=cutewizard;8701930]-----------------------------------

Livio Jean Charles?[/QUOTE

You can wish for that all you want.

However this yearning for Thomas Robinson, isn't it curious if he's so great why no other team has rushed to sign him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=T Park;8702175]
    -----------------------------------

Livio Jean Charles?[/QUOTE

You can wish for that all you want.

However this yearning for Thomas Robinson, isn't it curious if he's so great why no other team has rushed to sign him?
    That's an interesting question. Still youngish 25.
    Has averaged - 1.25 teams/season.

So the question is not only why has no team rushed to sign him, but why has no team wanted to keep him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't their choice. First-rounders have a unilateral right to accept their tenders. They don't have to be "ready" in the eyes of their teams.

But this "everybody > LJC" at ude is annoying (and no, I'm not zeroing-in on you with that comment). Dude is younger than both Forbes and Garino, and he has better physical tools than any of the three. And he has a better contract than they do. I wouldn't want any of those guys in LJC's situation instead of him.
    Other than seeing a good performance by Garino in their opening Rio game, I have little knowledge of these young guys. I liked what I saw of Bertans in SL. Training camp will be revealing to the coaches. Wish them all well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question I have is whether all these young talented players are as talented as we (think, hope, pray, etc.). Watching some of them in Sl is not the same as regular NBA games as we all found with Simmons and Kyle over the past season(s). The excitement of seeing some of the prior draft or trade picks finally here to actually compete for a role with FAs like Gasol and having a precocious draft choice in the mix as well is making me impatient for the preseason camp.

So many questions about plalyers roles and skill levels to be answered. What a great off-season for fans. It doesn't make up for the loss of Tim, but it gives us lots to argue about. I love it.

PRESSURE MAKES DIAMONDS
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    High center. That would pretty much sum up my intramural basketball career. Doubt i ever played a sober game.

In the championship game one year i showed up after hours of consuming nitrous. Worst game of basketball played by anyone ever. Two teammates tried to fight me in the game. It was a circus. After being so embarassed i never touched that again.

Thread Information