Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Luck is just another Philip Rivers. He'll have his moments but he'll always be mid tier and overdrafted.
    How is Rivers "mid-tier" and "overdrafted"? He's a ing miracle worker. Put Wack Prescott on last season's Chargers instead of Rivers and they go 0-16 and lose every game by 20+.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    How is Rivers "mid-tier" and "overdrafted"? He's a ing miracle worker. Put Wack Prescott on last season's Chargers instead of Rivers and they go 0-16 and lose every game by 20+.
    with studs like Melvin Gordon, Dontrelle Inman, Tyrell Williams, Antonio Gates... Hunter Henry...?!! That offense is WAY more stacked than Dallas'... not even close... and as bad as their defense was most of the time (except Bosa and Hayward), the Chargers were as bad as they were BECAUSE of Rivers and his costly interceptions on stupid risky throws as well as his immobility in and out of the pocket.

Dak would have gotten at least 9-10 wins though that in that stacked division maybe not good enough to make the playoffs. The weapons the Chargers have/had this past year are far better than the Cowboys' lot... Witten is a great guy but a liability in blocking and too slow in the receiving game these days, Dez Bryant is very capable but inconsistent and oft-injured... Terrance Williams completely sucked during his time in Dallas, Brice Butler is just another guy. Melvin Gordon is as good as Elliott but he doesn't get enough chances in that pass heavy gunslinger offense. The Cowboys would have still been playing football if they had the Chargers' offense + Dak.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    with studs like Melvin Gordon, Dontrelle Inman, Tyrell Williams, Antonio Gates... Hunter Henry...?!! That offense is WAY more stacked than Dallas'... not even close... and as bad as their defense was most of the time (except Bosa and Hayward), the Chargers were as bad as they were BECAUSE of Rivers and his costly interceptions on stupid risky throws as well as his immobility in and out of the pocket.

Dak would have gotten at least 9-10 wins though that in that stacked division maybe not good enough to make the playoffs. The weapons the Chargers have/had this past year are far better than the Cowboys' lot... Witten is a great guy but a liability in blocking and too slow in the receiving game these days, Dez Bryant is very capable but inconsistent and oft-injured... Terrance Williams completely sucked during his time in Dallas, Brice Butler is just another guy. Melvin Gordon is as good as Elliott but he doesn't get enough chances in that pass heavy gunslinger offense. The Cowboys would have still been playing football if they had the Chargers' offense + Dak.
    calling the Chargers' offense more stacked
    implying Gordon > Zek
    forgetting Champ Bailey exists
    discrediting your best playoff performer in Dez
    completely forgetting Dallas' o-line
    your delusional takes

Post Count
    with studs like Melvin Gordon, Dontrelle Inman, Tyrell Williams, Antonio Gates... Hunter Henry...?!!
    Inman and Williams are UDFAs with stone hands. Rivers made them look good. Henry was a rookie. Gates is 36 years old. Gordon has had one decent season and one atrocious season.

"Studs"

That offense is WAY more stacked than Dallas'... not even close...
    Dallas' O-line alone makes this take ridiculous without even factoring in Dez and Zeke.

and as bad as their defense was most of the time (except Bosa and Hayward), the Chargers were as bad as they were BECAUSE of Rivers and his costly interceptions on stupid risky throws as well as his immobility in and out of the pocket.
    Without Rivers draining the play clock to explain to every player on his offense in detail where they were supposed to be and what they were supposed to do (as most of the skill players were UDFAs or rookies with very little familiarity with the system), then somehow still moving the ball down the field and scoring touchdowns behind the worst O-line in football, the Chargers would have been 0-16.

Maybe he'd have less INTs if his receivers didn't bat the ball into defenders' hands and his coach didn't keep putting him in desperate situations with no timeouts down the stretch of games.

Dak would have gotten at least 9-10 wins
    Last edited by Clipper Nation; 01-29-2017 at 11:21 AM.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

focusing on skill position players (who aren't even that good to begin with) and ignoring the fact Dallas has the best oline in football and San Diego has one of the worst.

EDIT: San Diego doesn't just have one of the worst, it has THE worst

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...ering-week-11/

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count

Holy crap I don't even know where to start here. This is some legendary biased posting. Up there with the No Lyfe guy, Savante, 21_Blessings etc This is is so awful deep down I think you're trolling. I'm not saying you should commit suicide but if the opportunity for you to traverse into the afterlife would present itself to you in a convenient manner, it might not be a bad idea to act on it sooner rather than later.

It was still an entertaining post though so I'll give you that.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

You come at the Millennial Messiah, you best not miss.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Bank of America's IT department took a shot at the millennial messiah.

It didn't miss

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Inman and Williams are UDFAs with stone hands. Rivers made them look good. Henry was a rookie. Gates is 36 years old. Gordon has had one decent season and one atrocious season.

"Studs"

Dallas' O-line alone makes this take ridiculous without even factoring in Dez and Zeke.

Without Rivers draining the play clock to explain to every player on his offense in detail where they were supposed to be and what they were supposed to do (as most of the skill players were UDFAs or rookies with very little familiarity with the system), then somehow still moving the ball down the field and scoring touchdowns behind the worst O-line in football, the Chargers would have been 0-16.

Maybe he'd have less INTs if his receivers didn't bat the ball into defenders' hands and his coach didn't keep putting him in desperate situations with no timeouts down the stretch of games.

Stone hands? Bad O-line? Did you even watch the Chargers @ Falcons game this season? I think that was the defining moment for the Chargers in 2016. They beat the best team in football in their own home stadium... while coming back from a 3 touchdown deficit.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Stone hands? Bad O-line? Did you even watch the Chargers @ Falcons game this season? I think that was the defining moment for the Chargers in 2016. They beat the best team in football in their own home stadium... while coming back from a 3 touchdown deficit.
    God damn, your arguments are terrible.

whatever you do next, don't be a lawyer.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    God damn, your arguments are terrible.

whatever you do next, don't be a lawyer.
    Why would anyone go to law school in this economy these days is beyond me. You're a public defender making well below school teacher salary until age 35 with student loans up the ass and back down through the nose and mouth. Terrible life decision. At least doctors and pharmacists make money.

Post Count
    You watched one game. I watched every game. I know what I'm talking about - you don't.

"Millennial Messiah"

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Why would anyone go to law school in this economy these days is beyond me. You're a public defender making well below school teacher salary until age 35 with student loans up the ass and back down through the nose and mouth. Terrible life decision. At least doctors and pharmacists make money.
    your best post in this thread, tbh.

Unless it's an elite law school that Wal Street firms hire out of, its a waste of money.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Whoa there. Slow down.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Being a pharmacist isn't what it used to be either. The market is pretty flooded so if you are ok with some job at CVS then go for it. You'll make money, but the work itself is balls. PA/NP/CRNA is the way to go if you don't mind medical. Not as much school and you bank pretty well. The chick I dated for a bit who was a CRNA made 135k a year only working 32 hours a week.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Being a pharmacist isn't what it used to be either. The market is pretty flooded so if you are ok with some job at CVS then go for it. You'll make money, but the work itself is balls. PA/NP/CRNA is the way to go if you don't mind medical. Not as much school and you bank pretty well. The chick I dated for a bit who was a CRNA made 135k a year only working 32 hours a week.
    job? Those make 130k a year first year salary straight out of pharmacy school. The " " jobs in pharmacy are the hospital pharmacist jobs that only make $80k, which means after taxes you're basically just paying back your student loans and eating Top Ramen in years 1 and 2, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    job? Those make 130k a year first year salary straight out of pharmacy school. The " " jobs in pharmacy are the hospital pharmacist jobs that only make $80k, which means after taxes you're basically just paying back your student loans and eating Top Ramen in years 1 and 2, tbh.
    It is a job. You make good money but retail for the most part is miserable. Most pharmacists start there then head to hospital later where they can actually use their degree in a clinical setting. For most of them, job satisfaction winds up winning out over money.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It is a job. You make good money but retail for the most part is miserable. Most pharmacists start there then head to hospital later where they can actually use their degree in a clinical setting. For most of them, job satisfaction winds up winning out over money.
    So you're implying people would acquiesce to taking a substantial salary DECREASE as they get older and more experienced? That's not how it works, especially because by then they have wives and children to provide for... maybe the liberal ones, I guess

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    that's an incredibly short-sighted view of what makes for a good or bad career... if you're not making big bucks in years 1-5 it's not worth it? i'm about to finish law school in a couple of months at age 25. i'll be in that profession for at least 40 years. making a yay or nay decision based on projected income from age 26-30 versus a lifetime of work is moronic imho.

the notion that public defenders are the trash tier of lawyers is also a misguided view. PD jobs are pretty difficult to come across here in CA... as long as we aren't talking about butt counties like mendocino. depending on the county, the pay can actually be quite good. for instance, in santa clara county (admittedly, an outlier), starting pay for an entry level public defender is upwards of 90k, which is hardly "ramen noodle territory."

you also consider the loan forgiveness factor of working in public service, which you can consider to be tacked onto your salary figure.

lastly, it's nearly impossible for young attorneys to get trial experience in the private sector. even if you get hired in a good firm, you're going to be doing work for a long time while they're sending their top sharks to trial... you'll never learn . and even after putting years into that gig, next time you're job hunting, you'll again have the same issue of not having trial experience. rather, you put your time in as a public defender/district attorney where you get nothing but trial experience, making you a valuable commodity if/when you make the shift to private sector.

but yeah, if your definition of a good career is one where you are guaranteed to make serious $ immediately, then maybe you shouldn't be a lawyer unless you're attending a top 25 school. computer science, engineering... those will get you decent paying jobs quick without needing to invest a ton of time pursuing a post-grad degree

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    So you're implying people would acquiesce to taking a substantial salary DECREASE as they get older and more experienced? That's not how it works, especially because by then they have wives and children to provide for... maybe the liberal ones, I guess
    I'm saying people get burned out in retail in a hurry and it's no longer worth the money. Why do you think retail pays so much more than hospital? If they didn't no one would ing do it. People take pay cuts all the time in many different fields to gain a better quality of life. Take my ex-girlfriend for example. She only works 32 hours a week and she makes about 130 per year. They have all the hours that she wants but she'd rather be with her friends or at home than have that extra 30-40k per year she'd get for busting her ass. She recently had another hospital offer her a position for more money as well but that meant a change in a comfortable work environment and an increase in hours. Her quality of life was more important.
    Last edited by benefactor; 01-31-2017 at 07:48 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    that's an incredibly short-sighted view of what makes for a good or bad career... if you're not making big bucks in years 1-5 it's not worth it? i'm about to finish law school in a couple of months at age 25. i'll be in that profession for at least 40 years. making a yay or nay decision based on projected income from age 26-30 versus a lifetime of work is moronic imho.

the notion that public defenders are the trash tier of lawyers is also a misguided view. PD jobs are pretty difficult to come across here in CA... as long as we aren't talking about butt counties like mendocino. depending on the county, the pay can actually be quite good. for instance, in santa clara county (admittedly, an outlier), starting pay for an entry level public defender is upwards of 90k, which is hardly "ramen noodle territory."

you also consider the loan forgiveness factor of working in public service, which you can consider to be tacked onto your salary figure.

lastly, it's nearly impossible for young attorneys to get trial experience in the private sector. even if you get hired in a good firm, you're going to be doing work for a long time while they're sending their top sharks to trial... you'll never learn . and even after putting years into that gig, next time you're job hunting, you'll again have the same issue of not having trial experience. rather, you put your time in as a public defender/district attorney where you get nothing but trial experience, making you a valuable commodity if/when you make the shift to private sector.

but yeah, if your definition of a good career is one where you are guaranteed to make serious $ immediately, then maybe you shouldn't be a lawyer unless you're attending a top 25 school. computer science, engineering... those will get you decent paying jobs quick without needing to invest a ton of time pursuing a post-grad degree
    1. Some of us don't want to be working for 30, 40 years... say, past... age 35? Many of us want to build enough capital to be able to live off investments and not have to work into middle-old age (and spend our time with family instead).

2. California is a different/high inflated economy, but in Texas, PDs don't make . $40k is considered very good straight out of law school, but most don't make that.

3. Again, California is probably better for IT/CS and engineering due to Silicon Valley, LA and such... but the IT/CS job market here in the Dallas/Ft Worth area blows. The sad part was it was booming just a couple short years ago until everyone in the area realized they did too much hiring and now they're doing layoffs and supply of new aspiring IT graduates is way outpacing demand in the corporate industry.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm saying people get burned out in retail in a hurry and it's no longer worth the money. Why do you think retail pays so much more than hospital? If they didn't no one would ing do it. People take pay cuts all the time in many different fields to gain a better quality of life. Take my ex-girlfriend for example. She only works 32 hours a week and she makes about 130 per year. They have all the hours that she wants but she'd rather be with her friends or at home than have that extra 30-40k per year she'd get for busting her ass. She recently had another hospital offer her a position for more money as well but that meant a change in a comfortable work environment and an increase in hours. Her quality of life was more important.
    Retail you have to deal with annoying customers and the outside possibility of getting ambushed and shot by crooks if you work a night shift. Hospital is easy, monotonous, boring and mundane. There's no fun or chance involved, it's the same work every day, you make far less money, and you're far more likely than the CVS night shift guy to catch the death pandemic when it reaches your hospital.

Give me the retail pharmacist career all day.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count

Thread Information