Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count

This is pretty much the sentiment amongst the caucasian dominated sports media, gruden is just the face of this take now. In an era where all the best up and coming QBs are black it's causing more racial anxiety in the white punditry world the more time passes that Luck fails to live up to his status as the great white hope. They sure as don't want Jaemis and Wilson out there in the playoffs, let alone Cam doing his celebrations that prompted a million white suburban moms to write letters to the editors last year because their kids saw the demonstrative black man

Goodell and the jew owners see how much power LeKing has brought to today's NBA players in terms of outspoken social commentary and they and their media accomplices will seek anything to stem that tide in the nfl. Luck who is near autistic was supposed to put a stop to that as black QBs have gone to 4 straight superbowls and don't look to stop anytime soon. Instead his career path following Elway or Peyton it's fallen closer to Jake Plummer, tbh. White media already gave him a free pass for last year's failure but they know they can't get away with that twice so they are doubling down and praying.

who knows one more mediocre year and maybe with brady gone soon they try to make tannehill the answer

Post Count
    Luck has all the physical tools but this is undoubtedly a huge year for him. Russ continues to impress, Cam took the step forward & Luck has to be better.

It's obvious how talented he is, but they are not very talented IMO, but no excuses.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    You usually tank for a few years before acquiring your next franchise QB. The straight passing of the torch from Manning to Luck put the Colt's FO in a bind.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Andrew Luck last season at Stanford.

Comp %71.3
    TD/INT...37-10
    QB rating...169.7

Russell Wilson's final NCAA season.

34-4
    191.8...an NCAA record

I have never figured out where anyone ever got this silly idea Luck was better than Wilson. Now look at what Wilson has done compared to Luck.

NFL career stats

Russell Wilson

comp% 64.7
    TD/INT...106-34....three times as many TDs
    QB rating 101.8

Andrew Luck

101-55....not even twice as many TD's as INT's

Everything we see above tells the story.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-11-2016 at 06:34 PM.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    You usually tank for a few years before acquiring your next franchise QB. The straight passing of the torch from Manning to Luck put the Colt's FO in a bind.
    You're a freaking Saints fan too? Fine. Truce

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count

Luck would have dove for that fumble like it was his last meal. Newton is an embarrassment to the game of football. He's the face of Goodell's watered-down pussy league.

Post Count
    I have never figured out where anyone ever got this silly idea Luck was better than Wilson.
    That's funny, I seem to recall a certain old got humping Luck's leg before he ever heard of Struggle Wilson.

While I put well nothing into preseason football Luck is going to be a solid NFL QB. He has it rudden all over him.
    While I but little into the preseason because of the simple defense played it's very obvious Luck is the real deal. Obviouly he'll never be another Peyton or Johnny U but few are.

Two more drafts, a couple seasons for Luck to get NFL expereince and a couple big free agent signing and the Colts will be contending for a playoff spot.
    The Colts will have a solid QB for the next 10 years or so. They will pay the $$$$$ to surround Luck with talent. So it is just a matter of time, they are a winning franchise and will continue to be that. Two seasons and they will be back in the mix.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    That's funny, I seem to recall a certain old got humping Luck's leg before he ever heard of Struggle Wilson.
    Stupid...

He will never be another Unitas or Manning.

He will be a solid QB.

Yep, I nailed it AGAIN, he will never be another Unitas/Manning and he is.....solid.

I knew about RW when he was still in HS, so wrong as usual.

Do you ever get anything right, ever?

Hey stupid, find what I said about RW vs Luck, ok?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cool thread. Trying to spin over Luck again

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cam Newton is a better QB than Andrew Luck so far. I don't know how you can argue any different. Luck has had one good season. Cam has better stats and has made it further in the playoffs, and without a real #1 receiver.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    Cam Newton is a better QB than Andrew Luck so far. I don't know how you can argue any different. Luck has had one good season. Cam has better stats and has made it further in the playoffs, and without a real #1 receiver.
    Really would like to see you back up that argument.

2011- went 6-10 with 21 TD and 17 INT for 4,051 yards. Failed to reach the playoffs.
    2012- went 7-9 19 TD and 12 INT for 3,869 yards. Failed to reach the playoffs. Andrew Luck went 11-5 23 TD and 18 INT for 4,374 yards. Made Playoffs
    2013- went 12-4 24 TD and 13 INT for 3,379 yards. First round bye lost in divisional round. Andrew Luck went 11-5 23 TD 9 Int for 3,822 yards. Won wild card lost in divisional round.

2014- went 7-8-1 18 TD and 12 INT for 3,127 yards. Won WC game and lost in divisional round Andrew Luck went 11-5 40 TD and 16 INT for 4,761 yards lost in AFCC

2015 had a great year 15-1 35 TD and 10 INT for 3,837 yards. Lost in SB Luck missed 9 games with multiple injuries.

So aside from 2015 when exactly has Newton been a better QB than Andrew Luck? Luck has done more with much less and I don't know how anyone can argue that.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You forgot the part where Luck's stats are the same as Ryan Tannehill's. Would love to see you get around that one.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Also, staying healthy is a skill. It's part of the game. So don't give me the injury bull , especially when Matt Hsselbeck came in and out-performed your boy.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You forgot the part where Luck's stats are the same as Ryan Tannehill's. Would love to see you get around that one.
    So then by that logic Tannehill >>>Luck>>> .

Post Count
    Newton is a joke compared to Luck. He has always had a more stacked supporting cast than Luck, especially defensively. And are we supposed to pretend like hasn't been throwing to the likes of Steve Smith, Greg Olsen and Kelvin Benjamin his whole career? Even Devin Funchess started acting like somebody down the stretch of last season.

With all the help he's had around him, here's the facts about 's "MVP" season:

• The Panthers had the easiest schedule in the NFL according to Football Outsiders. Their opponents had an average DVOA of -8.6%. 's stats were inflated against piss-poor compe ion.
    • The Falcons, Saints and Bucs were 26th, 28th, and 21st in DVOA respectively last season. The Panthers were a good team in a horrible division.
    • Somehow, the Panthers still managed to lose to one of those teams. The Falcons rushed 5 all game and exposed 's utter inability to play under pressure. 's passer rating dropped more than 40 points on average under pressure. If he didn't get the luxury of frolicking through a cupcake schedule last year, he'd have been exposed bigtime.
    • Even against that weak schedule, still had eight games last year where he put up a passer rating under 80. That's Nick Foles/Teddy Bridgewater territory. And many of those performances came against awful teams like the Bucs, Jaguars and Cowboys.
    • Traditionally, MVP-winning quarterbacks rank in the top 3 in DYAR, a stat that takes every play a quarterback makes in a season, adjusts for the opposing defenses, and compares it to what a replacement-level player would put up. Newton was 11th last year - trailing guys like Andy Dalton, Kirk Cousins and Jay Cutler, and only a couple spots ahead of Ryan Fitzpatrick and Alex Smith.

Keep in mind that last season is 's BEST year as a quarterback, his "breakout season" where he "matured" and blossomed into a true MVP - and it was still totally unimpressive. Carson Palmer, you the real MVP.

Meanwhile, Luck had the season from , with an inept coaching staff, terrible offensive line, and only getting to play in 7 games last year due to several severe injuries.

Remind me again why deserves to be crowned the superior quarterback based on one fluky, overrated season?
    Last edited by Clipper Nation; 08-13-2016 at 01:50 PM.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Newton is a joke compared to Luck. He has always had a more stacked supporting cast than Luck, especially defensively. And are we supposed to pretend like hasn't been throwing to the likes of Steve Smith, Greg Olsen and Kelvin Benjamin his whole career? Even Devin Funchess started acting like somebody down the stretch of last season.

With all the help he's had around him, here's the facts about 's "MVP" season:

• The Panthers had the easiest schedule in the NFL according to Football Outsiders. Their opponents had an average DVOA of -8.6%. 's stats were inflated against piss-poor compe ion.
    • The Falcons, Saints and Bucs were 20th, 17th and 30th in DVOA respectively last season. The Panthers were a good team in a horrible division. Somehow, the Panthers still managed to lose to one of those teams. The Falcons rushed 5 all game and exposed 's utter inability to play under pressure. 's passer rating dropped more than 40 points on average under pressure. If he didn't get the luxury of frolicking through a cupcake schedule last year, he'd have been exposed bigtime.
    • Even against that weak schedule, still had eight games last year where he put up a passer rating under 80. That's Nick Foles/Teddy Bridgewater territory. And many of those performances came against awful teams like the Bucs, Jaguars and Cowboys.
    • Traditionally, MVP-winning quarterbacks rank in the top 3 in DYAR, a stat that takes every play a quarterback makes in a season, adjusts for the opposing defenses, and compares it to what a replacement-level player would put up. Newton was 11th last year - trailing guys like Andy Dalton, Kirk Cousins and Jay Cutler, and only a couple spots ahead of Ryan Fitzpatrick and Alex Smith.

Keep in mind that last season is 's BEST year as a quarterback, his "breakout season" where he "matured" and blossomed into a true MVP - and it was still totally unimpressive. Carson Palmer, you the real MVP.

Meanwhile, Luck had the season from , with an inept coaching staff, terrible offensive line, and only getting to play in 7 games last year due to several severe injuries.

Remind me again why deserves to be crowned the superior quarterback based on one fluky, overrated season?
    There have been plenty of QBs with terrible offensive lines...Like Rodgers for one, but he doesn't throw picks at rate like Luck does.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    Post Count
    Andrew Luck

Didn't know that got even had fans. Might be the worst QB in his division after this year, maybe Osweiler might be worse.

Post Count
    There have been plenty of QBs with terrible offensive lines...Like Rodgers for one, but he doesn't throw picks at rate like Luck does.
    I agree that great quarterbacks can deal with poor O-lines. The Colts' O-line has always sucked and has always been a revolving door of injuries during Luck's time in Indy, and he's put up some impressive seasons in the past.

Last year was rock bottom for their O-line, though. I don't think anyone would have looked good behind it. Luck had a torn abdominal, a lascerated spleen, separated his shoulder, and missed a large chunk of the season. Kind of hard to put up nice-looking stats from a stretcher.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    I agree that great quarterbacks can deal with poor O-lines. The Colts' O-line has always sucked and has always been a revolving door of injuries during Luck's time in Indy, and he's put up some impressive seasons in the past.

Last year was rock bottom for their O-line, though. I don't think anyone would have looked good behind it. Luck had a torn abdominal, a lascerated spleen, separated his shoulder, and missed a large chunk of the season. Kind of hard to put up nice-looking stats from a stretcher.
    I agree. And I'm not sure they have done anything to address that yet.

Post Count
    I agree. And I'm not sure they have done anything to address that yet.
    They went O-line heavy in the draft this year. They got a center in the first round, a tackle in the third round, another tackle in the fifth round, and another center in the seventh round.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

Post Count
    Nice troll attempt, but Hasselbeck was on the sidelines all but one of their tough opponents (Pittsburgh). He didn't have to face the Patriots, the Broncos, or that stacked Carolina defense. He was still below replacement level overall last year behind that O-line. That includes losing consecutive games by 35 points each - including a three-turnover performance against Pittsburgh.

It's also funny how Luck's haters are playing the Hasselbeck card. Last I checked, the Panthers are still undefeated with Derek Anderson as their starter.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    im not a luck hater, he's just been overhyped imo

he's had 1 great season so far, and both his playoff runs have ended with peyton-esque performances against the pats

... and you can't play the "ur trolling" card if ur going to pretend to be serious about the anderson>newton thing

Post Count
    And I'm not a huge Luck fan. I'm pretty ambivalent about him, actually. I'm just not stupid enough to pretend that game managers are better than him because he had one snakebit season. If he continues to suck when healthy, then sure, he'll start getting (and deserving) criticism.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Really would like to see you back up that argument.

2011- went 6-10 with 21 TD and 17 INT for 4,051 yards. Failed to reach the playoffs.
    2012- went 7-9 19 TD and 12 INT for 3,869 yards. Failed to reach the playoffs. Andrew Luck went 11-5 23 TD and 18 INT for 4,374 yards. Made Playoffs
    2013- went 12-4 24 TD and 13 INT for 3,379 yards. First round bye lost in divisional round. Andrew Luck went 11-5 23 TD 9 Int for 3,822 yards. Won wild card lost in divisional round.

2014- went 7-8-1 18 TD and 12 INT for 3,127 yards. Won WC game and lost in divisional round Andrew Luck went 11-5 40 TD and 16 INT for 4,761 yards lost in AFCC

2015 had a great year 15-1 35 TD and 10 INT for 3,837 yards. Lost in SB Luck missed 9 games with multiple injuries.

So aside from 2015 when exactly has Newton been a better QB than Andrew Luck? Luck has done more with much less and I don't know how anyone can argue that.

Did you really think people were going to overlook the obviousness of you not including rushing TDs at all

Thread Information