My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    "b-but beisbol is not a racist "sport" gais!!!"

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I'm sure that's not the first pitch Tebow saw, I'm sure he took batting practice and the like so he had become acclimated to game speed pitches to some degree.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm sure that's not the first pitch Tebow saw, I'm sure he took batting practice and the like so he had become acclimated to game speed pitches to some degree.
    I'll just bet you're sure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, those scouts what were sent to watch him, they only saw him wearing football helmets and throwing hail mary`s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    beisbol is still more exciting than Lakers basketball tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    beisbol is still more exciting than Lakers basketball tbh
    idk, the Lakers self destruction is fun to watch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The thrill is gone" -BB King

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    162 game season
    1 game playoff
    wtf?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    162 game season
    1 game playoff
    wtf?
    fillemptyvoidinfatfanslifeball

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count

true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you call fatball post-season ?

Dessert

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More history.

The very first time a post-season series ended on a.....

Walk-off error

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shiiiiiiiiiit

Game over sons, everybody go home. Take your belongings with you. It was fun while it lasted, though.
    b-b-but beisbol's learning curve is SO high!!!
    I missed the soccer crew's semen tornado after Tebow's homer in a workout game.

He's in the Arizona Fall League now. To compare that league to basketball's player development, the AFL would be on the level of something like the Turkish League.

Tebow is by far the worst player in the league. After tonight's game, his OPS will drop even more, to .250. To compare that to basketball, that would be like a 10 percent shooting percentage

Yeah, learning curve is ridiculously high. Jerryd Hayne made an NFL roster on his first try, and you have 7 foot Indian lops making NBA rosters without much trouble.

Povertyball fans wrong again, per par.
    Last edited by midnightpulp; 10-27-2016 at 11:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I missed..."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair...I thought it was funny when Tebow homered. That's why I posted it.

Please don't lump me in with the Povertyball crowd. Even though I hate beisbol...it's still 10,000 times better than watching soccer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ???

You can count my posts on one hand since S&B bumped this thread. I discovered the bump in my mentions.

"Game over," indeed.

Since you don't know baseball, I don't think you realize how terrible Tebow is. It's literally like a basketball player averaging 1ppg on 10% shooting. And we don't have any defensive metrics on him yet. From what I've heard, he's terrible there, too. Right now, he's twice as worse as the 2nd worse player in the league.

And this is a "workout" league. They only play about 20 games.

I told you dip s this was a publicity stunt. It's sad that bum took a legit spot from a real baseball player, but since baseball has about 100 minor league levels, someone would take the bait in the hope of drawing attendance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair...I thought it was funny when Tebow homered. That's why I posted it.

Please don't lump me in with the Povertyball crowd. Even though I hate beisbol...it's still 10,000 times better than watching soccer.
    I'm not. I knew you were being cheeky.

Just slapping down the povertyball crew after their cute semen hurricane.

They really thought Tebow was going to "expose" the difficulty of baseball. He's all but confirmed its difficulty. And this was a guy who was an elite baseball player in high school, scouted by the Angels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baseball’s Biggest Games Are Taking Forever

October brings falling leaves, great postseason pitching and hitting, and painfully long baseball games. Look no further than Game 2 of the World Series: On the game’s biggest national stage, the Cubs and Indians played a 5-1 game Wednesday night that took four hours and four minutes to complete. Interminable games like Wednesday’s contest are the norm for the MLB postseason — but even by that standard, this year has been by far the slowest in recent memory.

Baseball usually reserves its longest games for October, with the average game length jumping precipitously in the final month of each of the past five seasons. But even keeping that in mind, this year has been extraordinary: The last 27 games have featured an average game length of three hours and 24 minutes, the highest average for any continuous block of 27 games in the past five years (and far above the overall 2016 season average of three hours, two minutes). The only block of games that even comes close to the one we’re in now came in 2014 — and 2014 was before baseball commissioner Rob Manfred announced new rules designed to speed up the games. That this year’s games are surpassing the heights of 2014 even with those pace-of-play rules in place is extraordinary.

There are a number of contributors to baseball’s recent sluggishness, including instant replay reviews, reliever usage and pitcher pace. Managers are using replay-review challenges more aggressively in the postseason, averaging more than one per game, in comparison with the regular season average of 0.6 per game. Replay challenges take about 96 seconds each1, so the additional challenges are probably only adding a little less than a minute to the bloated postseason average.

Reliever usage is probably a larger factor. As I do ented in a recent piece, managers are asking more relievers to chew up a greater fraction of the innings this postseason than ever before. So far this postseason, there have been 4.06 relief appearances per game, compared with a regular season average of 3.14 per game. Each pitching change can take up to two minutes and 30 seconds, so pitcher usage accounts for another two- to three-minute chunk of the sluggish pace.

Relievers themselves also slow the pace of the game. Relief pitchers take much more time between pitches — about 1.7 seconds more per throw — than starters do. Combine that leisurely tempo with the fact that relievers are being used more so far this postseason — about 14 more pitches are thrown by the bullpen per game — and we’ve accounted for another 25 or so extra seconds per game.

Speaking of slow pitching pace, by far the worst offender this year was the Los Angeles Dodgers’ bullpen. At 25.9 seconds per pitch, Dodgers relievers were 0.3 seconds slower between pitches than the second-place team (the Boston Red Sox, who also made it to the playoffs), 3.3 seconds slower — per pitch, mind you! — than their NLCS opponent, the Cubs, and 2.2 seconds slower than the AL champion Indians.2 Fans and announcers complain about replay challenges and pitching changes, but combined they probably have less impact on game length than specific teams (like the Dodgers) do.

So after the Cubs advanced over L.A. in the NLCS, it was fair to think that the strongest influence on this postseason’s slow games was out of the race, and that we might see snappier baseball in the World Series as a result. But despite the Cubs and Indians being two relatively fast-paced teams, the World Series has featured two of the longest games of the postseason, each with relatively little offense and only nine innings. There’s a big chunk of this postseason slowdown that doesn’t seem to be due to relievers, or replay, or pace. Maybe it’s the drama of the moment or the potential to break a le drought, but baseball games now take longer than at any point in recent memory.
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...aking-forever/

You have to be a real loser to waste over 4 hours of your life for 20 minutes of "action" (this includes balls, walks, foul balls, and routine grounders) and the other 3.5+ hours watching fat ass men play with their nuts, spit, drink beer and smoke in the dugout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...aking-forever/

You have to be a real loser to waste over 4 hours of your life for 20 minutes of "action" (this includes balls, walks, foul balls, and routine grounders) and the other 3.5+ hours watching fat ass men play with their nuts, spit, drink beer and smoke in the dugout.
    Baseball's time/entertainment ratio is exponentially greater than soccer's.

A 20 minute inning in a one run or tied game is significantly more entertaining than an entire soccer match that will probably end in 0-0. Every pitch is vitally important, every swing important. There's nothing like the sustained tension of 2 out/2 strikes, man in scoring position situation, with the batter constantly fighting off pitches.

Soccer's close game "tension" is basically non-existent. A lot of passing around in the midfield, parking the bus, lost possessions, and if we're really lucky, maybe a couple of breakaways. I mean, look here, 3 shots on goal the entire match!

http://www.espnfc.us/matchstats?gameId=456817

The 9th inning of last night's game was 100x more involving than that .

You have to be a real loser to waste over 2 hours of your life watching aimless jogging and skinnyfat twinks dive to the grass for a game that will likely end up in a tie

"But they jog around, so it's ACTION packed."

I do agree baseball needs a few tweaks to speed up the game. I think starting pitchers should have to go 7 innings minimum and no more than one relief pitcher per inning. No tweaks can fix soccer, though, since it's a Victorian relic with terrible game design.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseball, cricket, golf....lol standing in the sun 4hrs+ fck that ...just as worst as watchin daytona or whatever it that run loops in a cirle doing one left hand turn for 2hrs is called skillful driving...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseball, cricket, golf....lol standing in the sun 4hrs+ fck that ...just as worst as watchin daytona or whatever it that run loops in a cirle doing one left hand turn for 2hrs is called skillful driving...
    You don't like watching 12 hour test cricket, bro?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't like watching 12 hour test cricket, bro?
    no what for? thats boring man...never got into the sport, standing in the field in the heat of summer? what for? the only clowns who enjoyed it are when u hitting the ball or bowling, most of the time ur standing in the field hoping the kent hits the ball towards ur direction to catch it...thats just as lame as baseball...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no what for? thats boring man...never got into the sport, standing in the field in the heat of summer? what for? the only clowns who enjoyed it are when u hitting the ball or bowling, most of the time ur standing in the field hoping the kent hits the ball towards ur direction to catch it...thats just as lame as baseball...
    Them Pakis can play Cricket pretty good, eh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Them Pakis can play Cricket pretty good, eh?
    im not paki kent, but im sure its up there with ing a goat

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    im not paki kent, but im sure its up there with ing a goat

Thread Information