Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah it's not just dingers that have gone up, strikeouts are trending up as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically: fly ball equals 3 point shot, ground ball equals midrange jumper.

The results were that the average ground ball generated 0.04 runs and caused 0.80 outs while the average ball in air generated 0.23 runs and caused just 0.62 outs. On a runs-per-out basis, balls hit into the air created almost 7.5 times as much offense as balls kept on the ground did.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hm, interesting stuff, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah it's not just dingers that have gone up, strikeouts are trending up as well.
    Which isn't a killer if the player can maintain a high OPS.

You'd rather have 40 homeruns on a .230 average than 5 homeruns on a .300 average, for instance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hm, interesting stuff, tbh..
    Good breakdown on why Kershaw is giving up a lot of homeruns this season. Also touches on why we're seeing a homerun surge.

As you know, baseball’s experiencing a home-run surge. It hasn’t affected all pitches equally. Home-run rates against high pitches are up, but they’re lower than they were in 2008-2009. So, there’s still a feeling of some normalcy. Home-run rates against low and middle pitches, though, have skyrocketed, relatively speaking. Middle pitches go for homers most often, and that’s what you’d expect, but also, compare the other two lines. Since the start of last season, low pitches have gone out more often than high pitches, on a per-swing basis. That’s not how things used to be.

The easy, over-simplified explanation: Pitchers have increasingly been working down. Hitters have worked to combat that by trying to elevate pitches down. Anything you’ve ever read about a hitter trying to hit more fly balls has involved that hitter trying to elevate pitches around the knees. Pitchers worked low, so hitters started to work low. Hitters got better lower in the zone. This doesn’t capture everything, but I do think it makes overall sense.
    http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/clayt...e-run-problem/

As an aside, this is what makes Mike Trout such a dangerous hitter. He was always best at attacking pitches low in the zone, where most pitchers default to in order to induce weak contact and groundballs. Now it seems every good batter can drive pitches low in the zone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Source?

I don't think Orel Hershiser and Joe Davis nor the ESPN broadcast team are s.

You were probably listening to the Argentinian feed or something, and they were likely confused by all the scoring, being from a soccer country and all
    Of course I was hearing to Spanish broadcasters. They were Dominicans or something like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which isn't a killer if the player can maintain a high OPS.

You'd rather have 40 homeruns on a .230 average than 5 homeruns on a .300 average, for instance.
    Oh, I agree completely. Merely pointing out the trend.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

midnightpulp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cant even run for 10 meters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Waiting for the meanless Charts, Graphics and statistics

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

midnightpulp

WTH!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF

In before : "hitting a ball a X MPH and graphs, adjusted numbers and science"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bur more calories taking a than playing this boring ass game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro, what is up with your travel in France ? you already made up your mind ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also beisbol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Irrelevant until we have the exit velocity numbers, tbh.

Also when did burn more calories = better sport become a thing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro, what is up with your travel in France ? you already made up your mind ?
    yeah I have no choice bro. Personally, I dont make enough money to afford trips like these but the girl said she can cover the ticket expense so I only have to worry about expense in france.

Im just hoping whatever I have is enough. I cant put myslef in dangerous broke territory. I just wanna call her out for being so cliche...no offense bro. Im sure france is great but its the cliche choice for romantic vacations.

You think I can survive for 4kUSD in 17 days...Thats the only thing I can afford right now. I used blow away 7k in 30 days in the philippines and thats a third world country...so I have no idea if 4k is even enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The TwinkTrot crew still doesn't know how to take an L, I see. Here's how poorly designed of a sport soccer is. Some weekend scores. In 16 games, we have 6 ties, with THREE of them being 0-0.

And most of the other games ended in predictable 1-0, 2-1 scores. You can set your watch to how a soccer match will likely play out. Evidence of its poor design. Ice Hockey pretty much fixed all the flaws of soccer's antiquated and unimaginative game design.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cant even run for 10 meters
    Soccer twinks hurt themselves celebrating .

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/new...rating-a-goal/

Likely due to the low musclemass many of them have. Lack of musclemass can result in extra ligament strain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah I have no choice bro. Personally, I dont make enough money to afford trips like these but the girl said she can cover the ticket expense so I only have to worry about expense in france.

Im just hoping whatever I have is enough. I cant put myslef in dangerous broke territory. I just wanna call her out for being so cliche...no offense bro. Im sure france is great but its the cliche choice for romantic vacations.

You think I can survive for 4kUSD in 17 days...Thats the only thing I can afford right now. I used blow away 7k in 30 days in the philippines and thats a third world country...so I have no idea if 4k is even enough.
    well that's 200 euro per day roughly, gonna be tough. It really depends where you plan to go. If you want a decent hotel in Paris it's at least 100 / 130 euros per day already you can find much cheaper but forget the romantic aspect of the trip, gonna be students hotel and stuff.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The TwinkTrot crew still doesn't know how to take an L, I see. Here's how poorly designed of a sport soccer is. Some weekend scores. In 16 games, we have 6 ties, with THREE of them being 0-0.

And most of the other games ended in predictable 1-0, 2-1 scores. You can set your watch to how a soccer match will likely play out. Evidence of its poor design. Ice Hockey pretty much fixed all the flaws of soccer's antiquated and unimaginative game design.
    Goddamn, that's embarrassing. No wonder liberals love floptrot so much. Nobody loses, nobody wins, and everyone gets a trophy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well that's 200 euro per day roughly, gonna be tough. It really depends where you plan to go. If you want a decent hotel in Paris it's at least 100 / 130 euros per day already you can find much cheaper but forget the romantic aspect of the trip, gonna be students hotel and stuff.
    i am sharing hotel expense with the girl so hopefully that helps....

how's brazil?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

midnightpulp

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Waiting for the meanless Charts, Graphics and statistics
    WTF

In before : "hitting a ball a X MPH and graphs, adjusted numbers and science"

Thread Information