Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tebow trying to get into the mlb. I wonder why he didn't choose another sport? Oh yeah, it's because any fatass can play beisbol.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like he chose the sport because he was an elite baseball player in high school?

He won't make it to the MLB. He'll probably bounce around the Independents/Minors as a sideshow for a few games and then quit.

Danny Ainge, though, flamed out in pro baseball, joined the NBA after a 4 year layoff from basketball, and the rest is history.

Fooobaw is the fatass sport, bro. Get it right.
    Last edited by midnightpulp; 08-09-2016 at 09:15 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember this . A 32 year old Master P who probably hadn't played serious basketball since high school and past his athletic prime was getting roster spot consideration from the Nuggets

http://www.espn.com/nba/columns/stor...st=spears_marc

Wonder why he didn't chose another sport?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    During the strike-shortened 1998-99 season, Miller was a member of the Charlotte Hornets during training camp but didn't make the regular-season roster. During the 1999-2000 season, he once scored eight points in an exhibition game against the Vancouver Grizzlies while playing for the Toronto Raptors and continually packed arenas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fatball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wonder why he didnt just choose basketball because its so easy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baseball is just so turrrible. An obese fatty considered your most iconic player.

"You need really good hand-eye coordination and, and, and you need to be able to, to, to". Most ing sports require hand-eye or foot-eye coordination.

"But, but, but not like this. WHY DON"T YOU TRY HITTING THIS 100 MPH fastball right now!! You, you, you can't do it because never mind the fact that you haven't played this sport that requires little cardiovascular exertion all your life. But-but-but, you never took the time to tailor your game towards a specific skillset required for this dumbass game. Because, you know, chasing down a ball in the outfield is so damn tough, you know. I mean, I don't know how elite athletes would be able to do something like that"

Just because someone has to learn how to catch/hit a ball whizzing at their face since they were a young teenager doesn't make it a good sport. It just means you have to train to do it. It still ing sucks, period. This is a game that is literally stagnant the vast majority of the time and has no continuity between plays. It's the most boring I've ever seen. The "nuances" of lineup strategy etc is ing boring too. Who wants to watch some meeting at the mound where no one can hear what's going on for ten minutes? It's ridiculous. This game will end up in a museum one day, and good riddance.

There's a reason most sane people cannot wait until the summer is over, because Baseball is ing garbage.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Baseball is just so turrrible. An obese fatty considered your most iconic player.

"You need really good hand-eye coordination and, and, and you need to be able to, to, to". Most ing sports require hand-eye or foot-eye coordination.

"But, but, but not like this. WHY DON"T YOU TRY HITTING THIS 100 MPH fastball right now!! You, you, you can't do it because never mind the fact that you haven't played this sport that requires little cardiovascular exertion all your life. But-but-but, you never took the time to tailor your game towards a specific skillset required for this dumbass game. Because, you know, chasing down a ball in the outfield is so damn tough, you know. I mean, I don't know how elite athletes would be able to do something like that"

Just because someone has to learn how to catch/hit a ball whizzing at their face since they were a young teenager doesn't make it a good sport. It just means you have to train to do it. It still ing sucks, period. This is a game that is literally stagnant the vast majority of the time and has no continuity between plays. It's the most boring I've ever seen. The "nuances" of lineup strategy etc is ing boring too. Who wants to watch some meeting at the mound where no one can hear what's going on for ten minutes? It's ridiculous. This game will end up in a museum one day, and good riddance.

There's a reason most sane people cannot wait until the summer is over, because Baseball is ing garbage.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    At least he didn't sell out & become a tight end.

That's what Media was banking on. in' rats.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Tim Tebow likely to prove again that baseball is harder than football

So Tim Tebow wants to play professional baseball, even though he last played the sport as a junior in high school. Back then, he was a power-hitting outfielder who hit .494 with four home runs as his team reached the state semifinals. The Angels actually wanted to draft him, but he never turned in his information card.

Of course, at 29 years old and 11 years removed from baseball, the odds of a team even signing him are slim. Then again, the Chicago White Sox gave a basketball player named Michael Jordan a shot back in 1994, when he was 31 years old. Put immediately in Double-A, Jordan hit .202/.289/.266 with 30 stolen bases. It wasn't pretty, but even doing that well was impressive.

Really, it was a reminder that baseball is the most difficult of sports. You can't rely on raw athleticism if you don't have the hand-eye coordination to hit 95-mph fastballs and nasty sliders. We wish Tebow luck, but here's a list of football players who tried to play baseball and discovered they were much better at football.

http://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/p...-than-football

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    At least he didn't sell out & become a tight end.

That's what Media was banking on. in' rats.

Kobe's parents sold his .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobe's parents sold his .
    They were selling your .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tim Tebow likely to prove again that baseball is harder than football

So Tim Tebow wants to play professional baseball, even though he last played the sport as a junior in high school. Back then, he was a power-hitting outfielder who hit .494 with four home runs as his team reached the state semifinals. The Angels actually wanted to draft him, but he never turned in his information card.

Of course, at 29 years old and 11 years removed from baseball, the odds of a team even signing him are slim. Then again, the Chicago White Sox gave a basketball player named Michael Jordan a shot back in 1994, when he was 31 years old. Put immediately in Double-A, Jordan hit .202/.289/.266 with 30 stolen bases. It wasn't pretty, but even doing that well was impressive.

Really, it was a reminder that baseball is the most difficult of sports. You can't rely on raw athleticism if you don't have the hand-eye coordination to hit 95-mph fastballs and nasty sliders. We wish Tebow luck, but here's a list of football players who tried to play baseball and discovered they were much better at football.

http://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/p...-than-football

Look at him,,,totin' up ciphers & worrying himself into a bit of a frazzle.

He even found the temerity to cite MJ. Then held fast in the ranks about not mentioning the fact that MJ got kicked out of the NBA.

Rough being a Christian in a Muslim country.

---------

I'll just bet you do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

meanwhile NFL football is literally being stripped of its balls every year. Lol football turning into soccer in 5 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stickball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Now you're getting it. Hardest routine action to do in sports. And much harder than anything to do in foooobawww.

While foooobaw might be an entertaining sport when it's not interrupted by yet another commercial or thrown flag, the skillset demands are a joke compared to every other major sport on the planet. I remember foooobaw fans saying there was no way Jarryd Hayne would make an NFL roster. Fooobaw players are simply too athletic, too "skilled," too experienced, they said. How is Hayne going to get familiar with the "complexity" of fooobaw playbooks with such limited experienced?

He made an NFL roster in his first try

"B-B-But he played a similar sport in Australia!" (fun fact: Rugby League isn't really that similar outside of a few superficial similarities)

Yeah, when is the last time you seen a cricket player make an MLB roster?

And bringing a Ruth. A player from the 20's. Meanwhile, foooobaw is by far the fattest ball sport in the world, with nearly half the roster looking as if they might need a mobility scooter to get around.

And at fooobaw having continuity between plays. Continuity between commercials perhaps. But I know foooobaw fans will often confuse commercials and the actual game, since it can be hard to tell the difference at times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Continuity between commercials perhaps.
    Everybody I know who watches NFL Football (and I do mean everybody) watches NFL Redzone....

Just saying. That " Commercials" argument holds no water with me. Seriously Mid...I can't think of one person in my fantasy league who actually watches the game on FOX/CBS. Even if their favorite team is playing...they still watch RedZone.

NFL RedZone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody I know who watches NFL Football (and I do mean everybody) watches NFL Redzone....

Just saying. That " Commercials" argument holds no water with me. Seriously Mid...I can't think of one person in my fantasy league who actually watches the game on FOX/CBS. Even if their favorite team is playing...they still watch RedZone.

NFL RedZone
    Why should I pay for something extra to get away from the NFL's incessant commercials?

Why doesn't, you know, the NFL just put more of a hard cap on the number of commercials during a broadcast?

Besides, I tune into to watch my team and really couldn't care less about the Bucs driving against the Saints.

Red Zone is to appeal to fantasy nerds, and fantasy football is bigger than the actual sport these days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not enough commercials in my post for you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not enough commercials in my post for you?
    You spent the vast majority of your post talking about another sport. As if I'm supposed to have some knee-jerk response in defending it. But thanks for the response.

Thread Information